Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

Give Flacco Wayne and Harrison in their heyday, or the Saints receiving core, or...... AND that type of pass first system and I'd love to see what his stats would look like.

Wanna really compare stats, compare his to McNair's career wise, now I know Steve was on the tailend of his career but still. He was considered a top 10 QB in his day.

#9 is about right.

With Cutler coming in at #8, only SB winning QBs + Phillip Rivers stand between Joe and the top slot. Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Flacco can make throws other "top" or "elite" qbs cant.
    lol...yeah, and kyle boller could throw it through the uprights from 50yds out on a knee, lets see a superbowl mvp qb do that!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    lol...yeah, and kyle boller could throw it through the uprights from 50yds out on a knee, lets see a superbowl mvp qb do that!
    Boller wasnt half the QB flacco is, his mental side and accuracy was non existent, whether he could throw hard or not. I dont think arm strength makes or breaks a qb, but when you have two identical QBs in every other aspect, the one with the stronger arm is going to be a better player in that scenario.
    -JAB

Would everybody please stop quoting "sgtcouchpotato," who seems to prefer the unpopular side of sensitive message board subjects and can't/won't ever deal with actual facts and communicates mostly with points that are (a) irrelelvant or (b) exaggerations. There's a word for message board posters who exhibit that behavior.

Please. Stop with the quotes.

Thank you.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

poster states flacco makes throws that brady,brees,manning,rodgers can't make...and you say i'm making exaggerations? really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There aren't many QBs who can make the throws that he can make. There aren't many QBs that can withstand the hits that he withstands, especially in this division. There aren't many QBs who show the resiliency that he shows, late in games, despite being in an environment that is non-conducive to developing QBs.

If I had to rank them, there are six that you could arrange as you wish: Brady, Brees, Manning, Manning, Rodgers and Roethlisberger. Then, you have Rivers, who I could put ahead of Flacco. I would probably put Flacco ahead of Cutler, but I can see the argument.
    Because IMO one of the things he needs to work on is pocket presence and feeling the pressure. He takes too many sacks/whacks. When he gets rid of the ball, he's amonst the top 10 in the league for sure. I'd like to see him scramble and/or get rid of it, even out of bounds, a little more often.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Because IMO one of the things he needs to work on is pocket presence and feeling the pressure. He takes too many sacks/whacks. When he gets rid of the ball, he's amonst the top 10 in the league for sure. I'd like to see him scramble and/or get rid of it, even out of bounds, a little more often.
    agree 100%

i believe only blaine gabbert and matt moore put the ball on the turf more than flacco this past year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    certainly one of those things that he has improved and can continue to, but in this system itll never be good. Long routes take time and lines can only protect so long, especially ours. Id like to see him do more roll outs as well, kind of like Shanahan used to do with Plummer and cutler just not as often.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    pardon me if as a football fan im critical of my favorite team and don't wear purple glasses like others on here..

flacco's career in the playoffs 8tds 8 ints...

he has been better in the playoffs the last 2 season... throwing 7 tds and only 2 ints...but in those 4 playoffs games over the past two seasons he's also put the ball on the turf 4 times....

has he had clutch moments in big games? sure.. has he had as many, (if not more) turnovers in big games? yes..
    How many games has he won in the regular season? How many games has he won in the post-season? How many times has he gone up against one of the best defenses in the NFL year after year? If we are seriously debating if Flacco is better than Romo, I question how closely you follow the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Would everybody please stop quoting "sgtcouchpotato," who seems to prefer the unpopular side of sensitive message board subjects and can't/won't ever deal with actual facts and communicates mostly with points that are (a) irrelelvant or (b) exaggerations. There's a word for message board posters who exhibit that behavior.

Please. Stop with the quotes.

Thank you.
    And I just read this after I quoted him... my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    #9 is about right.

With Cutler coming in at #8, only SB winning QBs + Phillip Rivers stand between Joe and the top slot. Not bad at all.
    Honestly, top 10 is a perfect rating for Joe. Definitely has the strongest arm in the NFL. Can make all the throws. Has had a great record in the playoffs. Has had a great record during the regular season. Elite stats? I think we can all say no, but he is improving and is in a run-first offense.