Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Todd Heap Retire a Raven?

Will Todd Heap, once he decides to call it quits, do the same thing D-Mase did and sign a one day contract with the Ravens to retire as one?
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Re: Will Todd Heap Retire a Raven?

I'd like him back to play for another season actually, at least he can catch something.

Yes and he's a lock for the RoH. Bisciotti already said as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Will Todd Heap, once he decides to call it quits, do the same thing D-Mase did and sign a one day contract with the Ravens to retire as one?
    I don't see why he wouldn't. Heap has a great relationship with the team.

Blog Entries

i predict we sign a vet FA, with as much as he was injured last year whats the chances he gets cut and is that vet we bring back for a role his body can still handle.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i predict we sign a vet FA, with as much as he was injured last year whats the chances he gets cut and is that vet we bring back for a role his body can still handle.
    I don't know, what other options do Arizona have at TE?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't know, what other options do Arizona have at TE?
    a bunch of youth and Jeff King. They relied on it last year though. Heap only started 4 games, played in 10. King started 10 and played in all 16. I wouldnt be surprised by it depending on what heaps owed, which im unfamiliar with. If hes available, i could see us bringing him back, hes near the end.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    a bunch of youth and Jeff King. They relied on it last year though. Heap only started 4 games, played in 10. King started 10 and played in all 16. I wouldnt be surprised by it depending on what heaps owed, which im unfamiliar with. If hes available, i could see us bringing him back, hes near the end.
    Would give us a very reliable 3rd down option, and he can block better than any TE we currently have on our roster.

Heap already retired, he just doesn't know it yet. Look, I like Todd. A lot. And I respect the effort he gave the team. But the writing is on the wall. They're better off with Dixon and Pitta. What they need to do is focus on making both of them more involved in the offense and catching more balls. That will only benefit the WR's on the edge and also Rice. This offense has a lot of weapons. A lot. If they can block and give Rice room and Joe time, they can cause a lot of teams problems.

Now, to answer the OP's question, I think it's likely that he does. While I think there may have been some bruised feelings after the release, I think both sides will get over that and give Todd the proper sendoff once he decides to give in to the inevitable.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    While I think there may have been some bruised feelings after the release, I think both sides will get over that and give Todd the proper sendoff once he decides to give in to the inevitable.
    Truth.
    And there no bruised feelings from all the Heeeeeeeeep that he consistantly heard here.
    Both sides know Todd is still a fan favorite (and if we could afford it, we would by a Hummer ;) )
    Unless he wants to stay out west, walk away from football and never look back, he gladly accepts RoH, and wise Raven marketing management makes sure that it happens.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries
    We've moved on from Heap as a player but hed be a candidate for retiring a Raven

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He will be in the Ring of Honor soon, I see Mason next year and then Heap and then maybe Billick.

http://RavensFanNation.com