Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Where do the best Ravens fans reside?

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I've heard Redskins fans say that due to the Redskins losing and the Ravens winning in the past decade or so a lot of younger DC/PG fans lean towards rooting for the Purple and Black.
    It's true. My kids school is in the heart of PG Cty/Slurs country. When they had their NFL team jersey day It was 1/3 Slurs, 1/3 Cowboys and a 1/3 Ravens. Out of 300 kids being 1/3 Ravens fans that ain't bad.

I also wear my Ravens stuff proudly along with my car magnet and I get way more compliments then jeers.

In all though most of the DC residents are still slurs fans and if RG III leads them back to some success they'll ignore the Ravens once again.

Blog Entries

Wherever there's a fan. How can one say one section of Bmore has better fans than
    another section and there are plenty of fans born in Bmore like me who moved to
    the counties. Harford County has one of the largest fan clubs, and there are many around the country so I say wherever there are Ravens fans, they're the best.

I'm with T. I never bought PSLs and was criticized for it
    when I joined the first message boards in 99. I refused to pay for
    the same seat twice, an old circus trick, but I went to every Ravens home game til 07 when I was injured and confined to bed for 6 months. Missed the entire season. I also went to almost every practice at camp til they closed it last year. I spent around $10,000 going to Ravens games pr yr with all the road games I went on.

I never paid above face value for Ravens tickets either and sat in just about every section in the stadium but preferred the club level during cold weather.

I went to all the Colts games in the 60s and 70s and was at their last game here yelling Irsay sucks and went as far back as the 50s as a little tot. I'm not saying I'm the best fan either - just the
    oldest or oldest member on this board.

Shortly after Buck arrived to coach the Os a fan stopped me going into the store when I was wearing my Os hat. It was an orange hat
    I wore all that summer before Buck even arrived.

The stranger said, oh you're jumping on the band wagon now that Buck has us winning some games now huh? I said son, how many world series games have you been to in this town? He said none. He wasn't old enough to have gone to any.

I said I've been to every world series game played in this town. I was at the first won they ever won in 66. I saw Palmer become the youngest pitcher in history to pitch a shut out in the world series and I saw Brooks dismantle the Reds with his glove and I saw Roberto Clemente throw a guy out at 3rd from the fence in right field.

I grew up near the stadium and knew the guys as well as Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford and Yogi Berra. We hung out in front of Sweeney's where the old Colts liked to drink and they sent us on errands to get papers and cigs and they tipped us.

No brag just fact and I'm far from the best fan because I call it like
    I see it and I'll call Ozzie and DeCosta out when they screw up the draft and even told DeCosta he fucked up the Oher draft to his face but that's part of the game. DeCosta said he loved my passion for the game.

No, Im far from the best Ravens fan. I'm the only Ravens fan to get kicked out of a fan club and two message boards-lol.
    Hell, I was even banned from face book for using a phony name.

I was born here and they're my teams.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.

"even told DeCosta he fucked up the Oher draft to his face but that's part of the game."

Seriously?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Who the hell cares? If you bleed purple, never give up (or jump to another wagon) and, support this organazation no matter what; you're the tops in my book. I've been referred to as "Raven" (a name used by strangers, friends, family, and aquaintances) since 98. In that time, I've lived in New Orleans, Austin, Nashville, and currently back in Houston. In that time I've heard a lot of crap (more mean spirited than friendly) by many of folks cool or not.

Simply stated. Many people don't like our team, period! That's why I'm somewhat sensitive to what I perceive as bias, whether the media or some jerk(s) at the sports bar. I've definitely earned my strips, but wouldn't put myself above any other Raven" (unless their a fairweather phony) and, wouldn't expect anyone else to do the same, no matter how many more home games they have been to (than me) or, merchandise purchased, etc...

I don't mean to be so indignant. I know It's a slow news time, but some of the blogger folk would be better served to not write anything at all, rather than to fish out this crap! Those Sun blogs have been pretty bad lately too?
    Last edited by Stone; 06-26-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries

HEY TONY - Yea, seriously.

Just ask him the next time you see him. Remind him it was at a Nest 1 meeting and I was the big dude wearing #52. He was cool about it and appreciated my passion for the game like I said.
    I told him he should have drafted Nicks who is now the SB hero for NY. Dee told me Nicks wasn't as good as Oher. He's still waiting to get
    into one while most of the guys in this forum are scared to death Ozzie is gonna switch him back to LT.

And that draft was at a time Joe needed weapons and 4 years later he still needs weapons as we saw in the last 25 secs in NE.

You can ask your pal Sy too. It's what got me kicked out of Nest 1, that and the Anita Marks joke I played on Scott Garceau at our awards banquet where we give thousands pr yr to hi school football players in Harford County.

Them boys don't want to hear that some section across town has better fans, not when they've raised over $200,000 for charity in the Ravens name.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    The UK, obviously.
    now that's an avatar.

Blog Entries

It's simple. The best Ravens fans are in Raven Nation and that is where ever we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It's simple. The best Ravens fans are in Raven Nation and that is where ever we are.
    You said it brother...

If I say Windbag Estates, can I get Greg to give me a cool tag under my name?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    If I say Windbag Estates, can I get Greg to give me a cool tag under my name?
    You already can change it to whatever you want.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

South Carolina.....