Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: troy smith back on the crawl

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    he was the worst of the QB's that preseason to my eye.
    Not just that preseason .... Few - if any - Ravens QBs did worse than Smith over their careers. IIRC, Smith had one asterisked win as Ravens starting QB: the season ender over the Steelers who had clinched a playoff berth and were playing to avoid injuries. Other Ravens QBs who were maligned by our fans had better peformances: Stony Case, Tony Banks, Kyle Boller. I have never understood the fascination by some of our fans with the undersized Smith. He never showed NFL talent.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    he was the worst of the QB's that preseason to my eye.
    Mine too. I remember being disappointed in him that preseason before he got sick; he was clearly the worst of the three quarterbacks.
    Last edited by festivus; 06-28-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: ninja'ed by T, who said it better.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Mine too. I remember being disappointed in him that preseason before he got sick; he was clearly the worst of the three quarterbacks.

Despite the coahcing staff doing everything in their power to hand him the job to start camp. He got the biggest share of first team reps. All he had to do was "Tie" Boller and the job was his. But he looked worst.

I still laugh at folks that think he didn't get a fair shot.

4. Re: troy smith back on the crawl

Let's keep in mind that Troy was the last pick in the 5th round the year he came out. He wasn't drafted to be our star future qb. How often do 5th-6th round qb's make it in the NFL? Very little!

Quote Originally Posted by HampsteadRaven View Post
    Let's keep in mind that Troy was the last pick in the 5th round the year he came out. He wasn't drafted to be our star future qb. How often do 5th-6th round qb's make it in the NFL? Very little!
    Maybe he needs to spend a couple of years bagging groceries, learn some humility, then come back into the league and set it on fire. Talking about jesus a lot helps too. Especially if he ends up on a rural midwest/southern team, like St. Louis, or Arizona.

Or he could just bang a couple supermodel/actresses and knock em up. Even if he doesn't make it back to the NFL thats always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Maybe he needs to spend a couple of years bagging groceries, learn some humility, then come back into the league and set it on fire. Talking about jesus a lot helps too. Especially if he ends up on a rural midwest/southern team, like St. Louis, or Arizona.

Or he could just bang a couple supermodel/actresses and knock em up. Even if he doesn't make it back to the NFL thats always fun.
    Is he going to grow 3-5 inches and learn to throw more accurately?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

That response wasn't really about Smith. I was commenting on how the 5-6th round draft picks don't make it in the NFL. I think they have had a pretty good showing in the last dozen or so Superbowls!

Quote Originally Posted by HampsteadRaven View Post
    Well, he was better than Boller who we wasted a 1st round pick on!
    Better than boller? I think not.

Blog Entries

Smith was the type of guy that players could like. However, there is a reason why coaches coach and players play. I rolled my eyes when I heard the players talking about Smith needing to get a chance.

I knew that Smith was done when I saw him do a dance in the end zone versus Detroit. It was the fourth quarter and they were already up by darn near thirty points. Yet, in the rain, this fool is dancing.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

All I can say is I hope he saved some of his money.