Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sun columnist is CLUELESS while Jen Royle bellyaches about Baltimore

“Royle, who has used social media as well any sports reporter in Baltimore, has been a controversial figure, there is no doubt about that. But as was the case with Anita Marks, who left a talk-show post at WJZ-FM last year, gender surely played a role.

Let's be honest, the largely male sports-talk audience here seems to have some real issues with any woman on-air who has strong opinions on sports.”

Do you buy this?

Is Royle's ongoing bellyaching about Bmore justified?

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Sun columnist is CLUELESS while Jen Royle bellyaches about Baltimore

That is a terrible disservice to the women out there doing a good job.

@#$! her. She is loathesome.

I still remember listening to NST on the morning that eventually led to her idiotic lawsuit. They were mocking her - gently, by their standards - for saying on air that Camden Yards seated 70,000 or so fans.

Amber Theoharris would never have said that Camden Yards seats 70,000 fans, because she is not a blowhard idiot. *That* is why Jenn Royle is not liked. It's because she's an idiot. And, it turns out, someone who thinks way too much of herself and someone who is willing to use the courts to bully people she doesn't like.

edit: Not surprised the commentator in question is David Zurawik. I genuinely like his material when he's actually writing about the media, but any time he moves into social commentary I wish he'd shut up. Similar to Drew that way, actually.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

The bottom line is ratings. Does she have good ratings? Did Marks? The rest of this is just noise.

The first person I thought of was Amber Theoharis.

She blows that asinine theory out of the water. She's very good at what she does.

Royle was just plain awful. The fact she's a woman had nothing to do with it.

Yes, it is pretty simple.
    If it is your job to be knowledgeable in the subject that you report on, but you show you are not, then people will have a problem with you and then ignore you...no matter how loud you scream or kick or cry or what gender you are.

Blog Entries

Been out of the area for a couple years but the thing that I didn't like about Marks is that she would throw in references to her panties, sexual tones, etc. I am as red blooded as the next guy but don't mix it with sports talk.

You can't protest not being respected with the men then talk about your panties...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

David Zurovich(sp) is just another idiot hack writer from the liberal rag. He doesn't have a clue, much like Royle and Marks.

Royle knew nothing about football or the Ravens and it was insulting to have her talking about them as if she did.

Marks was a bitter Miami homer who hated the Ravens and again, it was an insult for her to be covering them.

Celeb-media types will never get it. "Woe is me. We are so persecuted." Guess what douchebags, don't be hypocritical critics. If you want to stir the pot with your "opinions", have a thick enough skin to accept the backlash.

It's such a ridiculous argument. It's now the standard reason thrown back in everyones face if a women is accused of being a bad reporter. I can think of three female reporters in the Baltimore area either in the past or present that I think are/were very good - Amber Theoharris, Brittany Ghiroli, (and this will show my age) Gayle Gardner. It is an insult to the solid female reporters that are out there to always assume people "hate" a female reporter because she's a woman and not because she just sucks at her job.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    David Zurovich(sp) is just another idiot hack writer from the liberal rag.
    Heh.

It is a rag, I will agree, and you may be right that its editorial board is "liberal," I don't know.

But Zurawik? No, not a liberal.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

She blows that asinine theory out of the water. She's very good at what she does.

...or did it add to it....hmmm....

:celery
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I also thought of the woman who left for ESPN. She was very good at covering the Ravens as well and did not seem to hold punches when interviewing the players. Was she Sage Steele?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

Sun columnist is CLUELESS

Do you buy this?
    Yessirree that I buy and you don't even have to tell me which name this time
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old