Suggs out of walking boot

Wow, sooner than I would have expected. 10 weeks after surgery and it sounds like things are proceeding well. He might be right about returning in October or November. As long as he doesn't rush it....hurt it....have a setback.
    Good luck TS!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5364966.story
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Re: Suggs out of walking boot

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    Wow, sooner than I would have expected. 10 weeks after surgery and it sounds like things are proceeding well. He might be right about returning in October or November. As long as he doesn't rush it....hurt it....have a setback.
    Good luck TS!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5364966.story
    Wishing him a speedy recovery but this really doesn't say much other than Sugg's continued optimism. Medically is he ahead of schedule? That's the real question.

If he was given the OK to be out of the boot now he is at the very least on schedule. Three months in the boot wouldn't have surprised me at all.
    At this point I share his optimism.
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Blog Entries

This really is good news, because I had a friend who had a similar injury in my rugby team (only partial tear) and was in a boot for 4 months. Now I know he's an NFL star and all that, but this is still good news that he is out of the boot so early. He has also been doing exercises that strengthens his tendon, and I believe the tendon comes back stronger than when it was before the tear, not sure if this is the truth, but if it is, it is certainly encouraging. My main concern is the shape Suggs will be in by November, or whenever he comes back. Will he keep him self in shape? We know that Suggs has never been a real workout warrior, so him coming back to his 2009 form or worse is the main worry I have.

Blog Entries

I wore a boot and they don't take it off til you're ready or there's
    an infection and bleeding as in my ankle.

It's very uncomfortable and weird walking in it but Suggs must
    be way ahead of schedule. Maybe he will play this year.

I severely doubt Suggs is even close to his old form, if he makes it back this season.

But I still hope he at least makes it back, and gets some reps on the bum wheel, so he's more comfortable for the start of the 2013 season.