Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,179
    Blog Entries
    2

    Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.



    eFootball.JPG
    Norman Sas, inventor of electric football, dead at 87. You made my childhood happier, Norman. RIP.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    eFootball.JPG
    Norman Sas, inventor of electric football, dead at 87. You made my childhood happier, Norman. RIP.
    I had the Colts and Chiefs. RIP Mr. Sas.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    I had Broncos/Cowboys. Pretty much a useless toy that I couldn't figure out, but played the hell out of it.




  4. #4

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    He must have invented the game when he was pretty young. The first one I remember was 1965. Maybe he was inspired by the Beach Boys. You know - "Gotta keep those good vi- vibrations ahappenin' with her!"

    As for the passing attack: The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch. You stuck the ball under the players arm and then you turned the machine on.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    He must have invented the game when he was pretty young. The first one I remember was 1965. Maybe he was inspired by the Beach Boys. You know - "Gotta keep those good vi- vibrations ahappenin' with her!"

    As for the passing attack: The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch. You stuck the ball under the players arm and then you turned the machine on.
    That is how we played it too. Although the QB arm wasn't really on a spring, it was flexible enough to fling the little football.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,179
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    The set we had had a QB with an arm on a spring. You cocked that felt FB back and if you could hit any player it was ruled a catch.
    Yep. I seem to remember that passes mostly hit wildly off the far wall. You could kinda sorta kick (I think it was the same guy who was the passer?).




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yep. I seem to remember that passes mostly hit wildly off the far wall. You could kinda sorta kick (I think it was the same guy who was the passer?).
    Yes it was the same guy AND he was 12 foot tall compared to the others.

    The ball flew so fast, there were always arguments whether it actually hit a player or not.

    I had the Colts and the Vikings.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,342
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mr. Sas, sorry you passed before the world could figure out how to throw a pass with that tiny felt football.

    I always ran 'student body left/right/middle' by mushing everyone together with the ballcarrier in the middle. crappy game but I spent hours on it too.

    RIP
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland