Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Our signing of Boldin is akin to signing C.C. Sabathia and having him play 3rd base. Before we signed him, Bolding was one of the best in the league at quick slants and other short passes that he turned into big plays. Despite our struggles against the blitz, the quick slant and hot routes aren't in the playbook.

As far as the most over-rated Raven is concerned, in my opinion its Matt Birk. He was terrible down the stretch last year, but still receives the high acolades.
    Have to agree, at this point I dont see Anquan playing for more than one more season here in Bmore. He has had far too many drops last season, unless this doesnt change , Flacco will target Torrey all season long as he is by far the most dangerous WR on this team. Im curious to see what Streeter will bring, Lewis' influence should also speed up his development. As both trained together this offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by defence84 View Post
    Have to agree, at this point I dont see Anquan playing for more than one more season here in Bmore. He has had far too many drops last season, unless this doesnt change , Flacco will target Torrey all season long as he is by far the most dangerous WR on this team. Im curious to see what Streeter will bring, Lewis' influence should also speed up his development. As both trained together this offseason.
    I think you are being too optimistic here. Boldin has two years left on his contract, and the Ravens aren't just going to cut him because he's earning a lot of money and not putting up pro bowl type numbers that everyone wants to see. Right now, we don't really know what we have behind Boldin and Smith, we do have Jacoby Jones who is a below average receiver, and other than that a bunch of unproven rookies/second year players. Unless one or more of the young receivers step up and prove they can go straight away into the #2 position, there is a very low chance that Boldin gets cut. He is still a reliable receiver who can make crucial plays for you no matter what anybody says. I think Torrey Smith will be the main guy, but to say he will be by far the most dangerous weapon is also way too optimistic at this point.

I didnt say the most dangerous weapon, this should be Rice again, but the best WR. If I take last season and considering the fact that Torrey had a full offseason to work on his technique he could post up pro bowl like numbers. But this is not college where players tend to make huge strides every season,this is the NFL it either goes up or down, we surely have to see what kinda production the other Receivers bring, especially Streeter caught my eye, and of course how Pitta and Dickson(!) will develop. If Smith progresses like last season its hard to believe that he will stay on his current contract which brings me back to Anquan's money.

Blog Entries

The only overrated guy I see on this team is Ellerbe. I still can't believe the team decided to keep him under the expensive RFA tender after they resigned McClain. The AFC Championship game was a blueprint on how to exploit Ellerbe every time he's out there in the middle. I never understood the hype that made him a fan favorite and based on how he's paid, a team favorite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only overrated guy I see on this team is Ellerbe. I still can't believe the team decided to keep him under the expensive RFA tender after they resigned McClain. The AFC Championship game was a blueprint on how to exploit Ellerbe every time he's out there in the middle. I never understood the hype that made him a fan favorite and based on how he's paid, a team favorite as well.
    I agree. It's a headscratcher. It's clear they value him more than the fans. They must see something in him. Maybe at the end of the day they just feel he's "underrated".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I agree. It's a headscratcher. It's clear they value him more than the fans. They must see something in him. Maybe at the end of the day they just feel he's "underrated".
    promising rookie year, doghoused, injured... jurys still out. i could see the "overrated" argument if people were calling for him to replace Ray Lewis, but i dont see/hear that. im definitely in the minority for feeling he has potential and more so that he can even be a starter, so im not sure who exactly would be praising him and to the degree to warrant being overrated. If anything I think youre right that the coaches feel hes underrated, which would explain the tag and continued belief in him.
    -JAB

@Ellerbe How can he be overrated ? He isnt even a starter on most days, this will be his make or break season. Either way he is no risk for the team as he isnt paid too much. I do think he has the tools to be successful as he is stronger than Mcclain and also possesses similar speed, but his main problem has always been his attitude. Harbaugh doesnt like those guys and he could easily end up in his doghouse again. But again, he does has starter potential. its a win-win situation for us, he will either shine or leave us by the end of August.
    Last edited by defence84; 07-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by defence84 View Post
    @Ellerbe How can he be overrated ? He isnt even a starter on most days, this will be his make or break season. Either way he is no risk for the team as he isnt paid too much. I do think he has the tools to be successful as he is stronger than Mcclain and also possesses similar speed, but his main problem has always been his attitude. Harbaugh doesnt like those guys and he could easily end up in his doghouse again. But again, he does has starter potential. its a win-win situation for us, he will either shine or leave us by the end of August.
    Ellerbe is being paid almost $2 million this season. That kind of cap space tells you what the team feels about him and therefore he is being rated.

Ya, tough 2 mio isnt too much either, how much does Bolding get ? Or Mckinney ? I always saw more talent in him than on McClain, we will see what we get from Ellerbe, McClain played great in Lewis' absence last year but isnt as effective when Lewis plays. Ellerbe is more of a thumber which actually qualifies him more of playing next to him, but again his attitude has to change otherwise he wont last long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ellerbe is being paid almost $2 million this season. That kind of cap space tells you what the team feels about him and therefore he is being rated.
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?
    Maybe Nigel Carr who's currently on the roster, and would be a lot cheaper. Lets see how he plays in the pre season games.

I think big Steve B. Is overrated as an owner. I don't understand how he didn't interview some of the people that hang on this board for the head coaching job. There are people on here that know more then any of the coaches on the Ravens. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2