Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Re: Free Agent Thread

The problem is with the Jets are:

1) Rex

2) Sanchez with his skin being the thickness of gnat

3) Tebow as their backup and being more popular

4) Players all have Rex's personality (see no. 1)

5) The Giants are also in NY (little brother mentality,hence the Tebow signing)

6) Wayne Hunter being in the NFL

7) Shonne Greene

8) Santonio Holmes

9) Quinton Coples

10) and last but not least, but most obvious. Because Rex is still bitter on not being named the Ravens headcoach, he is still trying make the Jets the Ravens North.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 08-27-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I have to admit that it is kinda cool seeing our former players on other teams. Watched the Panthers and saw Haruki getting in a fight with a Jets WR. Heard he got the starting safety spot.

Did Redding get carted off in the second Colt's preseason game?
    I'm still trying to figure out how Haruki didn't get a penalty also for taking off his helmet.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I laughed watching the Jets offense too, but I don't think there is any way they are one of the 3 worst teams.

That defense is going to be REALLY...really good. Provided most of their starters stay healthy of course as they have very little depth.

That defense will keep them in and win them a good amount of games.

I see them being a 8-8 team.
    We ran all over their D last year.

Sure, they have arguably the best cornerback tandem in the league, but they had some major issues stopping the run last year. If Landry can stay healthy, they could have a pretty solid D.

That offense is just unable to put points on the board and sustain drives, so their D is going to be out on the field A LOT.

I put the Jets, at best, 6-10 this year. Probably more like 5-11 or even 4-12. The only team that I think is noticeably worse than they are is Jacksonville, Miami, and maybe Arizona.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Haruki didn't get a penalty also for taking off his helmet.
    LOL the refs suck. When I said that I saw Haruki, I basically meant that to. Someone is going to get murdered on the field, possibly with a shank. The inmates run the crazy asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We ran all over their D last year.

Sure, they have arguably the best cornerback tandem in the league, but they had some major issues stopping the run last year. If Landry can stay healthy, they could have a pretty solid D.

That offense is just unable to put points on the board and sustain drives, so their D is going to be out on the field A LOT.

I put the Jets, at best, 6-10 this year. Probably more like 5-11 or even 4-12. The only team that I think is noticeably worse than they are is Jacksonville, Miami, and maybe Arizona.
    No doubt they struggled a bit against the run, but I see an improved defense. Couples and Wilkerson have both been pretty impressive and their NT looks pretty good too. Their DL looks improved.

And Landry is REALLY going to help them in run support (pass defense...not so much). And 13th in the league is not terrible...in fact, it probably was an abnormal year for them against the run.

I don't see any way with that defense that they are that far under .500.

Blog Entries

Did you hear the stat that the last team to go 3 games w/o a TD in preseason ended up leading the league in scoring in the regular season?

I think the Jets will be much better once they start running their offense and put Tebow in for short yardage. Rex said he's not going to show his hand and he hasn't. I just don't believe they're as bad as they've looked in preseason.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Bills cut VY. Can't see anyone picking him up before the first game; maybe if there is an injury.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think they go 5-11. Offense is horrible (Sparano, arguably worst hire they could've made) and defense will get toasted due to their schedule and the fact that they'll have no support from the offense. I never get why everyone is all over Cromartie. He is pretty good, but nothing more. He's been burnt numerous amounts of times. Who are their safeties? Even their kicking situation looks dismal. Mark Sanchez is Kyle Boller 2.0. He just doesn't have "it." They're screwed. Bound for a top ten pick.

Blog Entries

Hey GOTA - Lions just cut Terrance Tolliver.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

LSU receivers are horrible.
    Not sure why GOTA loves em so.

From my SGIII
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

From my SGIII
    Dwayne Bowe? Early Doucet in Arizona has been solid.

Too early to tell for Rueben Randle, but let's just say I was glad the Ravens didn't take him.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the Jets will be much better once they start running their offense and put Tebow in for short yardage. Rex said he's not going to show his hand and he hasn't. I just don't believe they're as bad as they've looked in preseason.
    I agree that they will be better in the regular season, but I don't think their offensive philosophy is good with their division and the NFL in general. The whole wildcat offense is a joke IMO. Brady and company will laugh at it, as they hang 40+ points on them.

Dwayne Bowe? Early Doucet in Arizona has been solid.

Too early to tell for Rueben Randle, but let's just say I was glad the Ravens didn't take him.

Oh I know...I gotta give SEC guys crap about something (even though I am one myself).
    Can't fault them in too many other aspects...

Blog Entries

He's just never healthy. Even when he played it was always at half speed. Guess they just had enough

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

From my SGIII
    When you as many players in the NFL as LSU does every year you're going to get a fair number of misses. Next year though when the Ravens are looking to replace Boldin the first name on my list would be Dwayne Bowe. Bowe and Torrey would be insane together.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Vince Young has said he's getting released once this Tavaris Jackson trade goes through. A lot of posters have been worries about the Ravens backup QB spot. Any interest in VY?
    He Who Dares.....Wins