Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For those expecting a huge spike in the Salary Cap in the next couple of years......

.....the NFL says not to expect it to happen:

daniel kaplan ‏@dkaplanSBJ
    IN SBJ, NFL tells teams to project flat salary caps thru 2015: 2013 ($121 mln); 2014 (122 mln) 2015 (125 mln), and then in 2016 $130 mln.

Benefits will rise sharply though, but media deals will not spike the cap, not even a bit. Offsets from artificially higher caps in 11-13...

...and staggering of media deals leads to almost no cap increase projection in 1st year of mega new TV deals

If NFL projections correct, won't be until the 6th yr of new 10-yr CBA that cap exceeds level in last yr (2009) of capped year in old deal
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: For those expecting a huge spike in the Salary Cap in the next couple of years......

Oh, you mean certain poster's claims that the cap is going to jump to $150+ in the next two years is completely inaccurate and false?

Say it ain't so Ravor... :)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: For those expecting a huge spike in the Salary Cap in the next couple of years......

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh, you mean certain poster's claims that the cap is going to jump to $150+ in the next two years is completely inaccurate and false?

Say it ain't so Ravor... :)
    LOL

Blog Entries

Robert Kraft keeps saying this but a lot of agents don't seem to be listening.

Blog Entries

I never bought much into it anyway. We have some tough choices to make pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I never bought much into it anyway. We have some tough choices to make pretty soon.
    This is usually a good thing as it means we draft well and have to decide which players to hold on to as most of our picks are turning into good players. Most teams who consistantly win and draft well have this issue. It is not a bad thing at all.

i enjoyed being one of the many people to be prove correct on this, theres been many an arguement on this site and other regarding this "jump" or no jump as it will be

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not as tough as other teams who are breaking the bank on 1 - 3 players.

What kinda makes this whole thing funny to me. The Steelers restructuring this year in hoping the cap rises to off set what they kicked down the road, ain't gonna happen.

Blog Entries

Well, I am expecting my sister-in-law to have her $alary (which is non-existent now) to spike (from ZERO to +$?)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What kinda makes this whole thing funny to me. The Steelers restructuring this year in hoping the cap rises to off set what they kicked down the road, ain't gonna happen.
    Which explains why those calling for wholesale contract restructures weren't being realistic.

It's not a good practice to start with, but with the team having a tight Cap going forward - and the league-wide Cap not increasing much over the next couple of years - it's an even worse idea.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I am so sick of the cap and the funny numbers that get generated in it's name - on both sides of the contracts.

The cap is nothing but the Nerds revenge on the Jocks. Let's see how numbers can be twisted so that the Jock think's he is getting something that is not there in reality. Without contracts being guaranteed - all numbers stated are as solid as silly putty.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not as tough as other teams who are breaking the bank on 1 - 3 players.

They are screwed, it is that simple. In 2013 and 2014 they will have roughly $100 million tied up in their top 12 contracts. That is assuming they get a very cap friendly deal done with Wallace, and NOT including Antonio Brown.

Ravens on the other hand will be around $80 million, but there are way more variables to get an accurate number with the uncertain future of about 4-5 of our guys. Maybe Ravor can do some projections, the Ray contract and Reed possible extension are big factors, along with what we do with Oher.