Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Fast And Furious

Anybody paying attention to what's going on with that?

Grassley has a good point.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vie...-Fast-Furious-

Is BHO just protecting Holder or is he covering up his own involvement?

Blog Entries

Re: Fast And Furious

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think that there are probably a fair amount of legitimate reasons why they opted to hold onto that documentation. I'm sure that Obama was involved at some point. I also think that they're holding onto everything because of the amount of weapons that they essentially supplied Mexican cartels.

What a great idea, huh?

Give some of the most dangerous men on the continent easy access to automatic weapons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that there are probably a fair amount of legitimate reasons why they opted to hold onto that documentation. I'm sure that Obama was involved at some point. I also think that they're holding onto everything because of the amount of weapons that they essentially supplied Mexican cartels.

What a great idea, huh?

Give some of the most dangerous men on the continent easy access to automatic weapons.
    Some think that it was on purpose so that they could say, look how easy it is for Drug Cartels to get weapons from America... "We need tighter gun control laws"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Some think that it was on purpose so that they could say, look how easy it is for Drug Cartels to get weapons from America... "We need tighter gun control laws"
    That just kind of makes me chuckle.

It's such a backwards way of looking at gun control.

"Hey take these ecstasy pills to a high school and illegally give them out to all of the students...this way we can show the high school how many kids use illegal synthetic drugs..."

In any other arena this could potentially be entrapment.

This is why the gubberment makes me smdh sometimes. Incredible. Only they could get away with illegally trafficking firearms across international borders and not have to answer for it when it backfires and American citizens get killed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That just kind of makes me chuckle.

It's such a backwards way of looking at gun control.

"Hey take these ecstasy pills to a high school and illegally give them out to all of the students...this way we can show the high school how many kids use illegal synthetic drugs..."

In any other arena this could potentially be entrapment.

This is why the gubberment makes me smdh sometimes. Incredible. Only they could get away with illegally trafficking firearms across international borders and not have to answer for it when it backfires and American citizens get killed.
    And the funny thing about gun control... the only people it affects are the people who already abide by the laws on the books. The people who don't now won't follow any new ones either.

Blog Entries

And the funny thing about gun control... the only people it affects are the people who already abide by the laws on the books. The people who don't now won't follow any new ones either.
    Nope.

Not that it really matters, but this program was started under Bush.

The only reason Holder still has a job is because he is the only thing standing in the way of seeing those documents. They must have Obama written all over them. It's the only explanation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

The only reason Holder still has a job is because he is the only thing standing in the way of seeing those documents. They must have Obama written all over them. It's the only explanation.
    No border patrol agents were killed under Bush. This is about a gov't cover-up of getting guns to the Mexican cartels and people getting killed with them including an American law enforcement officer and that was 18 months ago.

The fact that the president has stepped in to prevent Congress from receiving access to Fast and Furious documents raises questions about the White House’s involvement in the program and whether something “very big” is being hidden, he said.

And as I mentioned on the other thread there's a smoking gun just like
    in Watergate. Just like Felt of the FBI turned over the Watergate tapes to
    the Wash Post, there were whistle blower touching things off in this case.
    And he/they did it for the same reason. One of their friends was murdered
    with those guns. With Felt, he didnt' like Nixon using the FBI and getting
    his men in jail including himself for break ins.

Someone up high knows there are DOJ documents with incriminating evidence
    which has the President and DOJ chief protecting but someone knows.
    This is the biggest coverup since Watergate reaching far into the White House but the media of course is down playing this time because their man is in.

As I said on the other thread, Congress subpoenaed 14,000 documents from the DOJ but Holder only gave them half. He said as late as yesterday he isn't giving them anymore so Congress is going to charge him with contempt.
    This has only happened a couple of times in history to such a high official.

As implied above, this has OBY written all over them so Holder is holding out and saying come and get me.

Dick Morris said last night that the GOP doesn't even want this as big news now with the campaign going on. It's taking focus off of that and jobs but it's the GOPs in congress that are forcing these documents.

And yet, again, there was another big White House leak yesterday.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-20-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries

I've heard this to, have you heard/read whether this was a Bush program or just something that was started while he was in office?

I've heard this to, have you heard/read whether this was a Bush program or just something that was started while he was in office?
    It's my understanding the program started under Bush, but it was a tracking program in cooperation with the Mexican Govt. If a weapon was found in Mexico, the serial number was sent to the DoJ to review and track where it was purchased. Any person can buy a fully automatic weapon -- I have a few myself -- but the paperwork is extensive and exhaustive, thus it's easy to track where they were purchased, what method of payment they used, etc.

It wasn't until Obama took office that guns were actually knowingly sent across the border to track their movements.

Blog Entries

It's my understanding the program started under Bush, but it was a tracking program in cooperation with the Mexican Govt. If a weapon was found in Mexico, the serial number was sent to the DoJ to review and track where it was purchased. Any person can buy a fully automatic weapon -- I have a few myself -- but the paperwork is extensive and exhaustive, thus it's easy to track where they were purchased, what method of payment they used, etc.

It wasn't until Obama took office that guns were actually knowingly sent across the border to track their movements.
    I see. So what changed making is program what has become more controversial is when "we" decided to take them across the border ourselves...