Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl



    He'll probably catch on as a camp body somewhere for a little while.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You know, arena league may not be that bad an option for him. It's a smaller playarea and he can run around. I think he would fit the game style better than even the CFL.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    I disagree, the arena league requires quick reads and throws from the pocket in 3 steps, it isn't a scrambling league. The CFL field is bigger, I think he is a better fit there.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    But it's not like Troy Smith was a burner anyway. He's not very accurate and I honestly believe Boller was more athletic. He's simply not an NFL caliber talent.




  4. #19

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Boller had a great arm and a prototypical body for an NFL qb. He just had no brains and two left feet. Smith has the brains and footwork to play the position but doesn't have an NFL caliber arm or the size and strength required to play at this level. Plus as bad as Boller was he was always a team player. Smith seems a bit of an a-hole from most things I've read.

    Neither one belong on an NFL roster, even as a clip board holder. At least if you want your team to have a chance to win.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,922
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Had Troy gotten over himself a bit and transitioned to a WR/RB/ST-returner type of player then he probably would have stuck with an NFL team.

    He's got decent size for those positions (6' 210lbs, give or take) and he's pretty athletic. When he first went to Ohio State he actually was a running back/return specialist. He could have potentially been a Hines Ward/Antwan Randel El/Michael Robinson/Michael Spurlock type of player, you know?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #21

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    I feel a little bad for the guy. He never got an extended look anywhere. When he was about to get that look here, he gets a bizarre illness. Whatever you think about him, that's tough as an athlete.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Interesting story HERE about a locker room incident involving Troy Smith.
    This article falls more in line with what I have heard about Troy Smith, that he had 'a lot' of maturing to do.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,051
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by 34wassmooth View Post
    I feel a little bad for the guy. He never got an extended look anywhere. When he was about to get that look here, he gets a bizarre illness. Whatever you think about him, that's tough as an athlete.
    Smith got to start a bunch of games for the 49ers and he sucked. He was so bad that he was out of the league the next year. If Smith had shown anything he would have been signed. Just look at all the chances really horrible QBs like Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme got. Teams are desperate for quarterbacks. They only pass on the real crap ones.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #24

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Smith got to start a bunch of games for the 49ers and he sucked. He was so bad that he was out of the league the next year. If Smith had shown anything he would have been signed. Just look at all the chances really horrible QBs like Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme got. Teams are desperate for quarterbacks. They only pass on the real crap ones.
    Especially when they have overinflated self value and horrible attitudes.
    And heck, he had plenty of chances here. He MERELY had to beat out Kyle Boller, and fell flat on his face. The illness is a nice fallback option ofr his supporters, but he was the worst of the QB's that preseason to my eye.




  10. #25

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    he was the worst of the QB's that preseason to my eye.
    Not just that preseason .... Few - if any - Ravens QBs did worse than Smith over their careers. IIRC, Smith had one asterisked win as Ravens starting QB: the season ender over the Steelers who had clinched a playoff berth and were playing to avoid injuries. Other Ravens QBs who were maligned by our fans had better peformances: Stony Case, Tony Banks, Kyle Boller. I have never understood the fascination by some of our fans with the undersized Smith. He never showed NFL talent.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  11. #26

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    he was the worst of the QB's that preseason to my eye.
    Mine too. I remember being disappointed in him that preseason before he got sick; he was clearly the worst of the three quarterbacks.
    Last edited by festivus; 06-28-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: ninja'ed by T, who said it better.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  12. #27

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Mine too. I remember being disappointed in him that preseason before he got sick; he was clearly the worst of the three quarterbacks.


    Despite the coahcing staff doing everything in their power to hand him the job to start camp. He got the biggest share of first team reps. All he had to do was "Tie" Boller and the job was his. But he looked worst.

    I still laugh at folks that think he didn't get a fair shot.




  13. Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Let's keep in mind that Troy was the last pick in the 5th round the year he came out. He wasn't drafted to be our star future qb. How often do 5th-6th round qb's make it in the NFL? Very little!




  14. #29

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by HampsteadRaven View Post
    Let's keep in mind that Troy was the last pick in the 5th round the year he came out. He wasn't drafted to be our star future qb. How often do 5th-6th round qb's make it in the NFL? Very little!
    Maybe he needs to spend a couple of years bagging groceries, learn some humility, then come back into the league and set it on fire. Talking about jesus a lot helps too. Especially if he ends up on a rural midwest/southern team, like St. Louis, or Arizona.

    Or he could just bang a couple supermodel/actresses and knock em up. Even if he doesn't make it back to the NFL thats always fun.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: troy smith back on the crawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Maybe he needs to spend a couple of years bagging groceries, learn some humility, then come back into the league and set it on fire. Talking about jesus a lot helps too. Especially if he ends up on a rural midwest/southern team, like St. Louis, or Arizona.

    Or he could just bang a couple supermodel/actresses and knock em up. Even if he doesn't make it back to the NFL thats always fun.
    Is he going to grow 3-5 inches and learn to throw more accurately?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland