Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    timely!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Overrated Ravens:

Michael Oher
    Joe Flacco (overrated by fans; underrated by general public)
    Ray Lewis (old and slow)
    Ed Reed (see Lewis above)
    Matt Birk
    Cam
    That's pretty much my list, with grubbs no longer a Raven. My only contention is Flacco. I don't think he's overrated by anyone. I haven't seen anyone ever claim he was more thne a borderline top 10 QB, which he absolutely is. By Steeler fans and the like he is FAR, FAR underrated.
    If someone thinks Flacco is one of the best few QB's in football already thne they overrate him. Short of that he is underrated.

Oher is definately the tops of the list though, as he is average AT BEST at RT and far worse at LT, and the average NFl fan probably thinks of him in a better light. Some Ravens fans still somehow think he is, despite seeing him prove otherwise week after week for three years now

Ed Dickson is overrated by Cam Cameron keeps giving him opportunities.

Ed Reed has been overrated for a number of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't understand all of the praise that Birk receives either.

If I had to rank the top 3 he would be included.

He was a great player at one point and he's still a decent player, but a lot of people talk like he's the best center in the league.
    PFF has him as the 9th best overall C and 3rd best pass-blocking C in the NFL last season. I'd say he still deserves praise.

Michael Oher is the only choice that really makes sense. Ray Lewis & Ed Reed aren't overrated, everyone understands that they aren't as good as they used to be, but the fact is they are still both above-average at their positions. According to PFF, Ray Lewis was the 5th best ILB in the NFL last season and graded positively in all facets of the game, and Ed Reed was the 14th best Safety and graded positively in all facets of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    PFF has him as the 9th best overall C and 3rd best pass-blocking C in the NFL last season. I'd say he still deserves praise.
    The eyeball test tells me differently. It's a hotly debated topic on here regarding PFF's findings and whether or not they really translate to an accurate analysis or not. Some feel strongly that they do and others find it questionable. It is interesting how they arrive at their conclusions though, I will say that.

I know Birk is still a good center. He's smart, big, and he's still got some oomph to him, but I think you could make a legitimate argument that in a fantasty draft most GM's and coaches would take guys like Nick Mangold, Ryan Kalil, Alex Mack, Ed Wood, Max Unger, Chris Myers, and a few others before Birk.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That's pretty much my list, with grubbs no longer a Raven. My only contention is Flacco. I don't think he's overrated by anyone. I haven't seen anyone ever claim he was more thne a borderline top 10 QB, which he absolutely is. By Steeler fans and the like he is FAR, FAR underrated.
    If someone thinks Flacco is one of the best few QB's in football already thne they overrate him. Short of that he is underrated.

Oher is definately the tops of the list though, as he is average AT BEST at RT and far worse at LT, and the average NFl fan probably thinks of him in a better light. Some Ravens fans still somehow think he is, despite seeing him prove otherwise week after week for three years now
    I don't know about Oher. The guy on Football Gameplan was the first person that I recall saying that Oher is anything more than average. I may be wrong, but most fans and people in the media don't think too highly of him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don't know about Oher. The guy on Football Gameplan was the first person that I recall saying that Oher is anything more than average. I may be wrong, but most fans and people in the media don't think too highly of him.
    That's all the Ravens media coverage has been talking about this off-season is how good Flacco looks and how good Oher looks.

Oh and Ed Reed is MIA.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The eyeball test tells me differently. It's a hotly debated topic on here regarding PFF's findings and whether or not they really translate to an accurate analysis or not. Some feel strongly that they do and others find it questionable. It is interesting how they arrive at their conclusions though, I will say that.

I know Birk is still a good center. He's smart, big, and he's still got some oomph to him, but I think you could make a legitimate argument that in a fantasty draft most GM's and coaches would take guys like Nick Mangold, Ryan Kalil, Alex Mack, Ed Wood, Max Unger, Chris Myers, and a few others before Birk.
    I'm not exactly sure how they do their rankings either, but it seemed that Birk really wore down at the end of the season. New England's 32nd ranked defense looked like the '85 Bears against him and the rest of the interior part of the line.

That's all the Ravens media coverage has been talking about this off-season is how good Flacco looks and how good Oher looks.

Oh and Ed Reed is MIA.
    Looking good in OTA's isn't quite the same as during the season, but i hope they're right and he does play lights out this year.

11. Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the center position requires much more intelligence than a lot on this board give credit. That's why the older guys hang around for years; they call the assignments and make the reads. Jeff Saturday may play forever.

Having a smart guy like Birk helps Flacco a lot. Maybe he gets bull rushed on occasion but he doesn't get out smarted IMO.

Hands down my pick is Oher
    Agree 100%. Birk doesn't wow you, but he executes his assignment. Centers aren't called upon to maul people. They identify the front, call the blocking scheme, hike the ball and get in the way of the right person. Birk will get blown up now and again, but he's more than adequate.

Blog Entries

Oh and Ed Reed is MIA.
    But Oher looked like a very promising RT in his rookie year. The Ravens botched him by moving him around so much. I don't think its a stretch that he can rebound and be as good if not better than his rookie year.

I think he was definitely overrated as a LT. Ravens fans were actually pushing Jared Gaither out for him. It doesn't get more overrated than that.