Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: The way too early and completely irrelevant roster breakdown, because it's July and we're bored.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They could have very easily kicked Yanda out to RT and play Wragge at RG if they weren't interested in Cornell's ability with the #1's.

Not disagreeing with you, but when Ozzie and Bisciotti know who you are and are liking what they see, that's a good thing IMO.
    I think the notion is Oher or McKinnie or even Reid will eventually be there, so theres no reason to slide Yanda out just to have him slide back in. Howard i believe was running with the ones at RT too, i doubt hes our starting RT though. I agree I like Cornell and his upside, im just not sure hes better right now than anyone else on the team and is at minimal risk when going to PS. Like i said its possible they decide to go with him, but it would be at the expense of howard or wragge than adding a 10 OL, imo. Ozzie and DeCosta are really high on Nicholas Jean Bapiste too, but im not sure that means hes not a PS player this year.

Not under the new CBA. :)

A guy can be IR'ed and then brought off of IR and put in the active roster later in the season. I think there is a limit though on how many times a team can do that.
    I believe i heard it was only one player but i wasnt sure that took effect this year either or that it was even passed.
    -JAB

Re: The way too early and completely irrelevant roster breakdown, because it's July and we're bored.

Not under the new CBA. :)

A guy can be IR'ed and then brought off of IR and put in the active roster later in the season. I think there is a limit though on how many times a team can do that.

What's the point of even having a PUP then? If you have a player who is hurt, just put him on IR and bring him back when you want to, rather than putting him on PUP and having to wait until week #7 to bring him back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    What's the point of even having a PUP then? If you have a player who is hurt, just put him on IR and bring him back when you want to, rather than putting him on PUP and having to wait until week #7 to bring him back.
    i think what wicked is saying is true as well... i think its after week 10 at the earliest iirc, effectively making it the same as PUP but for longer. plus it includes injuries that happen in TC.
    -JAB