Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will Sizzle and Haloti end their careers as HOFers?

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Suggs needs a couple more seasons like last season, and it probably would not hurt to have a huge year after Ray Lewis has retired. There is also a lot of competition in the pass rushing outside linebacker category that could make it difficult to stand out.

Ngata needs time and health and he will be in the Hall. He is dominant in his position and most recognize him as one of the best defensive player in the league even if his position does not allow him to translate that into stats all the time.
    I'd agree with that before last season. He disappeared during the 2nd half of the season. Could have been due to injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'd agree with that before last season. He disappeared during the 2nd half of the season. Could have been due to injury.
    More like the last two games and play offs (although he had a great game against the Texans) I think that's going a bit too far.

If Suggs gets a Super Bowl win (or a 2nd DPOY award) during his career, I think that cements it for him.

I think Ngata needs to string together a few healthy seasons. He needs to either win a DPOY award, or be significantly involved in the discussion for several, and of course the Super Bowl ring would help his case a great deal as well.

HOF voters love a champion.