Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Sun columnist is CLUELESS while Jen Royle bellyaches about Baltimore

Zurawick isn't clueless. He says things like this to get ... wait for it ... higher ratings.

If Baltimore sports fans didn't treat the crappy male radio "personalities" with the same contempt, he might have a point. But we do. Crap is crap, regardless of how the person is "equipped".

If you're incompetent you're going to get crushed. Jen was as much an idiot as the Bulldog or the moronic fighting ungers whom I detested.

It ain't about your sexual orientation but rather if you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Jen was as much an idiot as the Bulldog
    I can't agree. Nobody was a bigger idiot than the Bulldog!

Sorry, Festivus, but you should take your blinders off: Dr. Z too frequently wears his bleeding heart on his sleeve. I used to really enjoy Z's unique insights into the media, until he lost his self-control. This idiotic statement like this one has caused Z to lose whatever credibility he had.

I have enjoyed some of Baltimore's female sportscasters, going back to Gayle Gardiner, up to the sports-savvy and articulate Amber Theoharris. Jen Royle is a fuckin' bozo who was run out of town for her incompetence and her stupid attempts to add sexual innuendos to sports commentary. I enjoy sexual innuendos, all the way to vulgarity, if I want a night downtown at the Block, but sex has nothing to do with sports. She's an idiot who deserved her unpopularity in Baltimore. And Z is an idiot for his lame attempt to relate her unpopularity to gender bias.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm now convinced she has a personality disorder after she repeatedly tries to pick fights on twitter with fans from Baltimore, and just acts like a 6 year old. It is really embarrassing, unprofessional and insane the way she acts. Anyone who follows her knows exactly what I am talking about.

The other night she was trying to egg some guy on to meet up and fight her and her "friends", playing the weak little female victim that couldn't possibly defend herself from the mean man on twitter...as usual.

Oh and the "friends" she was referring to were Adam Jones and two other O's I can't think of right now. Yeah she was threatening to bring "her boys" along, only in her delusional mind. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Sorry, Festivus, but you should take your blinders off: Dr. Z too frequently wears his bleeding heart on his sleeve. I used to really enjoy Z's unique insights into the media, until he lost his self-control. This idiotic statement like this one has caused Z to lose whatever credibility he had.

I have enjoyed some of Baltimore's female sportscasters, going back to Gayle Gardiner, up to the sports-savvy and articulate Amber Theoharris. Jen Royle is a fuckin' bozo who was run out of town for her incompetence and her stupid attempts to add sexual innuendos to sports commentary. I enjoy sexual innuendos, all the way to vulgarity, if I want a night downtown at the Block, but sex has nothing to do with sports. She's an idiot who deserved her unpopularity in Baltimore. And Z is an idiot for his lame attempt to relate her unpopularity to gender bias.
    I don't disagree with you about Zurawik at all, T. I like his commentary about tv shows. Like Drew Forrester talking about social issues but not sports, or Mike Preston talking about football but not lacrosse, I wish he'd stick to what he knows best.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I'm now convinced she has a personality disorder after she repeatedly tries to pick fights on twitter with fans from Baltimore, and just acts like a 6 year old. It is really embarrassing, unprofessional and insane the way she acts. Anyone who follows her knows exactly what I am talking about.
    I think you're right here regarding her mental disorders here.
    Six months after she's gone and she still finds it necessary to verbally spar with people she obviously doesn't like.

I don't do twitter or any of the other social media stuff, but it would seem to me that if you disliked the place here so much, why not just mature up as a so called "professional" and ignore the stuff that made you leave to get away from it in the first place.

Don't think there's any rules or regulations on social media that state you have to respond to negativity thrown your way.

The fact that she finds it necessary to still get involved in the banter that goes on about her really doesn't help her establish a professional status that she apparently thinks she deserves.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

If Baltimore only hates women reporters, then why don't we like Mr. Z?!

It's a load of crap. This town didn't care for Anita and Jen because they were bad at their jobs. We also (I speak for the whole town, damn it!) hated Bulldog.

And Amber is the easy counter argument. For the most part she's well liked and respected.

Maybe Z should take a look at the quality of their reporting and not the gender for the real story.
    If life hands you a lemon... throw it at somebody!!

Blog Entries

Does Sage Steele also help to shoot down his theory? She was CSN, so maybe not totally Baltimore, but locally, she was well received and she parlayed it into a job for ESPN.

Really, most knowledgeable fans are just upset at ANY media person who just can't get the facts straight and still try to claim to be the expert. The reason I hated Anita Marks was because she ALWAYS said "The Ravens just need to go out and trade WHATEVER it takes to get Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall, TO, etc". Not even just she wished it would happen...she was dumbfounded when Ozzie wouldn't do it, like obviously she knew how to run a football team and by not doing it, Ozzie just did not.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Two words...

Sage Steele
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    But Zurawik? No, not a liberal.
    I was going to make this point, too. Zurawik is far-right. At least he takes that point of view in his columns, where he regularly goes after TV figures like Jon Stewart, and can't help himself but wander off course into non-media commentaries.

It's sort of the Mike Preston school of journalism. Pander for readers by stirring up controversy for controversy sake even if you don't really have a story to write about. We get annoyed, and then remember that these are columnist paid to poke us.

In an semi-ironic way, Royale was kind of the same beast. She clearly was not hired because of her ability to report on the teams she was covering. And like Preston and Zurawik, she makes her self the story first-and-foremost, ahead of the teams and players and coaches she ostensibly covering. It's annoying.

With Royale, for the first year or so at least didn't it seem like she just wanted to talk about her relationships in her previous job with the Yankee players...and didn't it seem like she struggled to say anything interesting about her current beat?

I can recall when Anita Marks was chased out, and the station was looking to replace her, that I hoped they had learned their lesson and not hire some out of town sports babe whose heart wasn't really here and whose brain wasn't really capable of interesting insights. And lo and behold, that seems to be exactly what we got with Royale.

Rather than criticize her, I blame the management clowns who hired her and set her up to fail. We were already fed up with a steady diet of Marks, and they gave us Anita Marks Part Two with Jen Royale. She was set up to fail, so in that sense I feel badly for her. Our wrath is somewhat misdirected.

Are we so sexist that we can't accept a female sports talker? Of course not. That lazy, stupid suggestion deserves no more conversation than a column asserting we hate Mike Preston columns because we're racists.

And yet, here I am, talking about this stupid topic. Zurawik wins. He fabricates a controversy where none exists. Why is Royal still a topic? Because Zurwik is trolling for something to stir us up. He's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Rather than criticize her, I blame the management clowns who hired her and set her up to fail. We were already fed up with a steady diet of Marks, and they gave us Anita Marks Part Two with Jen Royale. She was set up to fail, so in that sense I feel badly for her.
    It may interest you to know that that is *precisely* the point Drew was making on the morning he and Glenn made the comments that led to the lawsuit against NST.

I don't have a problem with her being an idiot; people can't help that. But she shouldn't have gone to court to resolve a personal problem and she should *definitely* not have been urinating on the fans the way she did. No sympathy from me.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.