Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Jamison Hensley: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North.

For the record, I think we're going to finish in 3rd as well.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

For the record, I have no idea how the Ravens will finish. I am very hopeful and optimistic that they will do very well this year. They'll win the division, get a first round-bye, and ultimately hoist the Lombardi down in New Orleans.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    For the record, I think we're going to finish in 3rd as well.
    Why?

Too much can happen during the season, like it does every year( Injuries, off field problems, and last but not least, team implodes). Happened to the chargers, jets, steelers several years ago, vikings,bills last year, so it will have to be a wait and see what happens. Sportswriters know just a little bit more then the most rabid football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Why?
    Because every season there is great turnover in the standings. The 4 consecutive playoff appearances is remarkable in itself. It's going to end at somepoint, and it's pointless to pretend it won't. This isn't baseball we're talking about here. It's not a knock on us as much as it is praise to the other two teams that I think will finish in front. I think Cincy will win the division (they are LOADED with talent) and Pittsburgh will slightly edge us out. The loss of the DPOY doesn't help either.

I'm also not going to pretend that I know this for a fact. I have no clue. It's just how I see it playing out.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Predicting records before preseason is pointless. Predicting them before the first quarter of the season ends isn't even that easy.
    Exactly.

Last year's 12 ESPN Experts preseason (September 1) picks:

AFC North: Steelers 8, Ravens 4
    AFC South: 5 experts picked the Colts
    AFC West: unanimous for the Chargers
    NFC West: Rams 9, Cardinals 3
    NFC East: Eagles 11, Cowboys 1

Only one expert picked the Giants (as a wild card) to even make the playoffs.

Super Bowl:
    Patriots v. Packers (4)
    Patriots v. Saints (2)
    Patriots v. Eagles (2)
    Patriots v. Cowboys
    Steelers v. Eagles
    Chargers v. Saints
    Jets v. Falcons

Experts don't alway get it right

Blog Entries

Because every season there is great turnover in the standings. The 4 consecutive playoff appearances is remarkable in itself. It's going to end at somepoint, and it's pointless to pretend it won't. This isn't baseball we're talking about here. It's not a knock on us as much as it is praise to the other two teams that I think will finish in front. I think Cincy will win the division (they are LOADED with talent) and Pittsburgh will slightly edge us out. The loss of the DPOY doesn't help either.

I'm also not going to pretend that I know this for a fact. I have no clue. It's just how I see it playing out.
    And the Ravens are not? Come on man. I don't think Cinci has a talent edge over Pitt or Baltimore. Infact, I think it could still be argued that they are still lagging behind, slightly. Not to mention Marvin Lewis is the worst head coach in the division, among coaches who have established a track record. (The jury is still out on Shurmur).

The fact is the division is going to be a dog fight down to the very end. Could the Ravens end up 3rd? Sure, but there is nothing concrete to base that prediction on. We've still got training camp and the preseason to go through.

The streak will end one day, of course it will but so will the world as we know. Until it happens, who cares...

Blog Entries

The Bengals do have some talent, but they've got what I would call "lopsided" talent (if that makes sense).

They've got 1 really great young WR and a lot of unknowns. They've got a solid OL with a top rated LT and they've got an intelligent young QB with good accuracy and an offensive coordinator who knows how to use him. They don't have a ton of talent in the backfield and the rest of their receivers are all untested/unknown. Defensively they've got 1 great cornerback and 2 outstanding DT's (Peko & Atkins). Other than that, they're very pedestrian.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Bengals do have some talent, but they've got what I would call "lopsided" talent.
    that does makes sense and I agree. I also agree that coaching is a problem for them.

I think it comes down to the Ravens and Pitt but I get why we are not going to be picked by most experts. Especially ones that aren't really paying attention.

I agree that Hensley has been bashing the Ravens since joining ESPN. I am not in disagreement that the Ravens will finish 3rd or miss the playoffs but for different reasons. I believe the Ravens have the worst oline coach in football and this year the quality of players has declined from last year. Moeller is terrible and he is stealing a paycheck from the Ravens. The left side of the line has potential to be a disaster. Birk is on borrowed time. Yanda is very good and Oher is solid. I have no faith that the line will be coached up this year. I have no faith in Cam being creative to over come the deficiencies in the line. Jay Gruden is a far superior OC and they do have some talent. Steelers are making one last run before they have to tear it down. The schedule is tough for the AFC North this year.

The one problem with the Ravens is that they continue to ignore the fact that Cam Cameron has been holding this team back. We know that our offense will not be any better, so, once again, we'll have to depend on our defense to get us into the playoffs. We have the talent to make a super bowl run, but questionable coaching may make it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The one problem with the Ravens is that they continue to ignore the fact that Cam Cameron has been holding this team back. We know that our offense will not be any better, so, once again, we'll have to depend on our defense to get us into the playoffs. We have the talent to make a super bowl run, but questionable coaching may make it difficult.
    That's a pretty bold statement and speculative at best.