Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will Todd Heap Retire a Raven?

This one is a tough call! I don't think Todd has hard feelings toward the Ravens but they did cut him. AZ is his home town. I guess it depends on how his career goes there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    This one is a tough call! I don't think Todd has hard feelings toward the Ravens but they did cut him. AZ is his home town. I guess it depends on how his career goes there.
    Look at Derrick Mason. Heap didn't do much last year because got injured again. I think Heap's career is winding down and I doubt he has any impact years left.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Does it really matter if Heap "retires as a Raven?" He was our 1st round draft choice after Super Bowl XXXV (#31 in 2001). He lived through the 'Boller era' and took many vicious hits. IMO if Heap retires from the Cardinals, he's still ROH worthy in Baltimore... Bc

Heap was the first Raven that I "loved." (Cue sappy girl music here.) And I know it wasn't just me, if you go to any Ravens home game, the amount of Heap jerseys you see on women is astonishing. The women's bathrooms are practically a sea of pink Heap jerseys.

He was strong, reliable, a workhorse ... like we all know, he took a lot of punishing hits for the good of the team. Couldn't stay healthy, but he single-handedly won or changed the complexion of many important games. San Diego by bowling in for that touchdown. Jets a couple years ago with that sick catch over the middle (that used to be my signature on here). That full-page ad he took out thanking us says it all. Guy is your quintessential football player. I HOPE he retires a Raven.

ravens.jpg

Blog Entries

Yeah I remember that diving catch he made against the Jets, I had some friends round watching that Monday night game, here in the UK it was like around 2 in the morning and when he made that catch we all were jumping up in the air like we never seen such a great display of athleticism before. That was a good night.

I really hope Pitta can become the work horse that Heap was for us, and Dickson can be the explosive down field threat at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Does it really matter if Heap "retires as a Raven?" He was our 1st round draft choice after Super Bowl XXXV (#31 in 2001). He lived through the 'Boller era' and took many vicious hits. IMO if Heap retires from the Cardinals, he's still ROH worthy in Baltimore... Bc

No it doesn't matter, but it would be nice for the fans. Also agree with the ROH, statement.