NFL YEARBOOK: 2011 Baltimore Ravens

Did anyone else happen to catch the show. I thought it was very good. Im so mad the season ended the way it did. They showed the missed field goal and I found myself stll hoping that it went in. It seems like every yr our playoff losses get harder and harder. For me this had to be the worst.
    Anyway what did y'all think of the show?

Re: NFL YEARBOOK: 2011 Baltimore Ravens

Just to let everyone know espn2 will be re-airing nfl yearbook tonight at 11pm. So set your dvr. And let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

Thanx for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by He/Ate/the/Box View Post
    Just to let everyone know espn2 will be re-airing nfl yearbook tonight at 11pm. So set your dvr. And let me know what you think.
    I thought it was pretty good.
    They replayed Evans dropped pass from the endzone, behind him, the pass was absolutely perfect. Flacco threaded that ball right over the defender's helmet and right into Evans hands and stomach.

Evans eased up as he was catching the ball and was on his way to standing straight up and turning his head away, instead of looking the catch in and wrapping himself around the most important pass that has come his way in his life. The ball represented the super bowl.
    He simply did not catch it like a veteran who realized what it was.
    It made me sick to watch it and I simply turned off the tv after that replay.
    I was not going to watch the missed FG. It should have never come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I thought it was pretty good.
    They replayed Evans dropped pass from the endzone, behind him, the pass was absolutely perfect. Flacco threaded that ball right over the defender's helmet and right into Evans hands and stomach.

Evans eased up as he was catching the ball and was on his way to standing straight up and turning his head away, instead of looking the catch in and wrapping himself around the most important pass that has come his way in his life. The ball represented the super bowl.
    He simply did not catch it like a veteran who realized what it was.
    It made me sick to watch it and I simply turned off the tv after that replay.
    I was not going to watch the missed FG. It should have never come to that.
    +1

After rewatching 'The Drop' 100x too many at all the different camera angles...Evans is a bigger goat than Cundiff IMHO. I will strongly argue with anyone that wants to call that a 'Strip', meaning the main reason for the ball the hitting ground was due to a good play by the defender Moore. That is flat out wrong. If you receive a perfect pass in your hands and manage to get 1 and 3/4 feet down before a defender hits your arms, then its all on you. You simply dropped it. That was plenty of time for Evans to perform the 2nd critical step in making a reception... Secure the ball.

I guess we share in anguish level that Cleveland has with 'The Fumble'...Earnest should have protected that ball better, just like Lee. Similarly, Earnest and Lee are good dudes, so it makes it a little more painful that they caused their teams heartbreaking demise. Actually, I'll argue that Lee's failing was worse b/c that would have put us in the SB... Earnest's TD would have only tied up the game. Of course the Ravens game won't ever be known simply as 'The Drop'/'The Strip' (incorrectly coined) or even 'Wide Left' b/c it was only the Baltimore Ravens and not the beloved NFL darling Cleveland Browns.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 07-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    +1

After rewatching 'The Drop' 100x too many at all the different camera angles...Evans is a bigger goat than Cundiff IMHO. I will strongly argue with anyone that wants to call that a 'Strip', meaning the main reason for the ball the hitting ground was due to a good play by the defender Moore. That is flat out wrong. If you receive a perfect pass in your hands and manage to get 1 and 3/4 feet down before a defender hits your arms, then its all on you. You simply dropped it. That was plenty of time for Evans to perform the 2nd critical step in making a reception... Secure the ball.

I guess we share in anguish level that Cleveland has with 'The Fumble'...Earnest should have protected that ball better, just like Lee. Similarly, Earnest and Lee are good dudes, so it makes it a little more painful that they caused their teams heartbreaking demise. Actually, I'll argue that Lee's failing was worse b/c that would have put us in the SB... Earnest's TD would have only tied up the game. Of course the Ravens game won't ever be known simply as 'The Drop'/'The Strip' (incorrectly coined) or even 'Wide Left' b/c it was only the Baltimore Ravens and not the beloved NFL darling Cleveland Browns.
    All I know for sure is this...many many Raven fans are still VERY VERY sick from that play.
    If it had been a great defensive play, ok, we all can live with that.
    But not where a player lets his guard down, and that is what I see when I see the replay.
    The most important pass coming his way in his life and that is how he reacted.
    That is what bothers me still.

7. Re: NFL YEARBOOK: 2011 Baltimore Ravens

Ive just come to realize the past 3-4 years we should have went that the nfl is paid off and for publicity. no way the patriots should have went, and the Giants wouldnt be champs we would. Clearly out played them in afc championship game, just came down to alot of BS. Like Bouldin fumbling ball and it rolling out of bounds passes the first down mark which should be first and 10. but they kept it 3rd and 4. then evans catch looked to be enough to be a td before it was knocked out. then a guy that kicks balls in the 3rd row of the stands on kickoff and makes 50-60 yard fgs misses a 30 some.

I have it on DVR and have trouble watching the end. I swear football is slowly killing me.