Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Conspiracy: The Storms That hit MD/DC/VA 2 weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There is something compelling about disaster preparedness.

I don't think I'd ever go as far as some of those folks on TV, but right now I do have enough spare food (MRE's), water and cash to last us about a month. I am also having a natural gas whole-house generator installed at the house.
    Do you mind if I ask how much that is?

NC (outside of tornado alley) has the most tornado's in the U.S. I thought about one of those for back up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how much that is?

NC (outside of tornado alley) has the most tornado's in the U.S. I thought about one of those for back up.
    Depends on the size of your house and the wattage needed to run everything in your house.

Mine is going to run about $5,500 - $6,000 installed.

http://www.generac.com/Residential/

Blog Entries

Yikes!

I might just go with a regular generator.

Blog Entries

I would have no problem with that. As long as I was able to have my Directv and Internet :D
    See, I wouldn't even care about that. The only reason I would want the internet is just so I could stay in touch with family, but other than that...I'd be ok.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    See, I wouldn't even care about that. The only reason I would want the internet is just so I could stay in touch with family, but other than that...I'd be ok.
    What about Football?

Blog Entries

What about Football?
    I would miss that.

That would be one of the toughest things to give up I think.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Just watched a phenomenal documentary on History channel called "9/11 conspiracy fact/fiction"
    Had a lot of the engineers and editors from popular mechanics work, plus many many more.

Even for someone familiar with popular mechanics work on 9/11, I would highly recommend watching if the opportunity arises.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Just watched a phenomenal documentary on History channel called "9/11 conspiracy fact/fiction"
    Had a lot of the engineers and editors from popular mechanics work, plus many many more.

Even for someone familiar with popular mechanics work on 9/11, I would highly recommend watching if the opportunity arises.
    I've seen it and read the accompanying work in Popular Mechanics.

Those so-called "Truthers" are a menace. Plain and simple. They once claimed that a plane never hit the Pentagon. I have no idea if they are spewing that nonsense still but anyway ....

At that time, I was an internal fraud investigator for Nordstrom and my territory included Pentagon City. The morning of 9/11, that mall was completely evacuated, including our store. All of our employees were rushed out to the parking garage. Because of the layout of that store, many of the associates were ushered out to the top of the garage and then walk down the garage steps. At the time the Penatagon itself was hit, there were about 75 mall and Nordstrom employees on the top of that garage and saw the whole thing.

On 9/12, I got called to that store to assist the FBI in gathering up everyone that worked that day so they could be interviewed. We managed to interview 15 employees that day and to a Man, everyone of them said it was a passenger plane, not a missile as the truthers claim.

I've seen it and read the accompanying work in Popular Mechanics.

Those so-called "Truthers" are a menace. Plain and simple. They once claimed that a plane never hit the Pentagon. I have no idea if they are spewing that nonsense still but anyway ....

At that time, I was an internal fraud investigator for Nordstrom and my territory included Pentagon City. The morning of 9/11, that mall was completely evacuated, including our store. All of our employees were rushed out to the parking garage. Because of the layout of that store, many of the associates were ushered out to the top of the garage and then walk down the garage steps. At the time the Penatagon itself was hit, there were about 75 mall and Nordstrom employees on the top of that garage and saw the whole thing.

On 9/12, I got called to that store to assist the FBI in gathering up everyone that worked that day so they could be interviewed. We managed to interview 15 employees that day and to a Man, everyone of them said it was a passenger plane, not a missile as the truthers claim.
    Very interesting HR, thanks for sharing.

"Menace" really is the only appropriate title at this point. It's a shame really, individuals who let themselves get so carried away with patently false information. The true supporters, as they call themselves, made up their minds long before ever hearing a shred of information. You can see it in their eyes. The real test of someone who is genuinely seeking the truth is facing negative evidence, not just simply compiling supporting evidence for what you already believe to be so.

In some sense I think there's a certain arrogance involved with conspiracy theorists. They have an insatiable inability to cope with the uncontrollable nature of humans and the world in general. The fact that we aren't in control, and that everything doesn't have a perfect plan, or black and white explanation, is a position for uncompromising simpletons unaware of the real nature of things.

One of my favorite lines was at the end when I believe one of the editors, commented on the creators of "Loose Change" saying something to the effect of,

"Any investigate reporter that lays out a bunch of points and then says connect the dots is a charlatan. The entire point of investigative reporting is to connect the dots. Not just create a nebulous of information."
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

So true, Sir.

I once was suckered in to the JFK nonsense. That is, until I stood next to the snipers window at the Sixth Floor Museum.

A simpleton could have made that shot.

I don't think anyone could say they've never atleast considered a conspiracy theory. They're intriguing; fiction is fun. Nothing wrong there. What is wrong is a false sense of security that proceeds a worldview that "explains" things too easily.

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.”

- Mark Twain

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

So true, Sir.

I once was suckered in to the JFK nonsense. That is, until I stood next to the snipers window at the Sixth Floor Museum.

A simpleton could have made that shot.
    You know a lot about guns, and I'm sure are a little familiar with ballistics etc.

How does he get shot in the head from behind and the right and his head goes back and to the left? Makes no sense, in addition to a lot of other things with that whole assassination.