Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: If Flacco improves, could Caldwell replace Cam in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would you really want to change a game plan that gets us to the play offs year in year out? I understand opening things up for Flacco, but It's hard to argue with 11-5, 9-7, 12-4, and 12-4 in all of his years in Baltimore so far. Two AFC Championship appearances, two divisional round games, and one dropped pass away from a SB. I think Baltimore are always going to be built around a conservative yet effective game plan while Harbaugh is here.
    Martyball works like that. You can play conservative on offense and tough defense and you will beat all the bad teams and most of the mediocre teams on your schedule. But come crunch time you can't put up enough points to hang with the big dogs. Your players and your play calls just aren't up to that level. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Cam Cameron will be with this team as long as John Harbaugh is. Same with Jerry Rosburg. Those are "His Guys"--they're not going anywhere.
    I don't know if I 100% buy that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You have to look at what the coaches are actually saying. The "coachspeak" sometimes actually DOES mean something. The two things you most commonly hear said about the offense when it isn't working is: 1) "we have to get better" and 2) "we need to execute." What do the coaches mean when they say "we need to execute?" It's simple--it means "the players are at fault."

Go back and read interviews from Cam and Harbaugh. Over and over again a theme emerges: Cam is doing great, but the players aren't executing. Our coaching staff is one of the very worst in the league at accepting blame and deflecting praise. When things go well it's good coaching; when they go bad it's the players letting the coaches down.

I've come to this conclusion over the past few years while paying close attention to the little things our coaches say and do. From the post-game interviews, to Harbaugh giving Cam Cameron the game ball and all the credit after our week 1 dismantling of the Steelers last year, and on and on... this coaching staff, while it does much well, is not at all adaptable and receptive to criticism.
    You are reading way too much into it.

If Bisciotti and Ozzie come down to Harbs and say this offense is going nowhere slow. Make a change or it's your ass, guess what he'll do? Make a change.

Cam wanted to be the QB's coach as well as the OC last year. They let him and it was statistically one of Flacco's least impressive seasons and the offense was still really off target at times during the regular season and in the post game.

So, they brought in Caldwell to be the QB's coach.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You are reading way too much into it.

If Bisciotti and Ozzie come down to Harbs and say this offense is going nowhere slow. Make a change or it's your ass, guess what he'll do? Make a change.

Cam wanted to be the QB's coach as well as the OC last year. They let him and it was statistically one of Flacco's least impressive seasons and the offense was still really off target at times during the regular season and in the post game.

So, they brought in Caldwell to be the QB's coach.
    Pretty much agree, but I think the set-up is more like...

Bisciotti/Oz: John, we have the pieces together to get this done, but we believe (*show data*) that Cam is holding us back, so let's put our heads together for a replacement.

John: Um, hold on now... (*defends Cam, but loses*)

I don't think they'd come at Harbs with a "him or you" type of stance.

Blog Entries

keep in mind there was no offseason last year and they still were in position to win the AFCC.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    keep in mind there was no offseason last year and they still were in position to win the AFCC.
    Yet lost, with arguably far more talent at every position except QB and TE, and really TE is almost a wash as Gronk was hurt. they had Brady and thats really it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Pretty much agree, but I think the set-up is more like...

Bisciotti/Oz: John, we have the pieces together to get this done, but we believe (*show data*) that Cam is holding us back, so let's put our heads together for a replacement.

John: Um, hold on now... (*defends Cam, but loses*)

I don't think they'd come at Harbs with a "him or you" type of stance.
    But I think Harbaugh would tell them that they'd have to fire him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Because of our defense. If we'd of had a little help from our offense, we'd have been in at least 2 super bowls over the last 4 years.

Blog Entries

players have to execute the plays - make the catches, make the kicks... but if you want to blame someone else, go ahead

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If Flacco improves ?, does this mean he has to catch the ball he throws? Does he have to block too before he releases the ball. Cam's not going anywhere, the Ravens have made the postseason with Flacco and Cam too often. If someone else should replace Cam and the Ravens not make postseason, will the Cam haters say anything. Doubt it, excuses will be made. Ravens play in a tough division and get a tough schedule most of the time, but continue to make the post season. They beat winning teams and lost to sloppy yeams with winning coaches and players. If Flacco improves this year and the receivers and line do their jobs, watch out, maybe Cam will be offered another HC position. Bet that will make the Cam haters happy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Because of our defense. If we'd of had a little help from our offense, we'd have been in at least 2 super bowls over the last 4 years.
    Is that including the year the defense gave up touchdowns to the opposing team that cost the Ravens the game in the last quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    If Flacco improves ?, does this mean he has to catch the ball he throws? Does he have to block too before he releases the ball. Cam's not going anywhere, the Ravens have made the postseason with Flacco and Cam too often. If someone else should replace Cam and the Ravens not make postseason, will the Cam haters say anything. Doubt it, excuses will be made. Ravens play in a tough division and get a tough schedule most of the time, but continue to make the post season. They beat winning teams and lost to sloppy yeams with winning coaches and players. If Flacco improves this year and the receivers and line do their jobs, watch out, maybe Cam will be offered another HC position. Bet that will make the Cam haters happy.
    Funny how we make the playoffs after changing defensive coordinators, but you don't think we could do it without Cam?