Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

If Flacco improves, could Caldwell replace Cam in 2013?

I've been hearing some good things about Flacco looking sharp in OTAs and minicamp (while he was there). Obviously you need to take that with a grain of salt, but maybe Caldwell is a good partner for Flacco.

It strikes me that if Flacco looks significantly better this season there could be temptation to replace Cam with Cladwell. At a minimum I'm sure we'd have some fans asking for it. :)

Of course, if Flacco does well that may reduce the heat on Cam anyway, so it's a bit of a catch-22.

As far as Caldwell's qualifications, I believe he's mostly been a QB coach before being head coach for the Colts. I would think that's enough if you're unhappy with Cam.

Blog Entries

Re: If Flacco improves, could Caldwell replace Cam in 2013?

Caldwell isn't a play caller, he's purely a positional coach, and I don't think he has any experience as an OC, and never called the plays as the HC in Indi either. I think if Cam finally gets ran out of Baltimore in 2013, we may be looking on the open market for a new OC. I guess if Caldwell where to be the OC, our offense would probably go a lot more WC.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 06-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Cam Cameron will be with this team as long as John Harbaugh is. Same with Jerry Rosburg. Those are "His Guys"--they're not going anywhere.

Blog Entries

bring in Ricky Proehl as the new OC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think you answered it yourself. If flacco does better its going to be less pressure on cam. I dont think cam is very good at getting the most out of his talent but as an offense weve been better and better i believe. Flacco has a 4k or 30td season he cements himself as our OC.

As far as leach pointed out if cam gets let go mid season hell take over but as far as a full time replacemwnt im sure theyd bring in some outside options at least and depending on whos available will dictate if hes the choice or not. Familiarity does go a long way.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I actually would have liked to see Hue Jackson hired as the OC after Oakland fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I've been hearing some good things about Flacco looking sharp in OTAs and minicamp (while he was there). Obviously you need to take that with a grain of salt, but maybe Caldwell is a good partner for Flacco.

It strikes me that if Flacco looks significantly better this season there could be temptation to replace Cam with Cladwell. At a minimum I'm sure we'd have some fans asking for it. :)

Of course, if Flacco does well that may reduce the heat on Cam anyway, so it's a bit of a catch-22.

As far as Caldwell's qualifications, I believe he's mostly been a QB coach before being head coach for the Colts. I would think that's enough if you're unhappy with Cam.
    I would think if Flacco does good Cam will stay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I actually would have liked to see Hue Jackson hired as the OC after Oakland fired him.
    I would have said the same before hearing he was an egomaniac and kind of an asshole to the FO. Im not sure but i thought he burned some bridges and our FO was kind of happy to see him go. Might be wrong about the last part.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Cam Cameron will be with this team as long as John Harbaugh is. Same with Jerry Rosburg. Those are "His Guys"--they're not going anywhere.
    Bingo. Cam has a job for life as long as Harbaugh is employed. Sorry but he isn't going anywhere if he doesn't want to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That guy is a known backstabber. No way Harbaugh would want him here again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Eh...that may have some truth, but I think it has more to do with keeping some sort of continuity under the circumstances such as the lockout last year and losing the DC this year. If Steve want's him gone then Harbaugh won't have much of a choice.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

The only way to get rid of Cam is for Flacco to play absolutely terrible this coming season. If he plays even remotely close to the level we think he is capable of Cam stays.