Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

Quote Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
    The rankings are subjective to everyone's opinion and what they use to weight their rankings: stats, 'clutch', wins, etc....

as someone else pointed out, where was Dilfer ranked in the spring of 2000?

Stats are for people who want to make a selective argument. IMO the only stat that matters is 'wins' and did the the QB factor into the win?

QBR from ESPN was a much better measurement of the QB's performance than QB Ratings- thats pure passing and decietful.

RE: arm strength- go back and reaad what Jaws said about Matt Ryan and his inability to throw through the 30mph swirling winds vs the Giants in the playoffs. Flacco makes those throws- Matty Spliced together can't.

I'll take Joe.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Too bad Joe can't block all of those blitzers consistently too, huh?

There are 10 other guys on the offensive side of the ball...just saying...
    Joe couldn't do anything against Benard Pollard that one time in 2010 because Pollard teleported behind 10 other players lol.

The rankings are subjective to everyone's opinion and what they use to weight their rankings: stats, 'clutch', wins, etc....

as someone else pointed out, where was Dilfer ranked in the spring of 2000?

Stats are for people who want to make a selective argument. IMO the only stat that matters is 'wins' and did the the QB factor into the win?

QBR from ESPN was a much better measurement of the QB's performance than QB Ratings- thats pure passing and decietful.

RE: arm strength- go back and reaad what Jaws said about Matt Ryan and his inability to throw through the 30mph swirling winds vs the Giants in the playoffs. Flacco makes those throws- Matty Spliced together can't.

I'll take Joe.
    I thought espn's QBR hated Flacco. And that stat is too subjective anyway. The normal passer rating is already good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Actually there are 14 QB's that were sacked more than Flacco (31). The names include 3 in the top 10 Brady (32), Rodgers (36), and Roethlisberger (40). He just needs to learn how to tuck that ball better when he's going to get hit, as he has at least 2 more fumbles than anyone in the top 10.
    Brady had more passing attempts (611 vs. 542), so one more sack necessarily doesn't mean he was pressured more than Flacco.

Less fumbling would be good.
    Al

5. Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    I thought espn's QBR hated Flacco. And that stat is too subjective anyway. The normal passer rating is already good enough.
    Too subjective?

Joe was at 15th for the season in QBR

But again, I say the only true measuremnt is Wins......

Blog Entries

Joe couldn't do anything against Benard Pollard that one time in 2010 because Pollard teleported behind 10 other players lol.
    Pollard wasn't the first guy to magically appear in the backfield untouched...it's been a problem with this OL for years now.

Blog Entries

Too subjective?

Joe was at 15th for the season in QBR

But again, I say the only true measuremnt is Wins......
    I agree and what's funny is this is the only stat that most players care about. Does anyone think Eli Manning is hanging his head in shame because Tony Romo has better stats? Fuck no. Eli has 2 rings and is putting together a potential HOF resume while Romo will be an afterthought in the next 10 years from most fans who aren't die hard Cowboys fans.

8. Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

I agree and what's funny is this is the only stat that most players care about. Does anyone think Eli Manning is hanging his head in shame because Tony Romo has better stats? Fuck no. Eli has 2 rings and is putting together a potential HOF resume while Romo will be an afterthought in the next 10 years from most fans who aren't die hard Cowboys fans.
    Thats my point- one can use any "sabre metric" stats from an abundance of sources (PFF< PFR<FO<ESPN,etc) that pick apart every play (I am surprised that they don't pick apart every millisecond that the ball is in the air on every pass), every step on a handoff, every pre-snap read, every warmup throw. Enough already.

Ryan, Romo, Stafford, Rivers- all have stats out the ass, yards/tds up the wazzoo but Joe has something they don't: Playoff Success

And most die-hard cowboy fans will WISH they could forget abotu Tony romo ten years from now. He has wasted soem great taelnt in Big D the last decade.

Thats my point- one can use any "sabre metric" stats from an abundance of sources (PFF< PFR<FO<ESPN,etc) that pick apart every play (I am surprised that they don't pick apart every millisecond that the ball is in the air on every pass), every step on a handoff, every pre-snap read, every warmup throw. Enough already.

Ryan, Romo, Stafford, Rivers- all have stats out the ass, yards/tds up the wazzoo but Joe has something they don't: Playoff Success
    The Ravens use advanced statistics and won one superbowl. Those "sabermetrics" didn't help.

11. Re: Flacco 9th on Jaws QB lists

The Ravens use advanced statistics and won one superbowl. Those "sabermetrics" didn't help.
    Help me here- I read your post 10 times and still can't figure out what you meant.

Help me here- I read your post 10 times and still can't figure out what you meant.
    Me either.

Sabermetrics IS an advanced statistics system. And how does one know the Ravens use it? It's application in football is still in the infant stages. It's doubtful any pro teams uses such a system, or even a portion of it.