Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - 4 Team Playoff for College Football

Ultimately this will be fun to watch / argue because there will be a lot more controversy. But I just see no way that teams from smaller conferences will get considered and maybe that's OK. It'll also be interesting to see if there is a scenario where two SEC teams are selected and a 3rd has a solid case to be included.

Say for example this year it ends up as USC, LSU, Alabama and a decision has to be made between an 11-1 Oregon team and an 11-1 Arkansas team that played a tougher schedule.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YRKPARAVEN View Post
    TCU is already a member of the Big 12. Boise State needs to re think its position and join the Big 12. I see the Big 12 as adding teams at least to get back to 12 anyways. I agree with the previous comment, there will be a lot of money thrown out, J Jones will get his share of the title games thats for sure. Just hope it doesnt land in NYC or some other spot no one wants to go to.
    TCU is not in the BIG12, or do you mean they've agreed and will be a member?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not many folks can compete with Jerry Jones in terms of cash on hand.
    Put into the context of other NFL owners, Jerry's wealth isnt all that impressive. If it really came down who had the most cash, Paul Allen who owns the Seahawks could buy and sell Jerry Jones a dozen times over.

Blog Entries

There's no way to shaft Boise State if it goes to 8. At four, SEC dominance will remain the prominent issue. What they need is a few upsets.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There's no way to shaft Boise State if it goes to 8. At four, SEC dominance will remain the prominent issue. What they need is a few upsets.
    There sure is.

The final four is selected by a committee, not the final BCS ranking. If a school like Boise State is on the bubble or sitting in that 4th spot, I'll bet you they get the shaft in favor of school that will draw more cash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There sure is.

The final four is selected by a committee, not the final BCS ranking. If a school like Boise State is on the bubble or sitting in that 4th spot, I'll bet you they get the shaft in favor of school that will draw more cash.
    I said, "if it goes to 8".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I said, "if it goes to 8".
    Right.

And at 8, the chance for them to get the screws is greater since they typically rank in that area.