Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Jamison Hensley: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North.

Yea, Ravens finish 3rd in division with 12-4 record, unfortunately steelers and bengals get the breaks this year. Meanwhile seattle wins division with 8-8 record. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement and speculative at best.
    Why? we'll have our typical "play-not-to-lose" offense and hope that our defense is, once again, dominant. If our defense isn't as good as expected, we're toast. cameron gets out-coached on a weekly basis. Our only hope is on defense. Why do you think that the braintrust isn't quick to to sign Flacco and rice to long-term deals? They know it doesn't matter who we have throwing or running the ball, as our offensive coordinator sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The one problem with the Ravens is that they continue to ignore the fact that Cam Cameron has been holding this team back. We know that our offense will not be any better, so, once again, we'll have to depend on our defense to get us into the playoffs. We have the talent to make a super bowl run, but questionable coaching may make it difficult.
    And it is really hard to argue with you.
    I agree about Cam and know that the Ravens could very easily have been in 2 super bowls during the past 4 years instead of watching them.
    The offenses' success has come mostly on players making outstanding individual plays by beating their man since the offensive play calling does not put them in the best chance to succeed.

The offense could take a step forward regardless if all this speed and size is put on the field.
    Our players may physically win the battles inspite of the play call and Flacco is pretty damn accurate and can thread a needle even during the most intense pressure, see Pats game and pass thrown to Evans which would have made him a super bowl quarterback.

4. Re: Jamison Hensley: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North.

I think you guys will be pretty good. If I had to pick a win count for next year, I would say you win 11 games.

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Today on the blog Hensley has each team in the division's "Hidden Treasure..."

For the Ravens, it's TEs.

For the Bengals, it's the DL--"the best DL in the division last season." Huh????

For the Browns, it's the secondary, with "Joe Haden... the best CB in the division" and "TJ Ward, a top-10 safety in the NFL." Double Huh????

For the Steelers, it's the OL. Triple Huh???????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

For the Bengals, it's the DL--"the best DL in the division last season." Huh????

For the Browns, it's the secondary, with "Joe Haden... the best CB in the division" and "TJ Ward, a top-10 safety in the NFL." Double Huh????

Yea, I saw that too.

I wonder if Hensley has any idea of how dumb he is?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well, with the Browns, their defensive line was so easy to run on, nobody bothered to pass much. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Well, with the Browns, their defensive line was so easy to run on, nobody bothered to pass much. :)
    Which is EXACTLY why their passing defense was rated so high. That's why Hensley is a dumb-dumb. It's not hard to come to that conclusion.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Ouch Jamie. What are you doing?

Whatever the reasons are for his reasoning are not reasonable. The little cap space we have, which he didn't address, is proof that the Ravens invested their money wisely. A restructuring of Flacco and Rice contracts could give immediate relief and free up some cash for a veteran if needed down the line. I let Oz worry about that. Perhaps that's in the back of Jamison's mind, don't know. The Steelers will have to keep Ben upright for them to improve. After the draft its a big we'll see. I think we're in great shape to compete again. And again, as eluded to before, if Evans after the catch holds on to the ball things might be viewed differently by Jamison. Then again if he's trying to make a name for himself.... it's being accomplished!

12. Re: Jamison Hensley: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but he seems to shit on the Ravens alot, now that he's gone national.
    I agree. Like he's trying prove he's not a homer. I feel like the D is poised to possibly be better than last year. I can't remember the last time we had so many young, rising studs on that side (Kruger, McPhee, Webb, Smith, Upshaw). As long as Cody or Ngata don't go down with injury, I think we'll be more than OK on D.

Offense needs two things to happen imo. Need to get that OL squared away, but it seems like we go through this every year with the OL and they're always average. Flacco needs to use his legs a little more. I don't know if it's lack of awareness or what, but he has decent wheels and if he can run just 2-3x more a game, whether it's picking up the 1st with his legs or extending the play, that'll go a long way to helping problem #1.