Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenman2012 View Post
    A Kenny Britt with his head on straight would look nice on this team!!
    They would have to bang it straight.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Patriots sign yet another TE bringing their total to 4 or 5 TE's on the roster now...signed Visanthe Shiancoe. Are also looking at Jeremy Shockey.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Falcon's MLB, Lofa Tatupu, will miss the entire season with a torn pectoral muscle.

What a shame. I was rooting for him. I always thought he was a good player.

Blog Entries

I doubt the Titans will trade Britt, they want to have as many weapons surrounding Jake Locker (who I was very very impressed with last year, in limited action). They want to develope this young and promising QB, because I think Locker is a sleeper to succeed out of that draft class, stronger arm than Dalton by far, and is more refined as a passer than Cam Newton, and is a pretty mobile athlete. Obviously I still think Newton will be the best player out of that draft, but in 5 years I think Locker wont be that far behind. The Titans aren't such a bad team either, it's not like what Weeden has in Cleveland, or what Luck has in Indianapolis.

In saying that, would I give a fourth round up for Kenny Britt to come to Baltimore? Of course I would, the guy has immense talent, just nothing upstairs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I doubt the Titans will trade Britt, they want to have as many weapons surrounding Jake Locker (who I was very very impressed with last year, in limited action). They want to develope this young and promising QB, because I think Locker is a sleeper to succeed out of that draft class, stronger arm than Dalton by far, and is more refined as a passer than Cam Newton, and is a pretty mobile athlete. Obviously I still think Newton will be the best player out of that draft, but in 5 years I think Locker wont be that far behind. The Titans aren't such a bad team either, it's not like what Weeden has in Cleveland, or what Luck has in Indianapolis.

In saying that, would I give a fourth round up for Kenny Britt to come to Baltimore? Of course I would, the guy has immense talent, just nothing upstairs.
    Sometimes a player's character can significantly outweigh the value of his athletic talent.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe Kenny Britt has been in trouble with the law or legal system at one point or another every year he's been with the Titans. That is a MAJOR problem.

8 arrests in what 4 or 3 seasons? so thats multiple infringments yearly, 3 during the lockout if im not mistaken.

Guy was be an idiot, you'd think you would wise up after a few, especially when Goddell is clamping down on bad beheaviour

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    8 arrests in what 4 or 3 seasons? so thats multiple infringments yearly, 3 during the lockout if im not mistaken.

Guy was be an idiot, you'd think you would wise up after a few, especially when Goddell is clamping down on bad beheaviour
    cant fix stupid.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

Well, Goodell needs to remain consistent and suspend this guy or insist that the Titans do. Frankly, guys like him should be banned from the NFL altogether. It's just my opinion, but I think they should operate on the 3 strike policy.

Strike 1 - Verbal and a league fine (3% of salary for that year...so someone making $500K that season would be fined approximately $15,000).
    Strike 2 - Unpaid suspension not to exceed 4 games & league fine (5% of salary for that year...so someone making $500K that season would be fined approximately $25,000).
    Strike 3 - You're out. Indefinite ban from the NFL.

It's not hard to abide by the law. It's also not hard for guys who make a mistake to rectify it and not break the law anymore.

Blog Entries

Redskins waived rookie cornerback Chase Minnifield.

I always liked him. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens sign him and stash him on IR for the year. Good ST'er as well.

Blog Entries

Patriots cut RB Joseph Addai.

Well, if the Ravens were concerned with the depth at RB, Addai would be a good addition. Probably one of the best pass blocking RB's in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Patriots cut RB Joseph Addai.

Well, if the Ravens were concerned with the depth at RB, Addai would be a good addition. Probably one of the best pass blocking RB's in the NFL.
    I like Addai for exactly that reason. Makes you wonder though if his health just isn't there. Pretty early to dump a player who can bring something the Pats value like pass blocking.

Blog Entries
    Remember when Britt got in trouble last year it was during the lockout so no discipline. He is coming off an injury this year so a 4 week suspension won't hurt since he wasn't likely to play anyway. But for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to want to 'get it'.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!