Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vilma walks... Out of hearing

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Vilma walks... Out of hearing

The "statement" from the players' counsel is one of the most pathetic, self-serving, and hypocritical lumps of texts I've ever had the misfortune to read. I strongly doubt that the players' sob story will win any sympathy from the fans regardless of the NFL's actions.

They don't think the hearings are a proper venue, yet they requested them. They don't think they received any due process, yet they refused to cooperate with the investigation and blatantly obstructed at every point in the process. On the one hand they decry the NFL's secrecy surrounding the investigation and on the other hand they complain that they've been publicly hung out to dry. And they have consistently refused to submit any kind of substantive argument or defense publicly. THEY HAVE NEVER ONCE SAID "WE DIDN'T DO IT."

I know from working with criminals and offenders for years that if you didn't do it, it's the easiest thing in the world to say "I didn't do it." There's no need for faux outrage or complaints about character assassination. Innocent people just want the world to know they're innocent and they'll tell anybody who will listen.

They are as guilty as the day is long.

Reading the comments section is a hoot.

So how exactly is Goodell overstepping his authority when the players agreed to this very system?

My personal favorite:

"Free DA DAT 3... F Roger Castro Goode"
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

He claims that the bounty system is completely false; then why did Greg Williams apologize? Maybe if Vilma wouldn't sit at home and tweet all of those taunts he would be a little more credible. Now he's going to sue...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Williams, Loomis and Peyton all have either admitted it went down and / or apologized for it.

Yet, when given the chance to see some of the evidence, he walks out?

Vilmas actions to date are not that of a persecuted individual.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.

This SOP for the defense of guilty people "on trial". Attack the system, the "investigation" and anything else under the sun except.....the damning evidence. Try to change public opinion by appealing to the fans pre conceived notions about the prosecution, or Goodell in this case, and hope it gains you some favor.

They are trying to get out with a "not guilty", not prove they are "innocent" because they know damn well they aren't.

Vilma's actions make him a pathetic piece of dog doo.

With that being said, for the 'judge' that originally imposed the sentence to be the 'appeals judge' during the appeal is, to my mind, patently unfair. For a fair appeal, you need to have someone that doesn't already have a vested interest in it's ultimate outcome to view the evidence for what it is and make a decision. The original 'judge' cannot do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Vilma's actions make him a pathetic piece of dog doo.

With that being said, for the 'judge' that originally imposed the sentence to be the 'appeals judge' during the appeal is, to my mind, patently unfair. For a fair appeal, you need to have someone that doesn't already have a vested interest in it's ultimate outcome to view the evidence for what it is and make a decision. The original 'judge' cannot do this.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but you have to remember that the disciplinary process was collectively bargained. The NFLPA agreed to it. Vilma and the other scumbags are not "entitled" to much of anything--due process, fair trial, etc. Those are limitations imposed on the state. The only limitations imposed by the parties of a legal contract are the ones they themselves have agreed to. This is the contract that was negotiated.

Every part of the process that Vilma and the scumbags are sobbing and screaming about... is something they have already agreed to in principle, as HoustonRaven eloquently pointed out. And they have other options on the table as well. They could go public with all the information they have. They could present their case in a public forum. They could do any number of things that innocent people would do.

Instead, they are doing the things guilty people do. And that's because THEY'RE GUILTY!! Do they really think they're fooling anyone here?

Here's the latest from the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Those guys are guilty. I'm willing to bet that there is a "bounty" system in every locker room, something like a thousand bucks for downing the ball inside the 5 for special teams players, but not for injuring an opponent. Vilma was clearly shown as guilty in the scant evidence the NFL has supplied. He'll be lucky to play in the NFL again.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Im assuming his ban wont be lengthened, and so will only be out the one year. And then if the saints cut him because of this, after the year, hes the type of dude that would sue for unfair dismissal, and hed have a hell of a case, when it was his bosses that ultimately implemented the system. So i think, he'll be at the saints until the end of his deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Here's the latest from the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Those guys are guilty. I'm willing to bet that there is a "bounty" system in every locker room, something like a thousand bucks for downing the ball inside the 5 for special teams players, but not for injuring an opponent. Vilma was clearly shown as guilty in the scant evidence the NFL has supplied. He'll be lucky to play in the NFL again.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Im assuming his ban wont be lengthened, and so will only be out the one year. And then if the saints cut him because of this, after the year, hes the type of dude that would sue for unfair dismissal, and hed have a hell of a case, when it was his bosses that ultimately implemented the system. So i think, he'll be at the saints until the end of his deal.
    I don't think he would have much of a case. The contract is not guaranteed. If the Saints were to go after bonus money paid due to the suspension he would have a case.

The thing that drives me crazy about all the reporting on the bounty case is that the reporters act like this is going to be tried in a court of law. This is not a criminal investigation and there is no due process. They are being punished in accordance with the CBA. The "a" on the end of it means they agreed. Roddy White tweeted yesterday that he does not know why the players are whining this is what they agreed to when they signed the CBA last summer. Goodell has had the ability to punish players for things that they were accused of but never convicted off the field so why is it a surprise that he has the ability to punish the Saints players. If the players wanted a different process for discipline they should have negotiated one.

The more Drew Brees talks the more I dislike him and question his intelligence. He compared the bounty systems to WMDs in Iraq.