Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IN YOUR OPINION: Who is the most underrated Raven?

Pernell McPhee?

Sam Koch?

Jameel McClain?

Lardarius Webb?

Bernard Pollard?

Who?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: IN YOUR OPINION: Who is the most underrated Raven?

Joe Flacco! Just sayin...:D Many fans around the league (including some of our own) still do not respect him.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Id have to go Flacco, but Webb is certainly in the discussion. To me Flacco is a top 10 QB right now with a system that doesnt allow his stats to "prove" it, as well as other factors (line, wrs, etc.). Webb i think is arguably more so because i think hes a top 5 DB right now and hasnt really gotten much credit, but he does need to repeat his success for that title after one good year vs Flaccos 2-3.
    -JAB

Ah JJ, I can't pick you anymore.

Flacco for me, not much respect league wide
    Or in the gameday threads here often. I still remember the calls to bench him and put in Marc Bulger, wasn't that long ago

Not after 4 playoff appearances and multiple playoff wins
    Will it take 8 years? Maybe

Or maybe he won't get recognized until we win the big one.
    Loosely thinking of Eli Manning here

Blog Entries

Webb, no question.

for the past 12 months it's been cary williams imo

Blog Entries

JOE FLACCO

Take away about 7 drops in the divisional game against the Colts in '09, the Boldin/Housh drops in the '10 divisional against the Steelers, or the Evans choke job in the '11 AFCCG against the Patriots, and Flacco would be widely regarded in the same class as Eli and Ben. But unfortunately, countless radio callers, msg board geniuses and national hacks (i mean sportswriters) would have you believe he is a middle of the road QB. LOL at that poo poo bullcrap.

Flacco has achieved success that a very few QB's have at his age. And the heartbreaking part for all the Troy Smith lovers (where are they hiding these days???) is that Joe is only going to get better. IMO, he is about 2 months away from grabbing the raven by the wings and making this HIS team.

The next 6-7 years of Ravens football are going to be tons-a-fun to watch, and the main reason will be because of our strong armed veteran franchise QB.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 07-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but there is no way Flacco is underrated anymore, especially amongst Ravens fans. I'd say probably one of the most underrated players around the league though, and defitnely the most unfairly scrutinised QB around the league. But he was even rated among one of the best QB's by the players in the top 100.

For me it's Jameel McClain. The dude isn't a pro bowl LB, but he gets the job done and doesn't make mistakes. He racked up around 80 tackles in 2011, and had a pretty solid season in 2010 too. If he carries on doing what he's doing, and maybe even improves, you could end up putting him in the same bracket as Jarret Johnson, and Jamie Sharper.

Also remember that HUGE play he made against Arizona? He intercepted a pass, which essentially saved us another loss to a mediocre team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    for the past 12 months it's been cary williams imo
    thats actually not a bad choice at all. same deal as flacco, a lot of Ravens fans dont even respect what he brings. Id definitely say hes underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm sorry, but there is no way Flacco is underrated anymore, especially amongst Ravens fans. I'd say probably one of the most underrated players around the league though, and defitnely the most unfairly scrutinised QB around the league. But he was even rated among one of the best QB's by the players in the top 100.

For me it's Jameel McClain. The dude isn't a pro bowl LB, but he gets the job done and doesn't make mistakes. He racked up around 80 tackles in 2011, and had a pretty solid season in 2010 too. If he carries on doing what he's doing, and maybe even improves, you could end up putting him in the same bracket as Jarret Johnson, and Jamie Sharper.

Also remember that HUGE play he made against Arizona? He intercepted a pass, which essentially saved us another loss to a mediocre team.
    I personally still hear too much on this board let alone media that says Flacco is garbage for me to not feel hes underrated a little but i agree i think amongst players hes more respected.

McClain im mixed on, he is very good at his assignments but he isnt special either. I get why you would say hes underrated, but maybe its more under appreciated as i dont think hes rated very poorly. I dont think hes that much better of a player than your average ILB, maybe slightly, but he also doesnt screw up that much. hes one of the more consistent players on the team. much like a jarret johnson like you suggest.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 07-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    McClain im mixed on, he is very good at his assignments but he isnt special either. I get why you would say hes underrated, but maybe its more under appreciated as i dont think hes rated very poorly. I dont think hes that much better of a player than your average ILB, maybe slightly, but he also doesnt screw up that much. hes one of the more consistent players on the team. much like a jarret johnson like you suggest.
    You also have to remember that this is McClains third season going in as a full time starter at ILB. He has been every bit as good and if not better than Rey Mualuaga for example, who was a high second round pick back in 09. For an UDRFA OLB he has been a lot better than a lot expected, I'd say he's a slightly above average ILB at this point as you say, but he has the potential to get better too.

Ray Rice and it isn't close, if we are talking amongst Raven fans.

Blog Entries

No one ever talks about Punters unless they stink. Sam Koch has been awesome since he was drafted. Ozzie who never pays for this position broke his own rule when it came to Koch because he knows just how good he is. To be underrated you have to be an afterthought barely ever mentioned despite being a top performer. That's what Sam Koch is.