Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 103
  1. #49

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So why are the the military weapon of choice? Accuracy?

    If you have any feedback from your friend about the mini on any type of cleaning/ jamming etc. I'd appreciate it. I am probably going to go with that though, my brother has been saying to get one forever.
    "Always keep in mind that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder"




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    "Always keep in mind that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder"
    Good point.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Exercise it while you still can.

    http://www.westernjournalism.com/the...-trade-treaty/

    Yes I know the Senate would still vote on it and I doubt they could get 2/3 to sign off on it but the way things are going lately ... you never know.

    On a side note, I can't believe any one considering a run for the Whitehouse (Hilary or reelection BHO would consider signing this...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exercise it while you still can.

    http://www.westernjournalism.com/the...-trade-treaty/

    Yes I know the Senate would still vote on it and I doubt they could get 2/3 to sign off on it but the way things are going lately ... you never know.

    On a side note, I can't believe any one considering a run for the Whitehouse (Hilary or reelection BHO would consider signing this...
    But But But ....

    TEP told us Obama wasn't going to do anything to curb our 2nd Amendment freedoms.

    I'm confused now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    But But But ....

    TEP told us Obama wasn't going to do anything to curb our 2nd Amendment freedoms.

    I'm confused now.
    I thought about posting it on that thread in response to his post, where he conveniently didn't respond to that (treaty) when telling you how far right Obama was in relation to other democrats and gun control.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #54

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Exactly how does this affect your right to bear arms? It doesn't. I ignored the point then because it was irrelevant to anyone who understands that the right to bear arms is not affected by this treaty in any way.

    It's funny how you two can extrapolate from a treaty he may or may not sign that the big bad man in the White House is working to take away your guns when in fact that treaty in no way, shape or form intends to (nor is it even capable of) doing so.

    But, but, but... our second amendment rights... Wayne La Pierre said...

    All this unwarranted paranoia can't be good for your health. Your guns are safe. You can continue get them rather easily if you want them, and in any number of ways. That won't change one iota as a result of this treaty. There's a difference between controlling access to weapons and the limiting a person's right to have them.

    This is about curbing access to a variety of weapons and nefarious arms deals. I don't expect it will be particularly effective in the context of meaningful gun control, but I also don't see how this in any way relates to the second amendment.

    Of course I also think the second amendment is an outdated crock of sh*t, but that's besides the point.




  7. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,333
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Speaking of cleaning, I worked with a sargeant who was in Nam and a VC jumped out from a bush and had him drop dead in his sights.

    His AK 47 jammed.

    The Sarge's M-16 didn't and he shot him dead.
    When the sarge examined the AK he saw it wasn't cleaned. Not cleaning it saved his life.

    Back in the 90s we were sitting around the office debating the M-16 vs the AK-47. Most of the guys preferred the M-16 because it was more accurate but that same sarge said that doesn't matter in the jungle and a guy jumps out of the bush and has the drops on you at close range.

    He knew from experience.

    I don't know about now but they made us take a rifle apart blind folded and clean them cause you have to change them in the dark on the battle field. We knew every inch of our wapons like our bodies.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403
    The treaty will vastly increase the price of importation, thus raising the price of weapons. Since 50-60% of the handguns sold in the US come from places like Germany and Austria, the importation on moderately priced weapons will get more expensive.

    I think you're smart enough, TEP, to know that cost gets passed on to the buyer. Once prices start going up, it's more difficult to buy weapons.

    Is it some sweeping anti-gun measure? No and nobody claimed it was. You claimed this President isn't doing anything along the lines of gun control and this, along with things mentioned in other threads, shows that your claim is as nowhere absolute as you make it out to be.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,372
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of cleaning, I worked with a sargeant who was in Nam and a VC jumped out from a bush and had him drop dead in his sights.

    His AK 47 jammed.

    The Sarge's M-16 didn't and he shot him dead.
    When the sarge examined the AK he saw it wasn't cleaned. Not cleaning it saved his life.

    Back in the 90s we were sitting around the office debating the M-16 vs the AK-47. Most of the guys preferred the M-16 because it was more accurate but that same sarge said that doesn't matter in the jungle and a guy jumps out of the bush and has the drops on you at close range.

    He knew from experience.

    I don't know about now but they made us take a rifle apart blind folded and clean them cause you have to change them in the dark on the battle field. We knew every inch of our wapons like our bodies.
    I can't speak for the Marines or Army, but in the Navy we do go through weapons training and part of it is dis-assembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    As big of a fan I am over my M4, the AK-47 and it's variants pwns the AR-15 and it's variants.

    The AK is more durable weapon and more accurate at longer distances. You can drop an AK in a pile of mud, sand, etc pick it up and it will go bang every time.

    The same cannot be said for AR's. Even a modest amount of dirt inside the chamber and you've got issues. It's that very reason they added the forward assist to the upper receiver.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Exactly how does this affect your right to bear arms? It doesn't. I ignored the point then because it was irrelevant to anyone who understands that the right to bear arms is not affected by this treaty in any way.
    Then why not put that in your reply. You left it out because it went against your point that Obama was not anti-gun.

    All this unwarranted paranoia can't be good for your health. Your guns are safe. You can continue get them rather easily if you want them, and in any number of ways. That won't change one iota as a result of this treaty. There's a difference between controlling access to weapons and the limiting a person's right to have them.
    Barely. AS Houston pointed out imported weapons would become very expensive, perhaps too expensive to buy. In order to bear arms, you have to first buy it... don't you?

    Of course I also think the second amendment is an outdated crock of sh*t, but that's besides the point.
    Anyone surprised by this. I know I'm not.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,372
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In order to bear arms, you have to first buy it... don't you?
    You have to at least buy the necessary clothing...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland