Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclusive Game Audio

How cool would this be? I think it would be awesome if you can find a way to drown out the crowd noise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stadiums-full/

Blog Entries

Re: Exclusive Game Audio

The reason they're exploring this is because game attendance has been down for five consecutive years and they're trying to get people to go to the stadiums.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...707417526.html

With declines in ticket sales each of the past five years, average game attendance is down 4.5% since 2007, while broadcast and online viewership is soaring. The NFL is worried that its couch-potato options—both on television and on mobile devices—have become good enough that many fans don't see the point of attending an actual game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

In hopes that professional football can mimic the wild stadium atmosphere typical of college football games, the NFL says it has "liberalized" its restraints on crowd noise. Stadiums will now be free to rile up crowds with video displays, and public-address announcers will no longer be restrained from inciting racket when the opposing offense faces a crucial third down.
    Well, this should make the games a little bit more fun.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

At the end of the article though, Florio states the reality...Coaches will not let anything of relevance be said over Audio Feed which could be heard by an opposing team. I Can't see any real work-around for that problem.

In terms of game attendance, I think Florio brought up the real issue a few days ago on PFT; the live experience is too damn expensive. Instead of adding these little things to the stadium experience while keeping prices exorbitant, the Owners need to bite the bullet and realize they charge too much at the stadium when compared to TV or Online viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The reason they're exploring this is because game attendance has been down for five consecutive years and they're trying to get people to go to the stadiums.

I didn't read the article but is it mentioned in there how much of decline is attributed to small market teams because there are tons of teams that literally sell out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I didn't read the article but is it mentioned in there how much of decline is attributed to small market teams because there are tons of teams that literally sell out.
    on that link I posted you can see an interactive 'spreadsheet' that shows each team, stadium capacity, average attendance, etc. Ravens are near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    In terms of game attendance, I think Florio brought up the real issue a few days ago on PFT; the live experience is too damn expensive. Instead of adding these little things to the stadium experience while keeping prices exorbitant, the Owners need to bite the bullet and realize they charge too much at the stadium when compared to TV or Online viewing.
    Bingo!

I keep going to all game because I am a fuckin' Zombie. Entranced by the stadium experience. If I had any economic sense, I would unload all my PSLs to attend a few game per season, saving a large sum of $$$.

The "extras'" being touted by the NFL are just plain fuckin' stupid. I could care less about wi-fi, audio feeds, watching the same video feeds as refs, etc. Give me some pricing relief, or I will join the "coach potato" crowd! (Not really, but it sounds like good threat!)
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Bingo!

I keep going to all game because I am a fuckin' Zombie. Entranced by the stadium experience. If I had any economic sense, I would unload all my PSLs to attend a few game per season, saving a large sum of $$$.

The "extras'" being touted by the NFL are just plain fuckin' stupid. I could care less about wi-fi, audio feeds, watching the same video feeds as refs, etc. Give me some pricing relief, or I will join the "coach potato" crowd! (Not really, but it sounds like good threat!)
    The ironic thing for the Owners PR blitz is that all those "amenities" are already available on broadcasts for the couch potato crowd.

But for the Ravens, I think, it's largely irrelevant because the team is consistently good and the game day party is satisfying enough that people are willing to pay.

Either way, the NFL essentially prints money with its TV Deal to the point that Stadium receipts are not the lifeblood of a franchise such as they once were...Hence the Price Gouging to Maximize Profit and to drain as much as possible from the people still willing to attend in person.

Blog Entries
    To rub salt in the wound, I just got a letter from DirecTV saying the price is going down for Sunday ticket and redzone.

No shirt, no shoes, great service ;)

just took a quick look at that chart, but how for a lot of teams is average attendance greater than capacity, that just cant be. that means theyve sold more tickets every week than theyve got seats? Us included
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    just took a quick look at that chart, but how for a lot of teams is average attendance greater than capacity, that just cant be. that means theyve sold more tickets every week than theyve got seats? Us included
    there's a note below the spreadsheet which seems to indicate that teams can sell more tickets than they have seats. I know I've always wondered when I hear that the Ravens have 'another record attendance'. How can they keep breaking their old attendance record when they haven't expanded the stadium?

Source: STATS LLC.
    *Figures pass 100% when stadium attendance exceeds capacity

Bullshit. Just lower ticket prices. Watch attendance figures rise.