Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Free Agent Thread

Just a glimpse of some potential moves the Ravens could make:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss

QB: Donovan McNabb - He seems to have accepted that he'd be a back up somewhere. He doesn't want to retire. Apparently both Tyrod and Painter stunk when Joe was on paternity leave even though they both received snaps with the starters on offense. Painter looked really bad. If Joe were to get hurt, McNabb could at least provide some form of veteran leadership and knowledge.

IMO:
    On a scale of 1 to 5 of possibility, 1 being not happening and 5 being imminent: 2. I think that they'll probably run with 2 QB's again (Flacco & Tyrod), but they'll have vet guys like McNabb on speed dial just in case.

RB: Cedric Benson - Power back and had back-to-back solid seasons in Cinci without much of a consistent passing game. Could still be a starter for a couple of teams and has garnered some interest from Oakland. If they are unsure about Double A or Pierce, Benson may not be a bad option and he wouldn't be very expensive.

Possibility: 3. I could definitely see them sniffing around some other vet RB's. Not just Benson, but Ryan Grant could be a possibility as well.

WR: The market is pretty bare for WR's right now...Plaxico could be an option, but I think they'd only bring him in if they were really not liking what they've seen from Jacoby Jones, Tandon Doss, and LaQuan Williams. However, it has been reported that the Ravens (so far) have been very impressed with Jacoby's speed and return skills, but have been very disappointed with his hands (he has fumbled some balls on kick/punt returns and has dropped a fair amount of passes).

Possibility: 1. I think they like what they have at receiver right now and I think that we're all going to be surprised by Doss and L. Williams.

TE: This is actually a position where I could definitely see the making a move to bring in a vet TE who is a good blocker and can be a 3rd TE on the roster. There are a couple of guys available (Reggie Kelly, Leonard Pope, Justin Peele, etc) and unless Davon Drew has made some serious strides as a receiver and/or blocker, I don't see them not making a move here later in training camp.

Possibility: 4. Right now they have 2 TE's with any kind of experience and both are more receivers than blockers.

FS/SS: Christian Thompson is a rookie, Emmanuel Cook has been stepping in for Reed right now, but he's more of a ST's guy. Pollard is set in stone and Considine is a good ST's player with experience at both FS and SS. He's a good back up SS. However, there is a possibility that they want to bring in someone to compete with Emmanuel Cook and Christian Thompson for the back up FS role and if Ed Reed does decide to retire, which is HIGHLY unlikely, there would be a potential need for a starter. Jim Leonhard is available as is James Sanders and Deon Grant.

Possibility: 3. I'm sure that they are entirely expecting Reed to be back in the fold come training camp, but if he makes good on his threats there will be a pretty big hole at FS and they would be scouring free agency and the waiver wires for an adequate stop-gap guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent Thread

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is interesting:
    Contract issue(s) looming in 2013: Fictional Baltimore resident Omar Little once said in HBO's "The Wire", "Man, money ain't got no owners, only spenders." The Ravens, who currently have the fifth-lowest amount of committed cash in 2013, could be doing plenty of spending next offseason.
    So, we are going to have some cap space next season. That's great. I am ready to start paying guys and it's not even my money. lol.

Blog Entries

i havent heard anyone mention this but a good fit for McNabb would be the Packers. they dont really have a backup and like many teams (moreso even) they're dead if their starter gets injured but he could step in and be serviceable. Better fit than Baltimore IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The Ravens have no cap space. They're not bringing in anyone

Blog Entries

The Colts decided to keep Freeney and his $12 million cap number. Logic doesn't really apply in Indy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens have no cap space. They're not bringing in anyone
    Ditto. Unless theres a surprise cut were done. I dont see it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If we actually have a good amount of cap room next year, maybe we could actually bring in one or two worth while FA (hoping to sign Flacco and Rice in the process.) Unless the Chiefs ink Dwayne Bowe or trade him this year, he will be a FA in 2013. Mike Wallace is likely a FA next year (unless the Steelers tag him), Malcom Floyd is another interesting FA WR. Quite a few tackles on the market too, like Duane Brown, and Sebastian Vollmer, they stlll haven't been extended.

Can't see us getting anyone until we extend Flacco and hopefully Rice (which at this point I can't see them doing for Rice.)
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 07-12-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Regarding cap space: Money can be moved around. We all were curious on how they were going to re-sign Webb and they managed to not only give him an extension, but Pollard too as well as signing Tony Wragge, Jacoby Jones, Ryan McBean, and Bobby Williams.

Right now they have nothing as far as cap space, but that could all be changed up IF they decide that they'd like to add someone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we actually have a good amount of cap room next year, maybe we could actually bring in one or two worth while FA (hoping to sign Flacco and Rice in the process.) Unless the Chiefs ink Dwayne Bowe or trade him this year, he will be a FA in 2013. Mike Wallace is likely a FA next year (unless the Steelers tag him), Malcom Floyd is another interesting FA WR. Quite a few tackles on the market too, like Duane Brown, and Sebastian Vollmer, they stlll haven't been extended.

Can't see us getting anyone until we extend Flacco and hopefully Rice (which at this point I can't see them doing for Rice.)
    Duane Brown would be awesome. I can't see the Texans not extending him though. He would be pretty excellent and an upgrade over anyone we currently have that can play LT.

No way they try and bring in Mike Wallace though. Pittsburgh will use the franchise tag on him next year, no doubt. They're going to make it difficult for him to go anywhere for a while.

Malcom Floyd? No thanks.

Blog Entries

I would move some guys for Adam Vinatieri.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I would move some guys for Adam Vinatieri.
    Does he have any leg left?

Though as I'm thinking about this I would take Vinatieri over Cundiff as well. Simply because of accuracy and clutch ability. Can't have those clutch misses anymore.

Speaking of kickers though, I'm really liking what I am hearing about Justin Tucker. Apparently he nailed a few 55+ yarders with guys in his face during OTA's and mini camp. Granted, it's not a game-time situation, but still. I'd love for them to find a kicker and groom him.