Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 103
  1. #61

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Then why not put that in your reply. You left it out because it went against your point that Obama was not anti-gun.
    Thanks for telling me why I did or did not say something. I wasn't clear. In reality, I don't feel the need to respond to every element of an argument with self-evident failings like this one in particular.

    MY argument was not that the President was pro-gun, because he isn't and I never even suggested that he was. My argument was that the President has done virtually nothing MEANINGFUL on gun control, which he hasn't.

    Barely. AS Houston pointed out imported weapons would become very expensive, perhaps too expensive to buy. In order to bear arms, you have to first buy it... don't you?
    Yes, you do, but as usual the connections you both want to draw are tenuous. The cost of guns has nothing to do with your right to have them. And moreover, what one person can't afford, another can. If you think that this treaty will price American gun clingers out of the market, you don't understand the treaty nor the market in the first place.

    As long as you do so within the murky confines of American law, you will continue to be able to buy weapons to stockpile for Armageddon, the inevitable institution of Sharia, and/or dinner. Your 2nd amendment right to bear arms remains ENTIRELY unaffected by the potential signing of this treaty.

    Now maybe Mitt will amend the constitution to guarantee the right to bear arms at a discount. That would get the base fired up...




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Nothing like using the subjective term such as "meaningful" to keep tings nice and tidy in the debate box.

    Life must be great when dealing in such vagaries.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Yes, you do, but as usual the connections you both want to draw are tenuous. The cost of guns has nothing to do with your right to have them. And moreover, what one person can't afford, another can. If you think that this treaty will price American gun clingers out of the market, you don't understand the treaty nor the market in the first place.
    THe cost of the gun has everything to do with the right to have it. If I can't afford it... how do I have it?

    I get the point you're trying to make, but you not acknowledging pricing something so far out of what would be affordable is without a doubt.. backdoor gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    As long as you do so within the murky confines of American law, you will continue to be able to buy weapons to stockpile for Armageddon, the inevitable institution of Sharia, and/or dinner. Your 2nd amendment right to bear arms remains ENTIRELY unaffected by the potential signing of this treaty.

    Now maybe Mitt will amend the constitution to guarantee the right to bear arms at a discount. That would get the base fired up...
    Lame. What is it about you Libs that can't come to a discussion without 2nd grade attempts to mock or ridicule? So petty...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nothing like using the subjective term such as "meaningful" to keep tings nice and tidy in the debate box.

    Life must be great when dealing in such vagaries.

    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Looking to pickup a KAHR CW45, any thoughts?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Looking to pickup a KAHR CW45, any thoughts?
    They have had spring issues which they corrected.

    Why not just get a Glock? It's the same design and the weapon will be guaranteed for life.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They have had spring issues which they corrected.

    Why not just get a Glock? It's the same design and the weapon will be guaranteed for life.
    Price. A friend got the KAHR as part of a package and is selling it for $350 with two mags, it's barely a year old and hasn't even had enough rounds to be considered "broken in" (According to KAHR's recommendation).

    Plus the lack of safety (other than the trigger) makes me hesitant on Glocks.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Price. A friend got the KAHR as part of a package and is selling it for $350 with two mags, it's barely a year old and hasn't even had enough rounds to be considered "broken in" (According to KAHR's recommendation).

    Plus the lack of safety (other than the trigger) makes me hesitant on Glocks.
    This weapon has no safety either, IIRC. In fact, I don't think it has a trigger safety either.

    http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CW45.asp
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    You know, I think you're right. I could swear I remember it having a safety, but I guess they think the DAO trigger takes care of that. Appears I'm wrong.

    I think I may get it anyhow and have it be the next to the bed gun. As far as what other gun I want to get, I am totally confused.

    I do like Glocks for their simplicity and reliability, I could get pass the safety I suppose, but I am not sure which Glock to go with.

    I'd like a .45 but the Glock 36 seems to small...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,382
    Glock 30 is a tad larger in the frame and is a .45. I use it was a concealed weapon but it's a good every day weapon as well.

    Unlike other Glocks, it has a break in period of about 500 rounds.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: I would like to exercise my 2nd...

    Glock 23 it is. the 36 and 30 grips are too short. I wanted a .45 but a .40 has enough power...

    Thanks for the advice HR.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,382
    Anytime.

    You picked a fine weapon and it will last decades as long as you take care of it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland