Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Conspiracy: The Storms That hit MD/DC/VA 2 weeks ago...

So, I don't know if any of you guys heard or got some of the storms that hit a few Friday's ago in the DC Metropolitan area, but they were pretty severe and left 10's of thousands of people without power and access to money and cell service for multiple days over a weekend when temps were topping 100 degrees. Emergency Rooms were flooded with heat related injuries and I know for a fact that several women went into early labor as a result of the heat exposure.

Now, I'm not really much of a conspiracy believer (we'll call me a skeliever or skeptical-believer), but this has raised some major red flags with me and some of my colleagues.

#1: This storm was referred to as a "durecho" system, which is essentially a term used to describe a storm system in which the winds are literally all going in 1 direction and the storm is a long system moving in a similar path. The winds were topping out at 80+ miles per hour (class 1 hurricane weather) with standard thunder, lightning, and even had bouts of hail up to 1/4" in diameter.

#2: This storm system hit Harrisonburg, VA nearly 2 hours before it hit Washington DC...yet no warnings were issued on the weather channels or online and up until about 30 min before (I was checking weather.com and wunderground.com) there was just a storm advisory, but nothing to the extent that this was going to do the damage that it did.

#3: This storm knocked out cell towers, power grids, and networks for multiple days. People were camped out in public areas like malls and grocery stores with their entire families because of the temperatures outside and no power at their houses (no AC). No businesses could use credit cards and were only accepting cash, but no ATM's in the immediate area and no banks in the immediate area were able to access people's accounts to retrieve money, so no one had available cash on hand.

#4: Cyber attacks and cyber threats have been a big debating point in the government for the better part of 2 years now and Obama even stated a few months ago to Congress that he was going to authorize a plan to shut down part of an electric grid in New York City to prove the potential for disaster of a cyber attack. Well, this wasnt NYC, but the time frame is right and it just so happens that this posed a pretty good proving point to the potential disaster and devastation for something as simple as a storm system knocking out cell towers, power grids, and banking networks.

Link for NYC Mock Cyber Attack: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...nate-bill.html

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but it's all a little too convenient and I know you guys are all looking at me with my tin foil hat on, but seriously...think about it.

I mean, this storm system literally came out of nowhere and no one was ready for it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Oh come on.

Really?

The storm didn't come out of nowhere.

You really think humans can conjure up a storm? Really?

Blog Entries

Re: Conspiracy: The Storms That hit MD/DC/VA 2 weeks ago...

I think he's saying the lack of warning for the storm is what's skeptical... maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless of the storm, it is interesting to see how reliant we are on technology...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh come on.

Really?

The storm didn't come out of nowhere.

You really think humans can conjure up a storm? Really?

Yea HR...I think the gubberment created a storm system...

I'm not saying that.

What I'm saying is that there are some who feel that the information/storm warnings were purposely withheld from the general public. That's what I'm saying that the storm system came "out of nowhere". I was watching the weather channel all night because there was a storm prediction...and it was on the doppler radar, but it was just listed a thunder/lightning storm...there were no indications or warnings of class-1 hurricane force winds and hail.

People around here thought we were getting a tornado or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think he's saying the lack of warning for the storm is what's skeptical... maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless of the storm, it is interesting to see how reliant we are on technology...
    Yep.

However, speaking of gubberment-created weather...

Ever heard of HARRP? There are some pretty whacky folks out in Alaska who think that the gubberment's secret HARRP facility is actually creating weather. So much, in fact, that they believe that they impacted the atmosphere enough to create the tsunami that hit India and Katrina on the gulf. Now THAT is some major far-fetched stuff, huh? Haha.

HARRP does exist in Alaska and yes it is a classified facility, but it is an atmospheric research station and that's all they've ever claimed to be. I'm sure there are other missions going on there, but who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea HR...I think the gubberment created a storm system...

I'm not saying that.

