Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who will Cleveland hate next

first it was art modell who was probably one of the most civic minded owner in sports. he almost lost his family fortune trying to bring a S[B] to cleveland. he moved to baltimore and won a S[B].

King james carried a poor cleveland cavaliers team to the finals. the owner refused to surround him with players to win a championship so king james moved on to put together a team and won a championship.

these two events have been a bad reflection on cleveland as a sports town. without a hockey team i guess the next cleveland hate will have something to do with the indians.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Who will Cleveland hate next

That city has a loser mentality. If they ever actually won a championship they'd be even more upset.

Blog Entries

They haven't stopped hating the two you mention... they don't need a next

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't follow NBA so can't comment about the Cavaliers, but I can understand the Clevelanders' feelings towards Modell. Sure, he was no Bourbon Bob, but he did pull their team away while they were selling out their dumpy old stadium.

I still hate on Irsay Irsay's evil eyes.jpeg & Jack Kent Crook & Elway. I'm not alone.

piss on Irsay.jpg
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Two likely candidates for the city of Cleveland to hate could either be Mike Holmgren or Kyrie Irving. Mike Holmgren for underperforming during his entire tenure and Kyrie Irving (an all star in the making) when he takes his talent to..........gulp..south beach in a couple of years:)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't follow NBA so can't comment about the Cavaliers, but I can understand the Clevelanders' feelings towards Modell. Sure, he was no Bourbon Bob, but he did pull their team away while they were selling out their dumpy old stadium.
    They were not selling out that stadium. In fact they actually only sold out 1-3 games per season for their last several years there.

With a capacity of 80,000 for football, it probably was hard to fill that place.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    first it was art modell who was probably one of the most civic minded owner in sports. he almost lost his family fortune trying to bring a S[B] to cleveland. he moved to baltimore and won a S[B].

King james carried a poor cleveland cavaliers team to the finals. the owner refused to surround him with players to win a championship so king james moved on to put together a team and won a championship.

these two events have been a bad reflection on cleveland as a sports town. without a hockey team i guess the next cleveland hate will have something to do with the indians.
    Danny Ferry and the Cavs FO tried desperately to surround James with talent but they simply couldn't lure that second great player to Cleveland. Amare Stoudimire didn't want to come. James even asked Chris Bosh if he would come to Cleveland and he said absolutely not. They signed Larry Hughes when Michael Redd inexplicably decided to stay in Milwaukee versus coming home and playing with LeBron. Mo Williams, Delonte West and a host of others just weren't good enough. By the time Shaq got there he was finished. Forgetting the ultra regrettable 'Decision' and the subsequent 'Pep Rally' LeBron made the decision now versus waiting another 5 years after he was past his prime. I believe if he could do it again he wouldn't have wanted to have been drafted by the Cavs.

Blog Entries

"Who will Cleveland hate next?"

ANSWER : Whoever is their new GM/HC because they have a history of incompetence. Of course they will hate Baltimore and Ravens fans forever as if we stole their past. 1964 Championship was well before Mr. Art Model moved his team. Let the Browns fans have their animosity towards us, I surely do not care... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They haven't stopped hating the two you mention... they don't need a next
    Yup.

If you're bitter enough to hate your ex for leaving you, your bitterness goes up, not down, if you seem him/her happy and successful with someone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Yup.

If you're bitter enough to hate your ex for leaving you, your bitterness goes up, not down, if you seem him/her happy and successful with someone else.
    Little window into akashicrecorder? ;)

Themselves for trying to vilify an owner or player that gave everything they could for the city. Cleveland fans to get rid of their hate and take what is given to them. Then one of their teams might win it all. Modell should be in the HOF for helping to make the NFL so popular and being an owner who had visions of how the NFL could be better. Cleveland sportswriters should be ashame of themselves for not voting for Modell and using him to sell papers using a story that happened long ago. James showed the NBA that he is a premier player by being MVP and hekping to win the title this year. Must suck for cleveland fans to know that both teams had the right player/owner that could win it all.