Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens who become Steelers (and vice versa)

I was told recently by a source (and I'm waiting on confirmation from another source) that the Ravens were interested in Maake Kemoeatu's brother Chris to play left guard. This was prior to the Bobbie Williams signing.

Chris (so the story goes) said he would prefer to remain retired than becoming a Raven. I actually find that hard to believe. Where else can he get a pay day like that of a veteran NFL'er working for a class team like the Ravens?

But until I find out otherwise I'll take the story at face value.

And that got me to thinking...players don't often go from Baltimore to Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh to Baltimore. The most recent former Raven to don the black and yellow is long snapper Matt Katula. Can you think of any others that have taken out their dentures to feel more at home in Pittsburgh?

Some who have come from Pittsburgh to Bmore include:

Kordell Stewart
    Keydrick Vincent
    Rod Woodson (by way of SF)
    Carnell Lake (by way of Jax)

Can you think of any others?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens who become Steelers (and vice versa)

Obviously, Troy Smith. I remember Cory Ivy played against us in the game that Dennis Dixon started a few years ago. And if I am not mistaken, he was later cut and played against them with us in the second game that year. He was on the losing side both times. lol.

Blog Entries

I also can't believe that little Kemo would actually say that he would retire before becoming a Raven. That sounds like fan talk. If Rod Woodson could play here than any former Steeler should.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    And that got me to thinking...players don't often go from Baltimore to Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh to Baltimore. The most recent former Raven to don the black and yellow is long snapper Matt Katula. Can you think of any others that have taken out their dentures to feel more at home in Pittsburgh?

Kordell Stewart
    Keydrick Vincent

Teams within the division seem to do it with backup players every year, trying to get an edge on the play calls. Brian St. Pierre comes to mind, he went back and forth a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I was told recently by a source (and I'm waiting on confirmation from another source) that the Ravens were interested in Maake Kemoeatu's brother Chris to play left guard. This was prior to the Bobbie Williams signing.

Chris (so the story goes) said he would prefer to remain retired than becoming a Raven. I actually find that hard to believe. Where else can he get a pay day like that of a veteran NFL'er working for a class team like the Ravens?

But until I find out otherwise I'll take the story at face value.

Kordell Stewart
    Keydrick Vincent

Leon Searcy but of course he never played a down for us if memory serves me correctly.

Bam Morris is another guy that comes to mind

Leon Searcy never did play a down for us. Tore that pectoral and that was it. Wasn't that the same year Jamal blew out his knee in training camp?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

James Harrison. Harrison was cut 3 times by the Steelers. He finally is moved from the practice squad to the active roster late 2002 but is cut again and signed by the Ravens in the 2003 offseason. The Ravens send him to NFL Europe but he is unable to make the team in camp upon his return. He is unable to get a team to sign him that season and it looks like it's over. The Steelers sign him again in 2004 and now it all click and Harrison is on his way to becoming a star.

Just imagine what Harrison and Suggs would have been like together

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    James Harrison. Harrison was cut 3 times by the Steelers. He finally is moved from the practice squad to the active roster late 2002 but is cut again and signed by the Ravens in the 2003 offseason. The Ravens send him to NFL Europe but he is unable to make the team in camp upon his return. He is unable to get a team to sign him that season and it looks like it's over. The Steelers sign him again in 2004 and now it all click and Harrison is on his way to becoming a star.

I know it happens like that for some players but I have always thought Harrison should be the first one in line when HGH testing starts.

Word.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

James Harrison-Ray Lewis-Bart Scott-Terrell Suggs with JJ rotating in would have been scary for any team, with Haloti at nose tackle. That would have been great. Eventually with Scott moving to the Jets, we could have moved JJ to Barts position (which is probably where he should have been playing for us, even if he did play the SAM position so well too)

Blog Entries

If Rod Woodson could play here than any former Steeler should.
    Woodson came here in 1999 at that point the rivalry was nowhere close to where it is today. In the early years of the Ravens our main rival was the Titans and if the divisions were not realigned IMO they would still be our #1 rival