Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent Thread

I've heard many a person say to not take an LSU WR. Bowe and Doucet are the exceptions at this point. I was on Randle for the draft and have a running bet on if he will be a bust or not. I thought he maybe ok, but my buddy said no, he's from LSU = terrible.

Blog Entries

My biggest gripe about Randle was that he disappeared against collegiate cornerbacks...if he can't produce against college defenses, how is he going to produce against NFL defenses?

I like Tommy Streeter, but the only receivers I was really interested in was Alshon Jeffery, Nick Toon, Mohammed Sanu, and Marvin McNutt.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Rueben Randle was someone I was actually interested in, great size and speed, his film was normally really good, but wasn't that productive, which isn't all that surprising with who he had throwing him the ball.

However Randle appears to be a work in progress in New York right now, I thought he'd have been competing for the #3 WR position. However it appears that Randle is going to be a work in progress as a #5 or 6 receiver, looks like Hixon, Jernigan, and that 6'6 monster that the Giants spent a year developing in Ramses Barden are competing for the #3 place.

So in hind sight, I'm kind of pleased that we took KO, and now realise why they took him. KO looks like a serious talent with a ton of upside at guard with his sheer size, strength and athleticism. Looks like he also may be an immediate contributor, which is especially important when you lose a pro bowl guard in Ben Grubbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pats extend Aaron Hernandez as well.

It seems like Rex and 1st round DE Quinton Coples got into it a little when Rex wouldn't let him come off the field with the other starters. Coples got an attitude and felt he shouldn't have to play the rest of the game...apparently it was pretty noticeable with how unhappy Coples was about that and he played like it on the field by not giving 100% effort.

I can see where that guy is headed...
    Rex had no business drafting him in the first place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree that they will be better in the regular season, but I don't think their offensive philosophy is good with their division and the NFL in general. The whole wildcat offense is a joke IMO. Brady and company will laugh at it, as they hang 40+ points on them.
    You don't remember Miami embarrasing the Pats with wildcat? Tony Sporano is the Jets OC now... and Tebow can run the zone read better than anyone.. and he's DAMN hard to tackle ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    LSU receivers are horrible.
    Not sure why GOTA loves em so. :D

From my SGIII
    GOTA can be misled sometimes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

A few things here:

The Dolphins embarassed the Patriots the very first time they ran it. After that............
    Mr. Bowe won't have long in the limelight, he just doesn't have the right attitude for it. It seems like he and Torrey Smith are polar opposites in that regard.

I can't remember who I was debating with, it might have been Shas, but I did call both Zbikowski and Nakumura being starters. However, while Shas may have also seen it coming, he did not think much of Zbikowski at SS, which I agreed with, which is why I thought he would start at FS, as would Nakumura. I was wrong on both counts, in the sense that both will be starting SSs.

Count that one as a draw.

Rex Ryan isn't showing his hand, because it sucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    GOTA can be misled sometimes.
    LOL

I call them as I see them and I see most LSU games. I didn't like Randle and was neutral on LaFell but I did like Bowe and Doucet a lot when they were in the draft. I'm definitely not a homer for my college team. That's why I can say that Patrick Peterson is a star in the making and that Morris Claiborne is way overrated, though Claiborne has looked great in the preseason. I still can't believe any team would pay Matt Flynn that much money.

The WRs I wanted most from this draft were Kendell Wright, Nick Toon and Mohamend Sanu, none of whom even played in the SEC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I have to admit that it is kinda cool seeing our former players on other teams. Watched the Panthers and saw Haruki getting in a fight with a Jets WR. Heard he got the starting safety spot.

Did Redding get carted off in the second Colt's preseason game?
    Reports of a MCL sprain for Cory (coupled with elbow injury from Aug 9).
    Hearing Brandon McKinney tore his ACL....
    the legend of Raven D players not doing well after moving elsewhere isn't going to be diminished

Thought I saw Phillips playing MLB in that game also.

Heard the talking heads say several times that Bart Scott needs to come out on 3rd and long, he is one that continued to play extremely well after leaving.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

- Regarding the Jets...

All of their success in 2009 and 2010 (regarding their offense), where they made the AFCCG in consecutive seasons, was down to the offensive line. They had the best offensive line in football from 09 to 2010.

Their line was Ferguson (premium left tackle in football), Brandon Moore (Pro bowl level guard), Nick Mangold (Best center in all of football), Alan Faneca (a great veteren all pro guard), Damien Woody (Was in his twilight years with the Jets, but was still solid, and certainly a lot better than Wayne Hunter).

Shonn Greene was nothing special but got the job done behind a great offensive line, and had a great post season, he really pounded the ball. They had Tom Jones who was actually half decent at the time in 09, and then had Tomlinson in 2010 who had a solid year for a veteran in 2010. Mark Sanchez was masked by this, and actually had better weapons then, than he does now.

The Jets failed in maintaining their offensive line success, they did nothing to replace their departing/retiring veterans, and are now paying the price with absolutely TERRIBLE options replacing them. Matt Slauson is average at best, but cannot block elite players to save his life, all I remember is him being dominated in the two previous games against the Ravens. Wayne Hunter is AWFUL, and has been replaced by someone I don't even know. Shonn Green regressed, and has not looked the same since his promising rookie year in 09, probably because he's running behind garbage. I feel sorry for Mangold and Ferguson, because they are still premium players in their respective positions.

The ONLY good thing they did was draft (regarding their ground n pound philosophy, which is failing terribly right now) a stud in John Connor, a great lead blocker who has panned out well for the Jets.

I actually feel sorry for the Jets defense too, they would probably look a lot better if their offense could actually get anything going.

Blog Entries

Jets trade RT Wayne Hunter to the Rams in exchange for their underachieving and disappointing RT, Jason Smith. :grbac:
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I would still take Jason Smith over Wayne Hunter any day of the week. IMO bad trade for the Rams, good for the Jets.

Also Vionce Young was cut by the Bills, would anyone be interested in bringing him in to compete for the back up job? I would much have VY coming in at QB should anything ever happen to Flacco (touch wood) than Painter or Tyrod Taylor. VY has had some serious off field drama, and some immaturity issues, and he'd probably label the Ravens as dream team #2, which we definitely don't want after the Eagles season last year.