Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Re: In your opinion: Who is the most overrated Raven?

@Ellerbe How can he be overrated ? He isnt even a starter on most days, this will be his make or break season. Either way he is no risk for the team as he isnt paid too much. I do think he has the tools to be successful as he is stronger than Mcclain and also possesses similar speed, but his main problem has always been his attitude. Harbaugh doesnt like those guys and he could easily end up in his doghouse again. But again, he does has starter potential. its a win-win situation for us, he will either shine or leave us by the end of August.
    Last edited by defence84; 07-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by defence84 View Post
    @Ellerbe How can he be overrated ? He isnt even a starter on most days, this will be his make or break season. Either way he is no risk for the team as he isnt paid too much. I do think he has the tools to be successful as he is stronger than Mcclain and also possesses similar speed, but his main problem has always been his attitude. Harbaugh doesnt like those guys and he could easily end up in his doghouse again. But again, he does has starter potential. its a win-win situation for us, he will either shine or leave us by the end of August.
    Ellerbe is being paid almost $2 million this season. That kind of cap space tells you what the team feels about him and therefore he is being rated.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Ya, tough 2 mio isnt too much either, how much does Bolding get ? Or Mckinney ? I always saw more talent in him than on McClain, we will see what we get from Ellerbe, McClain played great in Lewis' absence last year but isnt as effective when Lewis plays. Ellerbe is more of a thumber which actually qualifies him more of playing next to him, but again his attitude has to change otherwise he wont last long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ellerbe is being paid almost $2 million this season. That kind of cap space tells you what the team feels about him and therefore he is being rated.
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    He's overpaid. But that contract is not guaranteed. The Ravens can cut him at anytime and avoid that cap hit. There is absolutely no risk in taking him into training camp. Besides name a better ILB that's available right now that the Ravens could get for that money?
    Maybe Nigel Carr who's currently on the roster, and would be a lot cheaper. Lets see how he plays in the pre season games.

I think big Steve B. Is overrated as an owner. I don't understand how he didn't interview some of the people that hang on this board for the head coaching job. There are people on here that know more then any of the coaches on the Ravens.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Word. no risk- high reward. Every now and then players make huge strides when coming back in camp also you never know about those walk-ons. Ravens have always had great success finding those hidden gems and maybe this year we will get the next Bart Scott.

I didnt say the most dangerous weapon, this should be Rice again, but the best WR.
    I don't think Rice is the most dangerous weapon the Ravens have. Far from it. While all those dump offs to Rice make his numbers look good and inflate his future contract value, they actually hurt the Ravens offense. Every dump off to Rice is a guarantee that they won't be throwing the ball down the field. Many of those dump offs end in 3&outs. I think these plays are a big part of the reason the Ravens offense is so stagnant. While Rice is an exceptional player it is far too easy to key on him when you know 70% of the time the Ravens are going to try to get the ball into his hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Nigel Carr who's currently on the roster, and would be a lot cheaper. Lets see how he plays in the pre season games.
    Well. That's what training camp is for. They'll compete and get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I don't think Rice is the most dangerous weapon the Ravens have. Far from it. While all those dump offs to Rice make his numbers look good and inflate his future contract value, they actually hurt the Ravens offense. Every dump off to Rice is a guarantee that they won't be throwing the ball down the field. Many of those dump offs end in 3&outs. I think these plays are a big part of the reason the Ravens offense is so stagnant. While Rice is an exceptional player it is far too easy to key on him when you know 70% of the time the Ravens are going to try to get the ball into his hands.
    He is one of the most dynamic playmakers in this league, not many are that fast AND strong . Ravens tried lots of different things last year, but success came when they got their best playmaker the ball. I have to agree with you when you say lets throw the ball downfield, but lets be honset besides Torrey Smith the Ravens havent had no real deep threat last year. I want this to change too, but as it is now, give the ball to Ray and good things will come, if you have a back that can make one or two guys miss on every play you should stick with him.

Blog Entries

We missed the window. A couple of months ago there were a ton of inside linebackers who had to sign on the cheap. The Saints signed David Hawthorne for a $1.46 million 2012 cap number. That's a much better player who ended up cheaper. Dan Connor was another cheap one we talked about at the time. EJ Henderson is still sitting out there. ILB is the one position that had a lot of good cheap talent available this year in free agency. There were lots of options but the Ravens wanted to keep Ellerbe for almost $2 million over any of them. Cutting him now doesn't help because with the exception of Henderson those guys are all gone.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We missed the window. A couple of months ago there were a ton of inside linebackers who had to sign on the cheap. The Saints signed David Hawthorne for a $1.46 million 2012 cap number. That's a much better player who ended up cheaper. Dan Connor was another cheap one we talked about at the time. EJ Henderson is still sitting out there. ILB is the one position that had a lot of good cheap talent available this year in free agency. There were lots of options but the Ravens wanted to keep Ellerbe for almost $2 million over any of them. Cutting him now doesn't help because with the exception of Henderson those guys are all gone.
    I can't believe how much the Saints got Hawthorne for, I was really rooting for him to come to Baltimore. Curtis Lofton was also someone I really wanted, but he also signed with the Saints.

I was reading around, and I found that the Ravens really like Elerbee for whatever reason. They must have a ton of confidence in him when they miss out on a talented group of FA ILB's who where all signed for relatively cheap deals.

Why is everyone bashing on Ellerbe ? I can remember him playing very well 2 years ago I didnt thought neither Gooden or McClain would be able to take his spot. And also, people in Owing Mills like to develop their own guys instead of signing someone else, I think we should trust Harbaugh's judgement, and see how he does this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I was reading around, and I found that the Ravens really like Elerbee for whatever reason. They must have a ton of confidence in him when they miss out on a talented group of FA ILB's who where all signed for relatively cheap deals.
    FAs they never even showed interest in. I think that speaks volumes. Even McClain they didnt pursue heavily and let test the waters and potentially leave. The team is clearly not as down on Ellerbe as most fans are. I really think we would have seen a much improved Ellerbe had he not been injured most of the year, with his new attitude and dedication last year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Why is everyone bashing on Ellerbe ? I can remember him playing very well 2 years ago I didnt thought neither Gooden or McClain would be able to take his spot. And also, people in Owing Mills like to develop their own guys instead of signing someone else, I think we should trust Harbaugh's judgement, and see how he does this year.
    Because the thread is about overrated Ravens. Someone, or ones, are going to be on the list. It's not like these players are getting bashed in thread after thread.
    He Who Dares.....Wins