Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The way too early and completely irrelevant roster breakdown, because its July and were bored.

Good stuff JAB!, im pretty much with you all the way except i think Cundiff will be the kicker. As far as the 3rd TE i think the fact that it's just undrafted free agents on the roster besides Pitta, Dickson and Drew tells me they want Drew to win that job. They obviously see something in him we havent be able to, i think its his to lose at this point. I also think if he looks shaky early you'll see them call Kris Wilson back up or another vet.

Re: The way too early and completely irrelevant roster breakdown, because its July and were bored.

I think most of our roster is pretty stationary at this point. I'd say we can already tentatively pencil in about 45 or 46 spots. Allen and Berry are in competition for the 3rd RB spot. Hall/Tyson/Jean Baptiste figure to battling for two DL spots while Bynes/Chavis Williams/Carr seem to be fighting for one (possibly two) LB/ST spots. Chykie Brown and Cook appear in competition for a spot as well. Plus, there's Justin Boren.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Good stuff JAB!, im pretty much with you all the way except i think Cundiff will be the kicker. As far as the 3rd TE i think the fact that it's just undrafted free agents on the roster besides Pitta, Dickson and Drew tells me they want Drew to win that job. They obviously see something in him we havent be able to, i think its his to lose at this point. I also think if he looks shaky early you'll see them call Kris Wilson back up or another vet.
    i fought my own instincts on that one. If he continues to hit 55 yarders consistently I could see it happening. Its my long shot surprise at this point, eventhough some think cundiff making the team is the longshot.

I do think they see something in Drew and if i remember correctly he was actually pretty impressive last pre season but i dont see them needing another pass catching TE. maybe they go 2 TEs and carry an extra OL, possibly Boren. Anybody know if we have ever only carried 2 TEs?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I think most of our roster is pretty stationary at this point. I'd say we can already tentatively pencil in about 45 or 46 spots. Allen and Berry are in competition for the 3rd RB spot. Hall/Tyson/Jean Baptiste figure to battling for two DL spots while Bynes/Chavis Williams/Carr seem to be fighting for one (possibly two) LB/ST spots. Chykie Brown and Cook appear in competition for a spot as well. Plus, there's Justin Boren.
    id agree with that. we lost so much and our depth is now being called upon to be starters that a lot of those positions are pretty obvious for the most part. WR and DL will probably be the biggest battles. CB will be one where well have to carry 7 or lose out on a talented prospect. I was throwing around the idea of having Graham as a CB/S and having Considine or cook cut to save a roster space.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

So, now with some practices under their belts...have any opinions changed at all? Mine has...quite a bit.

My current projected depth chart:

QB - Flacco, Taylor
    RB - Rice, Pierce, Allen
    FB - Leach
    WR - Boldin, T. Smith, L. Williams, J. Jones, Doss, D. Thompson
    TE - Dickson, Pitta, Figgins
    LT - McKinnie
    LG - B. Williams, KO
    C - Birk, Gradkowski
    RG - Yanda, Wragge
    RT - Oher, Reid, Cornell

RE - Ngata
    DT/NT - Cody, McBean, Hall
    LE - A. Jones, McPhee
    Rush - Suggs*, Kruger, Blackstock
    Will - McClain, Ayanbadejo
    Mike - R. Lewis, Ellerbe
    Sam - Upshaw, Kindle
    CB - Webb, C. Williams, J. Smith, C. Graham, D. Gorrer, A. Jackson
    FS - Reed
    SS - Pollard, Considine, C. Thompson

K - Tucker
    P - Koch
    LS - Cox

IR - Streeter, D. Reed, Suggs (likely start on PUP and be IR'ed later if need be)

Practice Squad
    QB - Brantley
    RB - Rainey, Berry
    WR - Goda
    OL - Boren
    DL - Tyson, Kitchen
    LB - Bynes, Ch. Williams, Carr
    CB - C. Brown
    FS/SS - Chyl Quarles
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't know Wragge at all, I must read up on him
    I like your roster but I'd have Boren in the 53, I like him a lot

And possibly Cook instead of Considine.

Good call on Cornell, by all accounts he's doing well in camp. I love seeing UDFA's succeed

haha... you have Tucker as the kicker... doubt if that happens!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

My current projected depth chart:

QB - Flacco, Taylor
    RB - Rice, Allen, Pierce
    FB - Leach
    WR - Boldin, T. Smith, L. Williams, J. Jones, Doss, Streeter
    TE - Dickson, Pitta, Drew
    LT - Oher
    LG - B. Williams, Boren
    C - Birk, Gradkowski
    RG - Yanda, Wragge
    RT - KO, Reid

RE - Ngata
    DT/NT - Cody, McBean, Hall
    LE - A. Jones, McPhee
    Rush - Suggs*, Kruger, Blackstock
    Will - McClain, Ayanbadejo, Ch. Williams
    Mike - R. Lewis, Carr
    Sam - Upshaw, Kindle
    CB - Webb, C. Williams, J. Smith, C. Graham, D. Gorrer, A. Jackson
    FS - Reed
    SS - Pollard, Considine, C. Thompson

K - Tucker
    P - Koch
    LS - Cox

IR - D. Reed, Suggs (likely start on PUP and be IR'ed later if need be)

Practice Squad
    QB - Brantley
    RB - Rainey, Berry
    WR - Goda, D. Thompson
    OL - Cornell
    DL - Tyson, Kitchen
    LB - Bynes
    CB - C. Brown
    FS/SS - Chyl Quarles

Two surprises - Ellerbe and McKinnie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    haha... you have Tucker as the kicker... doubt if that happens!
    We can all wish can't we?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If you guys are counting Suggs, you don't have to since PUP players do not count towards the 53.

