Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Fast And Furious

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    well, if that is true kudos for Fox for not eating the catnip. I saw a clip of Hannity though with his typical absolute look of perplexity over how something so "unamerican" can happen.

MSNBC isn't wasting time covering a nonstory.

They don't cover any story-lol. Just
    bull shit like calling Laura Ingram a slut
    and using the c-word on Palin.

Hannity is a little too much for me but he is the only one in the media calling OBY
    out for his sins and he's usually right like pointing out OBY paid only 20% to taxes while hypocritically blaming other millionaires for doing the same. Meanwhile I paid 34%.

BTW, O-RAWLEY has said many
    times he's not a GOP and interviewed OBY during the campaign and was for him.

The FOX Show I referred to above
    with the guy in the suspenders is called The Five. That guy said he was even one of the war protestors during the Chicago riots.

He said Romney built Bain on a truck load of his daddy's money.

Well, I wish I was as good looking as Kerry so I could have married a ketchup billionaire.

Or I could read and write like OBY and become a millionaire publishing books and living in a huge mansion in Chicago and only pay 20% of my money to taxes or being born
    in wealth like FDR and JFK who never had a job until they became president.

At least Mitt and H. Bush started their own companies (Bain and Zapata) and were successful with them even if it was with their daddies money.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-22-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Galen, if you have an issue with the moderating, the proper venue is with us directly, not in the forum.

Please refrain from these types of off topic discussions.

Let's get back on topic folks ....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You seriously don't see the difference? Or is this just a d*m*a** attempt at trying to say the mods are biased?

And btw - he didn't say "so ignorant that he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand" he said it's either that or...... Which I think we all know it's the latter.
    LOL I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Bush above and I compared this case to Watergate, I just saw HBOs documentry on him and was surprised on a few things.

I didn't even know he was the RNC Chair at the time of Watergate. He ssid he stayed with Nixon as long as he could until the smoking gun came out proving that Nixon lied and knew all along about the break ins.

He wrote a letter that he resign.

Ford became President and said a number of ambassador ships were open - one in Paris but he wanted the one in China. He knew back in the 70s China was gonna be this powerful. Said he best job before Presdient was being the Director of the CIA. He got to meet the agents and some were compromised and killed.

He didn't say this but when he started Zapata with his daddy's money it became a front organization for the CIA. they used the
    off shore rigging company to hide their
    Bay of Pigs money. Bush laundered the money for them. True. That of course wasn't brought out in the show but that's how he later became Director of CIA. He had strong ties and was a member of the Skulls and Bones where most CIA officials still come from. The show last night did make reference to the Skulls but he wouldnt comment on it.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-22-2012 at 10:34 AM.

So let's get back to the brass tacks of what is going on here:

1) Fast and Furious was an operation gone very wrong. And it cost 200+ Mexicans and 2 Border Patrol agents their lives. And let's get the "there's no evidence" bullshit out of the way once and for all. When Brian Terry was gunned down on December 14th, 2010 two of the weapons recovered at the scene were traced back to the F&F operation. Now whether or not he was killed with the bullets from that gun are immaterial. The guns were part of the firefight, and were used in his murder. This part has been checked and clarified by the FBI, and no one in positions of authority have denied this.

2) Eric Holder has lied to Congress multiple times, including false statements on when he knew about the operation and whether or not former AG Mukasey knew of the gun-walking tactics in F&F. He since retracted THAT statement, calling it an "inadvertent" claim. That part is true since Mukasey was being briefed on Fidel Hernandez, a different case.

2) Eric Holder is holding back documents, most likely about the whistleblowers of the operation, that the House has asked for. Holder could simply have given the Committee what it asked for and this would all have gone quietly unnoticed. Instead, he has to fight the Committee to the point of now about to be held in Contempt of Congress. Why? Because there is something in these documents he does not want anyone to see.

3) The President, who no one was even blinking an eye at in the time this whole thing has been going, decided at the last minute to exert Executive Privilege over the documents the HJC asked for. So now people are asking why? What are in the documents that THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES doesn't want the Committee to see?

So. Now that we have established what is going on. I'm all for discussing this on it's merits, without the bullshit and hyperbole. If you have nothing substantive to say at this point, then stay out of the conversation.

Blog Entries

Well in that case, here's the family of the deceased agent saying the White House is hiding something and this case is very similar to Watergate.

It's starting off just like it with not that much interest now but could get ugly later on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...icials-hiding/

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Well in that case, here's the family of the deceased agent saying the White House is hiding something and this case is very similar to Watergate.

It's starting off just like it with not that much interest now but could get ugly later on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...icials-hiding/
    Look on the previous page. I posted the letter they sent to the House Judiciary Committee.

Blog Entries

I related it to Watergate.

Bummer.

After Boehner came out and said Obama's claim of executive privilege was "an admission the White House officials were involved in the decision that misled the Congress and covered up the truth."

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said there is no evidence that the White House was involved with a cover-up of the Fast and Furious scandal on “Fox News Sunday.”

What the heck is Issa thinking? He had all the LIVs thinking for sure this was the time Obama was going down. Even Rick Perry was comparing it to Watergate. You know for sure that when Rick Perry can remember his point long enough to actually verbalize it there must be some truth to it. Shit, even Dan Qualye's son has come out in agreement with Bachman and Palin on F&F. There is some serious IQ between those four folks and Issa now trying to save face. No need dude, just keep the outrage going. I think I saw where actually a second news organization other than Fox covered F&F. It's almost real.

Blog Entries

I was watching Bill Maher on Friday night and normally I enjoy some of the panelists that he brings on, but he had this one broad on who is a typical feminist, anti-republican everything and man it was just really hard to watch her. I actually think Maher is pretty funny and does make some good points here and there and I like some of the people he brings on, but this woman was horrifically obnoxious.

She's one of those people who bitch and moan about everything they don't like, but don't ever offer up any solutions or anything of substance other than it's "just wrong". I also kind of chuckled and thought of you guys because her entire argument for why "Fast & Furious" was even an issue was because it was a black attorney general and a black president.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Bummer.

After Boehner came out and said Obama's claim of executive privilege was "an admission the White House officials were involved in the decision that misled the Congress and covered up the truth."

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said there is no evidence that the White House was involved with a cover-up of the Fast and Furious scandal on “Fox News Sunday.”

What the heck is Issa thinking?
    HE was thinking what we've been saying. You can't use executive privilege to protect the attorney general.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Wicked.