Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mike Lombardi's Blue Chip/Red Chip List - Offense (Ravens mentioned)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ips-on-offense

Even though he's an arrogant SOB and Steeler fan, I like his columns and insight into the game.

Interesting about the Ravens he lists

Re: Mike Lombardi's Blue Chip/Red Chip List - Offense (Ravens mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ips-on-offense

Even though he's an arrogant SOB and Steeler fan, I like his columns and insight into the game.

Interesting about the Ravens he lists

You can add Lombardi to the Cameron better get his act together list too, last month on NFL Network he said that Cameron and the Ravens have to build the offense around Joe instead of Joe running Cameron's offense his way (Cameron's). Obviously things are changing but I just wanted to bring that up.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    You can add Lombardi to the Cameron better get his act together list too, last month on NFL Network he said that Cameron and the Ravens have to build the offense around Joe instead of Joe running Cameron's offense his way (Cameron's). Obviously things are changing but I just wanted to bring that up.
    Sugar -

I know you're right and its about time. I think Joe is going to be a monster this year. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Sugar -

I know you're right and its about time. I think Joe is going to be a monster this year. I really do.
    It's refreshing to listen to and talk to (twitter) guys like Lombardi, Cosell and Adam Caplan who actually sit down and study the Ravens offense as opposed to jerks like Skip Bayless who just look at stats from a negative viewpoint except when Tebow is concerned.

Blog Entries

I've never liked Lombardi, he is arrogant as already said here. Some of these rankings are laughable, but I do agree with a lot of them.

Marshall Yanda should be a blue chip guard.

Oher as much as I still think hasn't reached his potential yet, should not be a red chip player, or anywhere near it at this stage.

Finally the media love for Matt Ryan is dropping and I'm diggin the note about Joe. Joe's beginning to get more national attention and they are seeing what we see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Finally the media love for Matt Ryan is dropping and I'm diggin the note about Joe. Joe's beginning to get more national attention and they are seeing what we see now.
    Matty Ice isn't everyone's cup of tea anymore at this point, he didn't crack NFL Network's top 100 players list (Joe moved up 16 spots) and he wasn't in the top ten on Ron Jaworski's QB list (Joe was number 9).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Matt Ryan is quickly losing that "next big thing" label. I think the emergence of Aaron Rogers and Matthew Stafford has really made Matt Ryan look like a disappointment. (*Note: I think Ryan is having a very good career but compared to expectations and what the media hailed him as, he's been disappointing).

Meanwhile in the AFC, every QB that the media wanted to hail as the next big thing has failed. Really, Flacco is the only young up and coming QB in the AFC that has shown he could take the next step (I am not considering Andrew Luck right now because he hasn't even played a game).

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    It's refreshing to listen to and talk to (twitter) guys like Lombardi, Cosell and Adam Caplan who actually sit down and study the Ravens offense as opposed to jerks like Skip Bayless who just look at stats from a negative viewpoint except when Tebow is concerned.
    Let's not forget the blockhead on NFLN, Heath Evans.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I don't even know how that moron has a job, worst analyst on the NFLN, totally biased, and wasn't exactly a great player as an average FB/RB, so I don't get why they decided to employ him.

How could I forget about him, I guess the Ravens should forfeit Week 1 since he said that we
    are going to get our butts handed to us by the Bengals. I was laughing at him yesterday on Total Access when he said the Steelers can overcome injuries but he thinks the Ravens have no chance of doing that. Thanks a lot Tony now you've got me all worked up about him again LOL (just kidding).

You forgot Jamie Dukes, the other side of the blockhead twins. I hope they are denied tickets on the bandwagon.