Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Does he have any leg left?

Though as I'm thinking about this I would take Vinatieri over Cundiff as well. Simply because of accuracy and clutch ability. Can't have those clutch misses anymore.

Speaking of kickers though, I'm really liking what I am hearing about Justin Tucker. Apparently he nailed a few 55+ yarders with guys in his face during OTA's and mini camp. Granted, it's not a game-time situation, but still. I'd love for them to find a kicker and groom him.
    it would be nice, but if we couldnt even stash Steve Hauschka on our PS, I doubt a promising guy like Tucker makes it and im not so sure hes capable of beating Cundiff if only because the team seems set with him.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would move some guys for Adam Vinatieri.
    you don't sign guys for what they have done in the past.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Regarding cap space: Money can be moved around. We all were curious on how they were going to re-sign Webb and they managed to not only give him an extension, but Pollard too as well as signing Tony Wragge, Jacoby Jones, Ryan McBean, and Bobby Williams.

Right now they have nothing as far as cap space, but that could all be changed up IF they decide that they'd like to add someone else.
    I can't see Ozzie restructuring any deals just to bring in the bottom end free agents. If there was a potential impact player cut, for example Freeney, then it's a possibility. No way it happens for McNabb or Benson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't see Ozzie restructuring any deals just to bring in the bottom end free agents. If there was a potential impact player cut, for example Freeney, then it's a possibility. No way it happens for McNabb or Benson
    Boy, what a frenzy that would be if Freeney landed on the open market. I don't think Baltimore would have a shot at him though. The Patriots or a team like Atlanta or Carolina would be all over him in a second.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Interesting possibilities, but I see us basically sitting tight unless the injury bug rears its ugly head.

IIRC we have under $700,000 cap space, and I don't know if that includes allottment for PS (approx $89,000 per slot x 8 slots = $712,000) If PS is not allotted until roster set, then we have nothing at all unless we cut or restructure.
    As it is, I can't see anything until possibly other team's final cuts for gem hunting, I think right now we sail the boat with whomever is on board, with the exception of the Carson-Newman LB possibility.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Boy, what a frenzy that would be if Freeney landed on the open market. I don't think Baltimore would have a shot at him though. The Patriots or a team like Atlanta or Carolina would be all over him in a second.
    You're right. He's the kind of players that is going to draw interest from 20 teams. That's why there have been rumors that the Colts are shopping him. The problem is that his contract is a nightmare and no team is going to want it.

Blog Entries

Duane Brown would be awesome. I can't see the Texans not extending him though. He would be pretty excellent and an upgrade over anyone we currently have that can play LT.

No way they try and bring in Mike Wallace though. Pittsburgh will use the franchise tag on him next year, no doubt. They're going to make it difficult for him to go anywhere for a while.

Malcom Floyd? No thanks.
    Well there is Greg Jennings too, not sure if the Packers would tag him. What is your thoughts on Bowe, are the Chiefs going to get him inked, will they tag him again after all this? I think Bowe will be too pricey for Ozzys liking sadly.

And why down on Floyd? Surely he would seamlessly fit into our system, he wont be that expensive, and he is 6'5, he definitely could be an option IMO. The main problem I have with him is his age, he's like 30 now which isn't that old, but it's always better to get guys young in this day and age.

Blog Entries

What is this I hear about the Titans considering, releasing Kenny Britt? I hear that he got into some trouble recently and also had another surgery.

By the way, has Indianapolis released their K yet?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What is this I hear about the Titans considering, releasing Kenny Britt? I hear that he got into some trouble recently and also had another surgery.

By the way, has Indianapolis released their K yet?
    Britt is a pain in the ass but he still has trade value. If Brandon Marshall could get traded I don't see why Britt would have to be released.

Blog Entries

hes also younger and will likely have more suitors, simply hoping for him to mature vs marshal whos still a head case.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Kenny Britt had another surgery on his OTHER knee and could miss all of training camp...and that's on top of more off-field issues.

Love the talent...can't stand the person.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Kenny Britt had another surgery on his OTHER knee and could miss all of training camp...and that's on top of more off-field issues.

Love the talent...can't stand the person.
    Marshall was healthy. He garnered two second round picks. Britt might not even be ready for the start of the season. What would he garner?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore