Today at the Under Armour Performance Center

I had the pleasure of being at training camp today and was impressed by two players. WR Logan Payne caught everything thrown his way. His route running was crisp and his progression through the route tree was impressive. This guy is hungry and he is working his butt off.

Kicker Justin Tucker is equally impressive. He went 6 for 6 today and drilled one from 50 yards. Tucker was also punting today and would be a great fill in if something happened to Koch. His body language was indicative of a confident kicker. If he gets cut he won't be on the open market very long.

On the underwhelmed list is "Touch Down" Tommy Streeter. He was lackadaisical, and appeared disinterested. His route running was not aggressive and it was apparent he'd rather be somewhere else.

I have to say Ed Reed looks great. Fast, quick to the ball, and seems primed to have a superior season.

Thanks Ravens Ticket office!!!!

Re: Today at the Under Armour Performance Center

Also impressive Ryan McBean. Big strong and nasty. It's a shame he has to sit out the first six games.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Also impressive Ryan McBean. Big strong and nasty. It's a shame he has to sit out the first six games.
    3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    3 games.
    I stand corrected, 6 games reduced to 3. Thanks Ravensinva. He is a beast though.

Finally! Someone who has actually been there this year for camp.

Anything else you could add? How was the overall experience? Any complaints, did it run smoothly?

Could they fit more people if they really wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Finally! Someone who has actually been there this year for camp.
    I went to Owings Mills last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    How was the overall experience? Any complaints, did it run smoothly?

Could they fit more people if they really wanted to?
    Very well run. Everyone was seated in bleachers under canopies. Ravens staff provided frozen pineapples and cold water battles. The kids were taken care of by Ravens staff and got a lot of players' focus & attention. Our kids got about 15 autographs each, mostly from starters, and Ed Reed's gloves. And lots of banter with the players.

A few more fans could have been squeezed along the sidelines, but where would they have parked? The 200 guests was a realistic number.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    A few more fans could have been squeezed along the sidelines, but where would they have parked? The 200 guests was a realistic number.
    The reason I asked this is because if this is going to be permanent, knowing the Ravens they are going to try to increase the fan attendance over time. I have never been there, don't know what the setup looks like or how much room there is, so I had no clue if it was even possible.

The parking thing is really a non issue IMO, a simple shuttle from wherever can take care of that if need be. Obviously they can't create parking, but from some pics I have seen it looks like they could accommodate more bodies if they wanted to near the field.

In my dreams I hope they would start thinking about how to get more people in there, and eventually having a MUCH larger capacity. 200 or 250 whatever it is leaves a lot of fans shut out, and I am sure if they really wanted to they could make changes to get many more in there.

But anyway great to hear how well it was run, just another reason why they are one of the best at pretty much everything they do.

Blog Entries

I keep hearing about how aggresive this Ryan McBean is. Is he suspended for pre season games too? I really like the sound of him. Could be a sleeper at the 5 tech position this year, heard he had 4 sacks for the Broncos in limited action last year.