Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jamison Hensley: The Ravens will finish 3rd in the AFC North.

I don't think we can win the SB tbh because of all the ageing defensive players on our team, like Courtney Upshaw and Paul Kruger.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but he seems to shit on the Ravens alot, now that he's gone national.
    agreed. this guy is leveraging his experience covering the ravens and has really applied a negative tint on his coverage. not sure why but i'm sure its survival in the journalistic world.

Blog Entries

I don't mind this at all. The season usually isn't a success if we are the favorites anyway. The team just fights better with the underdog mentality. Argue whether they should or not but they do.

Might as well not watch the Ravens this year, after being picked to finish third in the division by hensley. Boy will my wife be happy to have me doing all the yard work and completing the honey do list. Those off field distractions always ruin the Ravens and the steelers will win everything because they have it all together as usual. Ravens probably have quit trying already and will have to wait until the 2013 season. Sportswriters are never wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Ravens in 3rd place?!!?!?!

You got to be kidding!!!

I mean, we have a fat guy who can't get ready to play at LT.
    A ex-Bengal with a fractured ankle at LG replacing an all-pro guard.
    We have a center who can't stand up straight or move.
    We have Yanda who likes to chew on people and Blindsided Oher at RT.
    We have a quarterback that can't catch his own throws AND will be busy changing diapers.
    We have one of the best runningbacks in the league who won't sign and a new wideout/returner who can't catch and when he does, he fumbles.

On defense they are all old, Suggs is out, Reed is a no show, Ray is 47 and Kruger and Kindle's last name starts with a K, which means KAN'T win division.
    Oh, and Ngata is fat but Cody is skinny AND Cameron is still running a 1930s offense.
    He is rumored to be installing the power I formation with 3 TEs and a blocking sled but will have whoever is playing tailback to lead Leach through the hole since Joe can't audible since he has only played 4 years.

Did I miss anything?
    Yes, you forgot they also look terrible in the new uniforms.

Thanks for this Ravens 44. Now I will not have to get up early on Sunday's. I can miss drinking Guinness in the parking lot with my friends, and instead stay home and cut the grass, and do yard work. And I can save some money by not buying that "I have too many teeth to be a steeler fan" T shirt I had my eye on.

It is certainly plausible for the ravens to finish third. Based on the ravens schedule and if the offense doesn't step up to keep up with the elite QBs (see 2011 Chargers game) or have injuries that slow down Rice then 9-7 isnt too hard to see. I will be happy if they get 11-5 or 10-6 this year. The patriots seem to have a cupcake schedule and should be able to lock the number 1 seed so the Ravens have their work cut out for them. Last season was the Super Bowl run guys, I'll be really shocked if they do it this year!

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    It is certainly plausible for the ravens to finish third. Based on the ravens schedule and if the offense doesn't step up to keep up with the elite QBs (see 2011 Chargers game) or have injuries that slow down Rice then 9-7 isnt too hard to see. I will be happy if they get 11-5 or 10-6 this year. The patriots seem to have a cupcake schedule and should be able to lock the number 1 seed so the Ravens have their work cut out for them. Last season was the Super Bowl run guys, I'll be really shocked if they do it this year!
    Unfortunately I pretty much agree with you here. It's also pretty emotionally draining for a team to come so close and then have to go back and do it all over again.

Predicting records before preseason is pointless. Predicting them before the first quarter of the season ends isn't even that easy.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Predicting records before preseason is pointless. Predicting them before the first quarter of the season ends isn't even that easy.
    Yes it is, but that won't stop us from doing it. What else are we going to do before training camp starts.

I don't think any of us care what Jamison thinks in his new blog. He is falling over backwards trying not to look like a Ravens homer. We know it, and he knows it.

As for next season:

Cleveland will stink like they always do.
    The league will have a year's worth of tape to study Cincinnati's rookies from last year. They rookies coming in will contribute, but will not be a factor until 2013. They will be make some noise but in the end they will not hang with the stealers or the Ravens.

The stealers will be the stealers. Their defense will be a year older, folks will fill in and they will be a top 5 unit. Ben and Wallace will make some plays; their o-line will improve but there will be rookie mistakes. They will rely almost exclusively on the passing game, because of their uncertain running back situation, and Ben will make stupid throws and getted picked in key situations and lose at least 4-5 games by himself.

Three teams we think will be good in the league will struggle. Three other teams (one being Tennessee probably) will be better than expected.

Ozzie will work his magic and find at least one more O lineman who will start. Between McKinnie, Reid and the rookies someone will work out. Our O line will be average, but servicable.

Someone on the defensive line will step up until Suggs comes back for the playoffs. I am betting McPhee and and our new Alabama rookie.

Rice will be back with or without a new contract and will play like he always has. The "mercurial" Ed Reed will realize the $7 million is a lot of money and will be back to his usual gambling self in what will be the best defensive backfield in the league. (Is Ed Reed the only person ever referred to as mercurial)?

Harbaugh will grow a pair and tell Ray he has to put back some more weight and come out on certain passing downs.

Joe will continue to improve. His mother and/or mother in law will move in with him to help out with the baby. He will not worry about his new son (Having a ton of money in the bank kind of reduces a lot of concerns when it comes to kids).

As long as someone on the Ravens can CATCH THE FRICKIN' FOOTBALL we will be fine.

We will be around 11-5, the stealers will be in the mix as well. Whoever has fewer serious injuries will win the division. The Ravens, Texans, Pats, stealers, and either SD or Denver and one surprise team will make the playoffs.

Have a geat summer. Don't sweat it. Crabs are plentiful, National Premium is back. Come that first Monday night game none of us will care what any idiot wrote or predicted about the Ravens.

IN OZZIE WE TRUST.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 06-20-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    See post 32.

This tough schedule could quickly become not very difficult.

You never know.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Hensley's schtick is getting very tiresome. As most have alluded to he seems desperate to appease the other three teams fans in the AFC North by going out of his way to constantly prove he's not a Ravens homer and knocking the team/their chances/their players at every possible turn. Where have you gone James Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    I think he feels the need to be like that, since he still lives in Baltimore and doesn't want the other fans in the division to dismiss him as a homer.
    Which is funny, because it is not working at all. If you read the comments, the fans of the other teams (the Steelers have some real mouth-breathers on there) all call him a homer for everything he says. He barely says anything negative about the other teams, but they all assume bias anyway. The Steeler fans go crazy when ever JH mentions that James Harrison said something stupid (which is any time he opens his mouth).