Blog Entries

Torrey Smith describes what happened on the last drive in Pittsburgh.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-...on-vs-Steelers

This video sheds some light on one of the reasons why the connection between he and Flacco was off. What Torrey describes in the video is something that happened several times, during the season, by Torrey's own admission elsewhere. Then, of course, there were times when Flacco was simply late with the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith describes what happened on the last drive in Pittsburgh.

"I saw Flaccos helmet.. and I thought he was going to scramble."

Just goes to show his lack of experience here. You have to always be ready to make that catch no matter how things look. Still he made up for it and caught the game winning TD, so I could care less how many drops he had prior to that play. I can't remember the last time a rookie receiver had a season as good as Torrey did in 2011 for the Ravens.

I really think the lack of mini camps/OTA's for the rookies resulted in the miscues. In that Pittsburgh play, Torrey couldn't recognize whether or not Joe was scrambling. Then in the Seattle game, Torrey is streaking down the sideline wide open and Joe overthrows by 10+ yards. Just a lack of familiarity on both sides, all things that can be ironed out.

My dumb ass watched the clip of him talking about the AFCCG. I looked at it frame by frame and there is absolutely no reason that Lee Evans shouldn't have made that catch. No reason whatsoever.

Damn this still hurts.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 07-09-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Being a dumb ass

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    My dumb ass watched the clip of him talking about the AFCCG. I looked at it fram by fram and there is absolutely no reason that Lee Evans shouldn't have made that catch. No reason whatsoever.

Damn this still hurts.
    You're not kidding. Anytime I even think of the Ravens lately, that play replays over and over in my head, and I feel sick. God damn one year rental receivers with no heart screwing us year after year.

thanks for the video. that hold was pure bullsh$$ when it happened and it is still pure pittsburg bullsh## now..

Blog Entries

Torrey said at the time things will get better as they grow together and get the chemistry and timing down. On one play Torrey pulled up on a ball because he didn't think Joe could get it to him as it went over his head.

He said next time he'll know better. He was just a rookie but there was no excuse for the veteran Evans to choke in the end zone with 25 secs left.

Same with Bolden on the goal line last year in Pissburgh, same with TJ.

All these guys choked.

Blog Entries

Boldin's disappointed me, because he's been in that spot before. Houshmanzadeh's was a microcosm of where he really was, compared to where he ranked himself. Evans' upset me, because I've always liked Lee Evans and wanted to see him on this stage, only for that to happen.

I think Ed Reed called out the wrong person (Even though I also think he was calling out the coaching staff). Joe stepped up and Evans' inexperience in the playoffs showed. An 8-9 year vet, letting down a fourth year, maligned game manager QB.

Sad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore