I tried skimming through all the responses -- maybe this point has already been made and I missed it. But isn't their a logical flaw in the original question asked in this thread?

Flacco is already playing at a relatively high level, albeit with some inconsistencies. If he starts consistently putting up solid numbers game in, game out, then you have to believe the offense will be really clicking. I can't imagine a season where we all agree that the quarterback has played great, but the offense sputtered.

If better QB play = better offensive production, then it's hard to imagine how better offensive production = fired offensive coordinator.

I understand that the original thought behind the question was that Caldwell would get the credit for getting an extra 10% out of Joe that Cam never got, but I just can't picture how that leads to leapfrogging the QB coach over the coordinator of a successful offense.

If anything, I'd be more likely to believe that Joe struggling, and the offense never clicking, would be the cause of Cam losing his job. And then I could see them thinking, hey, it wasn't Caldwell's fault. He and Joe have a good relationship. Let's just elevate Jim to the coordinator's job.

In short, upper management doesn't get fired when middle management performs well.