Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Don't look on google for your guns and ammo.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/google-s...s-results.html
    Now thats interesting. Not really anything new though. Google has massive databases of ip-based searches. It catalogues practically everything.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

But no more guns.

It's not selling them anymore and Pelosi said the 2d amendment was
    still on the agenda. A lot of heavy shit is coming down if he is
    re-elected now that health care stands.

This is a major outlet that gave up their right to sell guns.

What a silly thing to do for Google.

This does absolutely nothing to stop the sale of ammo or weapons. I can still do a Google search and find hundreds of retailers who will still sell me ammo and guns.

They must have done this to appease someone in the Government.

Blog Entries

Houston, what's your thoughts about "assault rifles". What are a few good manufacturers and models to consider?

Use of a proxy website such as anonymouse.Org will hide your I. P. From Google and its databases. FWIW.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Houston, what's your thoughts about "assault rifles". What are a few good manufacturers and models to consider?
    I have no idea what an "assault rifle" is. :)

But if you mean those mean looking weapons that do the same thing other weapons do -- shoot a bullet -- there are a few in my collection.

I love my Bushmaster M4 Carbine. Takes me back to my days as an MP. It's totally modular so you can add all kinds of rails, sights, etc to make it even more angry looking.

I also have a semi-automatic H&K MP5. It's good for a light weight option and for putting a lot of rounds through it since its 9mm. The trigger has been highly polished on mine (wink) and is pretty fun.

I am also saving up to purchase an integrally suppressed AK-47 from the folks over at Red Jacket Firearms. They make a great product and I cannot wait to shoot that rifle. It's whisper quiet and far more accurate than a stock AK.

Blog Entries

I was considering a few. The Bushmaster M4 was one, but I was reading some so-so reviews, so I am not sure. It seems more affordable than Colt's.

I was also debating between an Mini 14 and a Mini Thirty. I like the power of the thirty but reading it suffers in the accuracy department, especially when it gets hot.

I to am saving up for a Red Jacket gun as well.
    http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/ind...emart&Itemid=6

I kid, but I would like to have one just because.

I was considering a few. The Bushmaster M4 was one, but I was reading some so-so reviews, so I am not sure. It seems more affordable than Colt's.
    Colt made the original AR variant, IIRC, so theirs is always going to be the go-to. My only complaint about the Bushmasters are the mags. Very unreliable. I threw mine away and went with another brand.

I was also debating between an Mini 14 and a Mini Thirty. I like the power of the thirty but reading it suffers in the accuracy department, especially when it gets hot.
    Never shot a Thirty but a friend of mine just got a 14 and loves it.

I to am saving up for a Red Jacket gun as well.
    http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/ind...emart&Itemid=6

I kid, but I would like to have one just because.
    If the ammo wasn't so costly, I'd love to have a .50 Caliber. This gun is modeled after the Barrett M107 Sniper Rifle and they found a way to reduce noise and still maintain velocity (relatively). Simply amazing. Will Hayden is the Picaso of craft weaponry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Colt made the original AR variant, IIRC, so theirs is always going to be the go-to. My only complaint about the Bushmasters are the mags. Very unreliable. I threw mine away and went with another brand.
    PRetty much the complaint I was hearing. Is it true that you need to clean them every 200 - 300 rounds or they may jam. I read that about M4's in general not just Bushmasters.

Never shot a Thirty but a friend of mine just got a 14 and loves it.
    I might just go with the 14 anyway. Longer range and cheaper ammo...

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;463130Simply amazing. Will Hayden is the Picaso of craft weaponry.[/QUOTE]

Great show, despite the fact that it's the gun show with the less hot daughter.

Personally, two of my favorites are the piston drive AR he made for the NUke plant guards, and the .22 BUllpup in the zombie apocolypse episode.

I think the average person thinks of an assault rifle as a semi-auto version of an automatic weapon, and of course the automativ bariants.

Again, going back to that expensive fiveseven ammo I'd love a real Bulpup, a P90, but having nice cheap 22 Ammo is a nice plus for a gun capable of putting so many rounds down field. A friend of mine has a M1 clone in 22 caliber.

PRetty much the complaint I was hearing. Is it true that you need to clean them every 200 - 300 rounds or they may jam. I read that about M4's in general not just Bushmasters.
    AR rifles are not the most reliable rifles in the world in the sense that you need to keep them clean least they develop all kinds of jamming issues. I clean mine after every trip to the range. The carbon build up is just too extreme to leave it laying in the weapon for too long. I left my M4 in the safe for about 4 months after a day in the range and it took the better part of two hours to clean it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    AR rifles are not the most reliable rifles in the world in the sense that you need to keep them clean least they develop all kinds of jamming issues. I clean mine after every trip to the range. The carbon build up is just too extreme to leave it laying in the weapon for too long. I left my M4 in the safe for about 4 months after a day in the range and it took the better part of two hours to clean it.
    So why are the the military weapon of choice? Accuracy?

If you have any feedback from your friend about the mini on any type of cleaning/ jamming etc. I'd appreciate it. I am probably going to go with that though, my brother has been saying to get one forever.