Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

troy smith back on the crawl

Steelers released him. Anybody think he latches on with somebody else? I doubt it, unless its in an arena or canada.

Re: troy smith back on the crawl

I never had a doubt that Smith should have gone to the CFL. The Ravens wasted a 5th round pick on Smith, who was too little and inaccurate to be an NFL QB.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I never had a doubt that Smith should have gone to the CFL. The Ravens wasted a 5th round pick on Smith, who was too little and inaccurate to be an NFL QB.
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday. They did right by getting rid of him when they did. Im also thankful things fell the way we did and he didnt get a chance to start. Would have been a disaster, instead of an AFCC season, but i still think wasted is a little harsh for a guy that did give us some value.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday. They did right by getting rid of him when they did. Im also thankful things fell the way we did and he didnt get a chance to start. Would have been a disaster, instead of an AFCC season, but i still think wasted is a little harsh for a guy that did give us some value.
    Well if not for a timely stomach virus he would have been the starter. What a disaster that season would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wouldnt say "wasted", he was an adequate back up at the time, and was used effectively when the "wildcat" was in its heyday.
    Meh ...... perhaps there's a better term than "wasted", although I didn't recall any significant wildcat big gains outside of one looping pass to Flacco. However, there was a benefit that only a 5th rounder could provide: Smith's low salary for 4 years enabled Ozzie pay the vets.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

6. Re: troy smith back on the crawl

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Well, he was better than Boller who we wasted a 1st round pick on!

Blog Entries

As long as he crawls away from Baltimore I don't care where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HampsteadRaven View Post
    Honestly, it was a wash with those two. Coming in to relieve Boller, he didn't exactly close the door on a winless Dolphins team.

Blog Entries

He'll probably catch on as a camp body somewhere for a little while.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by HampsteadRaven View Post
    Better than boller? I think not.

Blog Entries

Smith was the type of guy that players could like. However, there is a reason why coaches coach and players play. I rolled my eyes when I heard the players talking about Smith needing to get a chance.

I knew that Smith was done when I saw him do a dance in the end zone versus Detroit. It was the fourth quarter and they were already up by darn near thirty points. Yet, in the rain, this fool is dancing.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

All I can say is I hope he saved some of his money.