Room MAY need to be made around week 8 or 9 for him, but while on PUP, he does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We can all wish can't we?
    There's a saying that applies to the kicker position:

"The devil you know is better than the devil you don't"

Personally, I hope Tucker outkicks Cundiff the whole camp and through pre-season.... but we both know the kid will begin to wither here in the next few weeks. He more than likely has more developing to do.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Ill have to go over it again. Streeter boren the new lbs will be areas to address. 3 tes are pretty much a certainity now.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: The way too early and completely irrelevant roster breakdown, because it's July and we're bored.

QB Flacco
    QB Taylor

last year we carried two, this year i feel we do the same. Im not even sure Painter would be the option mid-season at this point. hes shown absolutely nothing and is being openly mocked in practices at this point. (2 in 2012/2 week 1 roster in 2011)

RB Rice
    RB Pierce
    RB Berry

First go around I thought Berry would make it a competition, from most reports hes not only doing that but winning it outright, to the point he may even end up the #2 RB with Peirce now hurt. that also opens the door to a possible late signing of Grant/Benson, but i think Ozzie trusts his youth and lets the young guys handle it. (3/3)

FB Leach

no questions. (1/1)

WR Boldin
    WR Smith
    WR Doss
    WR Jones
    WR Williams
    WR Streeter

I still think we carry 6 and i still think Streeter makes the most sense. Thompson is known to be a practice phenom just to have that not show up in games. I think we see the same thing happen here, lights out in practice and disappear in preseason games. If he does continue his success i think its a tough call but they find a way to stash Streeter and thompson gets that last spot. Both possess too much potential to just let go. (6/6)

TE Dickson
    TE Pitta
    TE Bajema

Figgins goes to PS and Bajema lessens the hit of Pitta being out most of TC. Pitta will be behind a little and may take a week or two to get back into the swing of things but should reconnect relatively quick with flacco. I think if Ed starts out hot hell probably maintain the #1 spot, if he has a slow start Pitta becomes the #1 by week 4. with the possibility of running more 3 WR sets this year itll mean something, but well still run enough 2 TE sets that this is more of a 1a/1b than anything. (3/3)

T McKinnie
    G Williams
    C Birk
    G Yanda
    T Oher
    G Osemele
    T Reid
    C Gradkowski
    T Howard

As much of a workman that Oher is I just dont see him beating out McKinnie in a competition, but im glad theyre doing so anyway. Hopefully it doesnt effect his ability on the right side. I think Howard offers enough in experience as well as upside to make the final roster. Cornell will be an interesting player due to his versatility for future years but i think hes safe this year on the PS and likely takes Harewoods spot whos done, imo. Boren is a player id love to make the team, but i just can see it with having so many guys capable of playing inside. another year on PS would do him good if he doesnt get snatched up in the meantime. (9/9)

DE Ngata
    NT Cody
    DE Jones
    DE Mcphee
    DT McBean
    DE DeAngelo
    DT Kemoeatu
    * DT Hall

I still expect to see good things from Jean-Baptiste in TC as the team is really high on him but maybe they sneak him onto the PS for a year or late call up instead. Hall makes sense to carry and then drop for McBean, also helping protect him from being picked up by other teams before the season starts. (7/8)

*with McBean making the roster and being suspended were allowed to carry an extra player until hes activated and another waived.

OLB Kruger
    ILB Lewis
    ILB McClain
    OLB Upshaw
    ILB Ellerbe
    OLB Kindle
    ILB Ayanbadejo
    ILB Carr
    OLB McCellan

Sergio Kindle and Carr are both impressing. Ellerbe if underwhelming could be dropped to keep a bryan hall or maybe even Cook, but i doubt they go that direction and keep the insurance policy for an older and thinner Ray Lewis. (9/9)

CB Webb
    CB Smith
    CB Williams
    CB Gorrer
    CB/S Graham
    CB Jackson
    CB Brown

Jackson is too impressive and Graham really brings some flexibility. I really had a hard time cutting down to 6 originally but decided Brown is too much of a talent and too young to give up on so quickly. they find a way to keep him and carry 7. (7/6)

FS Reed
    SS Pollard
    FS Thompson
    S Considine

after rethinking this, i had to find room for Chykie, and even with Reed an unknown next year, i think its more likely that Cary Williams leaves than he does meaning well need brown for the future more than well need Cook. tough call but i think it makes more sense in the long run. Its possible he beats out considine but i think Harbs values his ST ability from his philly days too much. Id rather see cook make the roster personally. (4/4)

LS Cox
    P Koch
    K Tucker

Im still not sure if Tucker can do it in the coaches eyes, but im softening up even more to pulling the trigger. Im not even sure if hes missed inside 50 yards in practice and has the reputation of being a clutch kicker. (3/3)

I like this one better, but if you ask me to do another in 4 weeks its probably going to look different again. Pittas injury made me add a 3rd TE when right before i was thinking we might only carry 2 with an extra lineman. If he comes back a little early I could see the team still doing that and adding a Wragge, Cornell, or Boren.
    -JAB