Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Fast And Furious

Anybody paying attention to what's going on with that?

Grassley has a good point.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vie...-Fast-Furious-

Is BHO just protecting Holder or is he covering up his own involvement?

Blog Entries

Re: Fast And Furious

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think that there are probably a fair amount of legitimate reasons why they opted to hold onto that documentation. I'm sure that Obama was involved at some point. I also think that they're holding onto everything because of the amount of weapons that they essentially supplied Mexican cartels.

What a great idea, huh?

Give some of the most dangerous men on the continent easy access to automatic weapons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that there are probably a fair amount of legitimate reasons why they opted to hold onto that documentation. I'm sure that Obama was involved at some point. I also think that they're holding onto everything because of the amount of weapons that they essentially supplied Mexican cartels.

What a great idea, huh?

Give some of the most dangerous men on the continent easy access to automatic weapons.
    Some think that it was on purpose so that they could say, look how easy it is for Drug Cartels to get weapons from America... "We need tighter gun control laws"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Some think that it was on purpose so that they could say, look how easy it is for Drug Cartels to get weapons from America... "We need tighter gun control laws"
    That just kind of makes me chuckle.

It's such a backwards way of looking at gun control.

"Hey take these ecstasy pills to a high school and illegally give them out to all of the students...this way we can show the high school how many kids use illegal synthetic drugs..."

In any other arena this could potentially be entrapment.

This is why the gubberment makes me smdh sometimes. Incredible. Only they could get away with illegally trafficking firearms across international borders and not have to answer for it when it backfires and American citizens get killed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That just kind of makes me chuckle.

It's such a backwards way of looking at gun control.

"Hey take these ecstasy pills to a high school and illegally give them out to all of the students...this way we can show the high school how many kids use illegal synthetic drugs..."

In any other arena this could potentially be entrapment.

This is why the gubberment makes me smdh sometimes. Incredible. Only they could get away with illegally trafficking firearms across international borders and not have to answer for it when it backfires and American citizens get killed.
    And the funny thing about gun control... the only people it affects are the people who already abide by the laws on the books. The people who don't now won't follow any new ones either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And the funny thing about gun control... the only people it affects are the people who already abide by the laws on the books. The people who don't now won't follow any new ones either.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I think what HR is saying is that the program itself began under Bush as Wide Receiver, but became Fast and Furious under Obama. And as your link correctly states, the issue here isn't with Wide Receiver. It's with Fast and Furious, and the lying and hiding from the AG.

I want to know why Obama invoked executive privilege on documents he says he never saw or was part of. And what is in these documents that Holder and Obama doesn't want Congress to see?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    No, it wasn't. And HERE.
    What Stinger said.

Something that's important in all of this is the obvious media bias.

Not one MSM outlet has done any substantive reporting on this.

You bet your ass they'd be all over this story if it was W.

you guys watch too much fox. this is such a political non-issue. The guys unfortunate death can't even be linked to the program. Its akin to law enforcement allowing small time drug dealers to continue to sell in order to understand the network better. Yes the program was a bad idea at worst and but if think Obama is behind this, you will be sorely disappointed. The only person who seems to really care is Issa. Outside of him, it only catnip for the LIVs.

Enjoy it while you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    you guys watch too much fox. this is such a political non-issue. The guys unfortunate death can't even be linked to the program. Its akin to law enforcement allowing small time drug dealers to continue to sell in order to understand the network better. Yes the program was a bad idea at worst and but if think Obama is behind this, you will be sorely disappointed. The only person who seems to really care is Issa. Outside of him, it only catnip for the LIVs.

Enjoy it while you can.
    1. I don't see how you can say that this is a political non-issue. If Obama chopped off on some authorizations that allowed US ATF agents to knowingly give semi & auto weapons to some of the most vicious and violent people in the world and it resulted in American casualties, that is a HUGE political issue. I don't see it as a make-or-break for Obama in the long run, but it really makes you question the decision making there. The fact that there is an obvious attempt at a cover-up here makes it even worse.

2. The Border Patrol agent's (his name was Brian Terry, btw) death was absolutely linked to this program because it was a gun that was authorized by this program to pass into the hands of the cartel that killed him. Ballistics already proved that much. Would he have been killed anyway? Sure, it's possible, but again that's not the point.

3. Mexican cartels are akin to small time drug dealers, huh? Wow. :grbac: We're not talking about a bunch of thugs running around "beefing" over disputed territory or anything. These cartels are no different than Al Qaeda except they're better trained, better funded, and better organized. I wish I could tell you guys some of the things I've seen with these cartels, but just take it from me that many feel that they are the current biggest threat to national security right now. Drug trafficking is just the tip of the iceberg man. They are far, far, FAR more sophisticated than that and they are much more capable than most realize.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 06-21-2012 at 07:06 AM.