Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Conspiracy: The Storms That hit MD/DC/VA 2 weeks ago...

Pulled this pic from The Weather Channel. They knew all about it and it appears they were reporting on it.

590x442_07021433_derecho(2).jpg

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yep.

However, speaking of gubberment-created weather...

Ever heard of HARRP? There are some pretty whacky folks out in Alaska who think that the gubberment's secret HARRP facility is actually creating weather. So much, in fact, that they believe that they impacted the atmosphere enough to create the tsunami that hit India and Katrina on the gulf. Now THAT is some major far-fetched stuff, huh? Haha.

HARRP does exist in Alaska and yes it is a classified facility, but it is an atmospheric research station and that's all they've ever claimed to be. I'm sure there are other missions going on there, but who knows what.
    A storm did not cause the tsunami in India, an earthquake did. Are you claiming HARRP can cause earthquakes as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    A storm did not cause the tsunami in India, an earthquake did. Are you claiming HARRP can cause earthquakes as well?
    :grbac:

No. Absolutely not.

Did you see where I said "there are some pretty whacky folks....so much in fact that THEY believe...now that is some major far-fetched stuff..."

Way to read into something. I may be a skeliever, but the whole HARRP conspiracy theorists are a little too out there for me. The idea that man is, or can, fabricate weather and global environmental shifts is insane IMO.

However, like I said, the facility exists and HARRP is a real thing, but being that it is a secured facility in the middle of Alaska there are surely classified missions going on there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    I've got a different memory of the weather channel reporting that evening. My memory is that when the storm picked up strength in the Ohio Valley, they started reporting that it was packing extremely high and damaging winds.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nope.

Weather folks fuck up forecasts all the time. How many times have you expected snow and didn't get any? Or how many times they only expected a few inches and you ended up getting 2 feet?

And it was indeed a sustained storm, having started in Ft Wayne Indiana. That's where the 91 MPH winds were first recorded. Just a quick look at AccuWeather web site shows they were warning folks throughout the entire episode.
    Yea, the local weather channel out here had no indications or anything. It was very strange when all of a sudden I look outside and the trees are bent over, haha. Everyone I talked to has said the same thing.

I got two severe weather texts hours in advance and saw reports of the storm damage west of us on the news before I went into work at ten that night.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Well, regardless, it was pretty eye opening (to me at least) to see how easily people can be rendered helpless in situations like that. Kind of puts Katrina into perspective when this storm system was a fraction of that one.

You don't think about these types of things I guess until you can't use them. Luckily my place didn't lose power, but we definitely couldn't get cash anywhere and most places in the area couldn't use credit cards at all because of all the networks being down.

Considering all of the news circulating about cyber attacks and potential retaliatory cyber attacks from Iran and other adversaries, it's kind of scary. Makes me consider keeping a stash of $$$ in the house somewhere because I guess you never know.

Keeping a cash stash is a good idea in general.

That's part of our hurricane preparedness here in the gulf region.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Keeping a cash stash is a good idea in general.

That's part of our hurricane preparedness here in the gulf region.
    I bet.

Have you ever watched the TV show "Doomsday Preppers" ? Those guys are pretty outrageous. I guess everyone needs a hobby.

Blog Entries

I bet.

Have you ever watched the TV show "Doomsday Preppers" ? Those guys are pretty outrageous. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
    I want one of those. Not because I believe the world is going to end and I can survive in an underground bunker. But it be cool as hell to have as a man cave... and there is doomsday at my house for about 4-5 days a month when I'd like to get away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I want one of those. Not because I believe the world is going to end and I can survive in an underground bunker. But it be cool as hell to have as a man cave... and there is doomsday at my house for about 4-5 days a month when I'd like to get away.
    :celery

My father in-law and I were talking about the history show "Mountain Men" the other day and we both agreed that there is something that is very desirable about living off the land like that. The idea of being able to kind of just "get away" is appealing from time to time. I'd love to own a cabin or something on a mountain.

Blog Entries

:celery

My father in-law and I were talking about the history show "Mountain Men" the other day and we both agreed that there is something that is very desirable about living off the land like that. The idea of being able to kind of just "get away" is appealing from time to time. I'd love to own a cabin or something on a mountain.
    I would have no problem with that. As long as I was able to have my Directv and Internet :D

There is something compelling about disaster preparedness.

I don't think I'd ever go as far as some of those folks on TV, but right now I do have enough spare food (MRE's), water and cash to last us about a month. I am also having a natural gas whole-house generator installed at the house.