What I'm saying is that there are some who feel that the information/storm warnings were purposely withheld from the general public. That's what I'm saying that the storm system came "out of nowhere". I was watching the weather channel all night because there was a storm prediction...and it was on the doppler radar, but it was just listed a thunder/lightning storm...there were no indications or warnings of class-1 hurricane force winds and hail.

People around here thought we were getting a tornado or something.
    Glad you clarified, but I still think that tin foil hat is on too tight.

That storm underscores the ability (or lack thereof) of anyone being able to predict the weather. It's all a guess. It's an educated one to be sure, but it's still a guess.

Remember the movie "The Perfect Storm"? Unexpected weather happens. Very often in Texas in fact. The joke here in Houston "If you don't like the weather, wait 20 mins". Last night, we were supposed to get light drizzle all night. We got 2 inches an hour for 6 hours.

Blog Entries

Glad you clarified, but I still think that tin foil hat is on too tight.

That storm underscores the ability (or lack thereof) of anyone being able to predict the weather. It's all a guess. It's an educated one to be sure, but it's still a guess.

Remember the movie "The Perfect Storm"? Unexpected weather happens. Very often in Texas in fact. The joke here in Houston "If you don't like the weather, wait 20 mins". Last night, we were supposed to get light drizzle all night. We got 2 inches an hour for 6 hours.
    Right, but the unique thing about a dorecho storm system is that it doesn't really evolve and gets stronger as it goes along due to the winds and path not deviating too much. This storm hit west virginia and the I-81 corridor of Virginia and Maryland hours before it hit DC and there was literally NOTHING on the weather channel or on weather websites about the severity of the storm until it was literally happening.

Right, but the unique thing about a dorecho storm system is that it doesn't really evolve and gets stronger as it goes along due to the winds and path not deviating too much. This storm hit west virginia and the I-81 corridor of Virginia and Maryland hours before it hit DC and there was literally NOTHING on the weather channel or on weather websites about the severity of the storm until it was literally happening.
    Right. So if there was nothing to report and the storm was 100% unexpected, how can it be some conspiracy via withholding information from the public?

You just said yourself the TV and other weather outlets had no clue it was coming.

Blog Entries

Right. So if there was nothing to report and the storm was 100% unexpected, how can it be some conspiracy via withholding information from the public?

You just said yourself the TV and other weather outlets had no clue it was coming.
    If an eastern bound storm hits a western point with devastating effects and then the eastern points that will most certainly be getting said storm don't warn anyone even though the knowledge is already there that it is a pretty bad storm...doesn't that seem strange to you?

It does to me.

When there is a hurricane in the south atlantic every weather outlet has projections out the yin-yang for weeks before the hurricane even makes landfall. When tornados touch ground (these are obviously impossible to predict) the surrounding areas are put on tornado watch and the weather outlets respond accordingly.

The whole thing is just kind of odd to me, that's all.

Blog Entries

If an eastern bound storm hits a western point with devastating effects and then the eastern points that will most certainly be getting said storm don't warn anyone even though the knowledge is already there that it is a pretty bad storm...doesn't that seem strange to you?

It does to me.

When there is a hurricane in the south atlantic every weather outlet has projections out the yin-yang for weeks before the hurricane even makes landfall. When tornados touch ground (these are obviously impossible to predict) the surrounding areas are put on tornado watch and the weather outlets respond accordingly.

The whole thing is just kind of odd to me, that's all.
    It's either strange or it shows how inept people are and don't follow the warning system in place.

I do have to say though, it is strange that not one weather source got this info out.

I've got a different memory of the weather channel reporting that evening. My memory is that when the storm picked up strength in the Ohio Valley, they started reporting that it was packing extremely high and damaging winds.

Nope.

Weather folks fuck up forecasts all the time. How many times have you expected snow and didn't get any? Or how many times they only expected a few inches and you ended up getting 2 feet?

And it was indeed a sustained storm, having started in Ft Wayne Indiana. That's where the 91 MPH winds were first recorded. Just a quick look at AccuWeather web site shows they were warning folks throughout the entire episode.