Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I hate it when ESPN only let's you see the whole list unless you pay for their insider service. I would like to see the whole list just to see who is above him and how far above him. .
    I have insider but for the life of me I can't find a link with the list. I've done searches on ESPN and google but they take me to partial articles, usually by James Walker. Find a link?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Sounds like
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Eli Manning
    ?can't find six
    Phillip Rivers
    Jay Cutler
    Joe Flacco
    Tony Romo

There's the top ten

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree and what's funny is this is the only stat that most players care about. Does anyone think Eli Manning is hanging his head in shame because Tony Romo has better stats? Fuck no. Eli has 2 rings and is putting together a potential HOF resume while Romo will be an afterthought in the next 10 years from most fans who aren't die hard Cowboys fans.
    Players care about the stats. You'd hope that winning is the most important. I think the fact that so many records are broken in meaningless situations are proof positive that stats matter to the players, even the great ones who proclaim that winning is all that matters. Didn't Brees break Marino's record on a meaningless pass in a blowout win over the Colts? Tom Brady's 50th td pass on the season and Moss's record breaking td catch back in 07, came in a game where the Pats had nothing of value to play for.

And LT proclaiming that he'd rather be a Hall of Famer than a champion really has me questioning players motives. I know he's not the only one that feels that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I hate it when ESPN only let's you see the whole list unless you pay for their insider service. I would like to see the whole list just to see who is above him and how far above him. The way he has played, especially against Tom Brady and the Patriots last AFC Championship game, has continually improved. Sure he doesn't have the sickest stats in the NFL, but the Ravens are a balanced to run first offense and even Peyton Manning wouldn't have Manning like stats in this sort of an offensive scheme. I know Aaron Rodgers is probably #1, Tom Brady and Drew Brees are #2 and #3 in whatever order, Eli Manning has got to be above Joe just because of the Super Bowl victory this year, Philip Rivers always tops these lists (why I don't know, judging by the Chargers playoff record), Peyton Manning even though he didn't play in 2011, then there has to be one more before Ben Roethlisberger. Ben should be tied with Joe only because, as much a Steelers fans love him, his stats are really not all that better than Flacco's, outside of the Super Bowls won mainly on the shoulders of the Steelers D. So the list should be:

1) Aaron Rodgers
    2) Tom Brady?
    3) Drew Brees?
    4) Eli Manning?
    5) Philip Rivers?
    6) Peyton Manning?
    7) ?
    8) Ben Roethlisberger?

That is some pretty good company, no one should be complaining about where Flacco falls on this list.

And for the Couch Potato, You forgot to figure in the dropped passes in critical situations (which falls on the Ravens WRs and not the QB) into your little tyraid on Joe's abilities.
    Cutler was number 8. Ben was number 7.

5. Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

Pers only care about stats in how much $$$$ they get for certain stats. Other than that, its about winning. Certain players (Hainseworth, Moss, Pacman Jones, etc) care more about money and themselves- they don't last long.

LT saying that he would rather be in HoF is a makeup for never getting a Ring...more BS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Players care about the stats. You'd hope that winning is the most important. I think the fact that so many records are broken in meaningless situations are proof positive that stats matter to the players, even the great ones who proclaim that winning is all that matters. Didn't Brees break Marino's record on a meaningless pass in a blowout win over the Colts? Tom Brady's 50th td pass on the season and Moss's record breaking td catch back in 07, came in a game where the Pats had nothing of value to play for.

And LT proclaiming that he'd rather be a Hall of Famer than a champion really has me questioning players motives. I know he's not the only one that feels that way.
    Probably not, but if you were to ask Joe point blank with no cameras right now if he'd rather throw for 5,000 yards in a single season or win a SB, but not in the same season, guess which one he'd probably say? I also said most players, not all, because I do believe that most players would rather win a SB than have ridiculous stats. Of course both would be optimal, but obviously it rarely happens that way.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
    Pers only care about stats in how much $$$$ they get for certain stats. Other than that, its about winning. Certain players (Hainseworth, Moss, Pacman Jones, etc) care more about money and themselves- they don't last long.

LT saying that he would rather be in HoF is a makeup for never getting a Ring...more BS
    I definitely agree with those sentiments.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

These 'stat' websites get on my nerves. Anytime you judge a play involving a CB the caliber of Darelle Revis the same as a play involving a CB the caliber of Frank Walker...........then, try to accumulate them to declare success, failure or success rate..............

Joe, in general, had success throwing against the blitz. He had success recognizing it and getting the ball out. However, one particular blitz that Joe struggled with was the safety blitz, off the edge, mainly from his blindside. He has since improved, but can further improve in that area, along with holding onto the football in the pocket.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure almost every starting Raven would rather win a SB than have a statistically awesome season, even AnQuan Boldin. I agree that a large portion of the league would rather the latter, but you just get the feeling that our guys put winning first.

Terrell Suggs was pissed when Cundiff missed that FG, you could see it in his face, then when he was presented with the DPOY he seemed like he couldn't care less.

I think Bryant McKinnie would definitely rather have a pro bowl season at LT than win a SB with us, so he could pick up a big pay check to sign with whatever team it may be in 2013. Ed Reed I'm not so sure about, and maybe Kruger would rather have a 10 + sack season with him being in the last year of his contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm pretty sure almost every starting Raven would rather win a SB than have a statistically awesome season, even AnQuan Boldin. I agree that a large portion of the league would rather the latter, but you just get the feeling that our guys put winning first.

Terrell Suggs was pissed when Cundiff missed that FG, you could see it in his face, then when he was presented with the DPOY he seemed like he couldn't care less.

I think Bryant McKinnie would definitely rather have a pro bowl season at LT than win a SB with us, so he could pick up a big pay check to sign with whatever team it may be in 2013. Ed Reed I'm not so sure about, and maybe Kruger would rather have a 10 + sack season with him being in the last year of his contract.
    When Evans had the ball in his hands, Suggs was already jumping up and down and someone had to tell him that Evans dropped it. He just kept repeating that to himself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When Evans had the ball in his hands, Suggs was already jumping up and down and someone had to tell him that Evans dropped it. He just kept repeating that to himself.
    He and me both. The way Evans moved and the angle I thought it was over. Had to wait to the replay to see the drop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He and me both. The way Evans moved and the angle I thought it was over. Had to wait to the replay to see the drop.
    Every WR/TE/coach, worth their medal immediately knew what happened. They all said the same thing after the game. Evans relaxed. Dennis Green, Shannon Sharpe and Chris Carter all said the same thing.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 07-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.